Hemsky - Penner Trade Rumors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Re: Hemsky - Penner Trade Rumors

Yeah the Homerun trade rarely works out but it's sure fun to talk about!!
    Cory Stillman and Sean O'Donnell type guys. We see how the Recchi trade has worked out, he just keeps on going.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Hemsky - Penner Trade Rumors:
    My lines with Hemsky: Lucic     Krejci       Hemsky Recchi   Bergeron   Marchand (gotta keep this line together) Caron    Seguin      Horton (give Seguin a chance with a regular skillled line) Thornton Campbell  Ryder/Paille  (Ryder drives me nuts)
    Posted by savybergy77

Horton isn't a checker, though. We know Recci will dig and check and we know Marchand is a born checker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think Hemsky would be a flashy move. It would just be a high need/high impact move that feels a huge hole.

Chiarelli tried to sell us on Horton being this savior and while a solid investment, it's not enough.

Ryder is far too streaky and Wheeler hasn't ascended.

Iginla or Richards are more of the flashy move variety.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I could live with either but I would take the one who dominated a cup run and has a ring and plays in almost everygame.  Hemsky is a wiz with the puck.  I actually LOL when he has it.  Looks like its his and no one else can touch it. And personally I don't like the big flashy lights moves.  They normally don't pan out.  I would almost rather a quiet move like Andrew Burnette and upgrade our top 4 dmen. 
    Posted by shuperman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just looked at Penner's stats when he was part of the cup run with the Ducks, and it said he had only like 3G and 3A during the entire playoffs. Did he dominate defensively and/or down low with his physical play?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Looking forward, a trade for a solid winger needs to be made, either at the deadline or in the offseason. It's pretty sad when the best winger in free agency this summer is old man Milan Hejduk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Why do you love Andrew Brunette so much shupe?  Is it just that he's a perfect example of a second tier player who could help?  Brunette's had a surprisingly good career including an 83 point year in Colorado - but he's been basically a 20 goal scorer over the course of his career.  He's 37, too, so not exactly fresh legs, and he's a painfully slow skater.  The biggest knock on him has to be that he's made the playoffs only three times in his NHL career (four, really, but the first one in a season where he only played 11 games for the Caps), so you wonder about adding him as a playoff shot in the arm.  He does have good playoff numbers in those few appearances, though - 34 points in 43 games.

I don't trust Penner.  Hemsky's knock is both beyond his control and a function of the way he plays, so I'd rather have a guy who gets injured, but he's close to ppg player when he's in the lineup.  And like Satan, he adds something the current roster lacks - though with the usual knocks against him.  I thought he was overpaid, but his hit is lower than Penner's, and I think the Bruins could live with that.  Frankly, the biggest reason Hemsky appeals to me is that he might kickstart Krejci.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Frankly, the biggest reason Hemsky appeals to me is that he might kickstart Krejci."

Anything to kick start Krejci anyone that's not e-harmony as his passes are once again being fumbled. Not sure though if Tambellini wants to rid himself of NHL ready producers in their 20s. The draft picks that PC would give up won't be in Oiler jerseys for a few years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book- I like Brunette b/c he can be a top 6 fwd, has played in a defensive system (which would work here) and is a very good PP guy.  Wouldnt cost a lot and I think a small move like this helps out.  I am not saying he comes in and saves the day.  I think he is a piece of the puzzle. 

Hock-  I didnt look at his stats but man that seems low.  I remember teams doubling up on him and he made them look silly.  He was playing with Getz/Perry and that line was a driving force each game.  I could have swore he had more pts than that.  Guess not. 

For me there are three needs and I will list my players of choice and in order of need.

1.  Top 4 Dman.  Our d-core is good but when the playoffs come we need someone we can depend upon and is battle tested. 
    Phillips/Colin White/Regehr/Beauchmen- My preference is Phillips.  He has had a bad year but is much better than his stats this year. 

2.  Scoring Winger:
    Penner/Versteeg/Dumont/Dumont/Hemsky- I would take any one of these guys but have long stated my interest in Penner.

3.  3rd Line Center:
    Belanger/Frans Neilson- I would take either. Frans is a very good faceoff guy and seems to know how to shut down the stars.

Lineup:
    Krejci/Horton/Penner
    Bergie/Lucic/Marchand
    Recchi/Frans/Seguin
    Campy/Thorton/Ryder

Chara/K
    Phillips/Seids
    Boy/Ference(MCQ)

Stuart/Wheeler obviously were involved in the other deals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why do you love Andrew Brunette so much shupe?  Is it just that he's a perfect example of a second tier player who could help?  Brunette's had a surprisingly good career including an 83 point year in Colorado - but he's been basically a 20 goal scorer over the course of his career.  He's 37, too, so not exactly fresh legs, and he's a painfully slow skater.  The biggest knock on him has to be that he's made the playoffs only three times in his NHL career (four, really, but the first one in a season where he only played 11 games for the Caps), so you wonder about adding him as a playoff shot in the arm.  He does have good playoff numbers in those few appearances, though - 34 points in 43 games. I don't trust Penner.  Hemsky's knock is both beyond his control and a function of the way he plays, so I'd rather have a guy who gets injured, but he's close to ppg player when he's in the lineup.  And like Satan, he adds something the current roster lacks - though with the usual knocks against him.  I thought he was overpaid, but his hit is lower than Penner's, and I think the Bruins could live with that.  Frankly, the biggest reason Hemsky appeals to me is that he might kickstart Krejci.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Andrew Brunette is the equivalent of the Bruins acquiring Andrei Kovalenko in 2000 pretending it meant something.  Not enough impact.

Do we want to win the cup or what?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BBR-

In order to land a top dollar player you need cap space and players need to be available.  Who out there is available that gives you that warm feeling?  I don't see a player that is available(and thats the key).  I see smaller moves to compliment what we already have.  I think we must make some moves but the days of the mega block busters are few and far between. 
    And if landing Brunette enables the Bruins to add a top 4 dman and another piece(ie 3rd line center) I am all for it. 

Iggy isnt coming here.  Hemsky might but he isnt an everyday force and is injured more than he plays. 

Name the names that makes us that much better, and give me logic to why the teams are selling them and what we have as buyers that makes them trade with us. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think Penner would play better under CJ's system, rather than Hemsky. If theer was a trade that is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Penner all day.  There is no winger not named Lucic that I wouldn't send along with the B's first round pick for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Personally I'd like BOTH Penner & Hemsky. NAS both of these guys are game breakers! Ya know the type that we want on the ice instead of the 4th line in closing minutes when were up a goal, tied, or down a goal! I'm not going to say who the B's get rid of, but it looks like Stuart is one for sure. I think PC has to use that TO pick to get someone huge. He won't have a better opportunity to use 6mill to go for a real good run!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Penner all day.  There is no winger not named Lucic that I wouldn't send along with the B's first round pick for him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Even though he's slumping,I wouldn't send Horton and a 1st for Penner( 1 more year and he'll be ufa).I can see the appeal with Penner(and his cup ring) but that's just my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

BBR- In order to land a top dollar player you need cap space and players need to be available.  Who out there is available that gives you that warm feeling?  I don't see a player that is available(and thats the key).  I see smaller moves to compliment what we already have.  I think we must make some moves but the days of the mega block busters are few and far between.  And if landing Brunette enables the Bruins to add a top 4 dman and another piece(ie 3rd line center) I am all for it.  Iggy isnt coming here.  Hemsky might but he isnt an everyday force and is injured more than he plays.  Name the names that makes us that much better, and give me logic to why the teams are selling them and what we have as buyers that makes them trade with us. 
    Posted by shuperman

I am one that feels two spots need attention:

1. Scoring Winger. 
    2. Puck Moving defenseman.

This team's weakness is consistent scoring opps from the wing position and Power Play production.

Savard was so nasty on the PP, in particular, he made average goal scorers more money by getting 25 goals v.s. their usual 15-20.

He's that good of a passer. 

In the end, this club has good, solid Center depth, but they lose games because they can't score.  Not a huge, huge problem, but it will be their downfall in the playoffs.

I know people hated Wideman, and he had a poor defensive year last year, but he was a guy at the point on the PP who could be the foil to Chara and he was effective at the outlet pass out of the zone.

Chiarelli didn't replace this aspect in the offseason. Horton was a good risk to take on, but as you  can see, he's not really a big time winger.

I like Hemsky because he's been there before (experience), can score and can really pass. He'd also take on that Savard spot on the Power Play.

I can just see him carousing up and down the halfwall attracting defenders in his direction like Savard would do.

Like I said, I think Hemsky plays like a Center, he just does it on the wing. Someone has to shoot the puck on his line because they'll be open a lot.

Who cares who actually shoots?

So, split up the cap space left between a Hemsky type (my top choice) and a puck moving defenseman.

Here are some solid defending, decent/good puck moving defensemen available who might work based on salary and availability (team possibly out the playoffs and not in the Bruins division)

Joni Pitkanen - Carolina
    Ian White - Carolina
    James Wisniewski =- NY Islanders
    Jan Heyda - Columbus (mini Chara type)
    Brent Sopel - Atlanta

I see adding a Hemsky winger type one of these types as complementary need ads, not making a splash.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS, Wheeler perhaps? Since they need centre's, specifically with size?
    Wheeler/Bruins 1st (24th/25th overall) and maybe a 3rd for Penner?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Hemsky - Penner Trade Rumors : NAS, Wheeler perhaps? Since they need centre's, specifically with size? Wheeler/Bruins 1st (24th/25th overall) and maybe a 3rd for Penner?
    Posted by Hockguy0818

I don't think they'd take the deal, but I'd be dancing in the street!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Here are some solid defending, decent/good puck moving defensemen available who might work based on salary and availability (team possibly out the playoffs and not in the Bruins division) Joni Pitkanen - Carolina Ian White - Carolina James Wisniewski =- NY Islanders Jan Heyda - Columbus (mini Chara type) Brent Sopel - Atlanta I see adding a Hemsky winger type one of these types as complementary need ads, not making a splash.
    Posted by BBReigns

Wisniewski already got traded to Montreal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Oh. My bad.   I hate to be negative, but have you noticed how Montreal isn't bashful when making a move?  Sort of annoying when you see Boston sit every year at the deadline.

I did hear Corvo's name mentioned from Carolina as well. 

It all depends how their next 2 weeks go. They have a 5 game road trip right now and if they fall off the map, they may be sellers.

Corvo would be a good move.  Power Play guy next to Chara.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BBR,

I highly doubt Carolina will deal with us unless they fall off the map. That fan base is pushing for additions. They are on the playoff bubble but could be major buyers.  Which essentially cripples your list.  Sopel is a fringe guy who performed well in the playoffs.  so maybe as a depth guy.  I agree about Wideman. 

What about McCabe.  Heavy shot and turned into a leader in Florida.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Right. That's why I said if they free fall.  Personally, I think they do. I think deep down they know (upstairs) that they probably aren't playoff caliber with such an anemic offense and rebuild going on.

They can't tell their fans that, yes.  I agree.  Their fans are very good fans, but once that reality hits, they won't show up and fill up the upper levels.

I am 5 minutes from their arena and live down here.  I am going by what I hear and what their reality is.

Also, their ASG situation a couple weeks back gave them an economic boost, so they may find it beneficial to bite that bullet in March (risking ticket sales) and conceding a spot/gambling on moving a player or players right now for the betterment of what they are really doing (rebuilding).

Skinner, Sutter and McBain are nice younger players, but let's be honest:

Erik Cole and people like Pitkanen (much maligned here) and a Joe Corvo probably aren't in their future plans anyway. Losing one of these players, especially Pitkanen (by getting a steady D Man in return), would be seen as a bonus, not a subtraction.

Pitkanen can be had for very little, in my opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Carolina eh?  Lucky dog. Whats the weather like.  If I dig out from one more storm I may snap.

I would love Cole and Pitkanen as additions.  Both capible.  Cole who is streaky always skates and works hard.  And Pitkanen is a smooth puck mover.  I would rather steal Gleason and Cole though

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Carolina eh?  Lucky dog. Whats the weather like.  If I dig out from one more storm I may snap. I would love Cole and Pitkanen as additions.  Both capible.  Cole who is streaky always skates and works hard.  And Pitkanen is a smooth puck mover.  I would rather steal Gleason and Cole though
    Posted by shuperman

They traded Jack Johnson for Gleason.  He'd carry quite a tag.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BB,

just a follow up though.  Carolina will go as far as Staal and Ward can take them.  They have a good back end. 
    I mean what if they add a scorer like Hemsky and then an anchor like Kaberle. 
    They have a fast team and are well coached.  They could be a force.  I mean look at the team that made a run a few yrs back.  And for them making the playoffs is money in the bank.  Playoffs good.  Non-playoffs bad.  Its all money to them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS,

I totally forgot that Carolina had JJ.  Yeah you are probably right.  I like him though.

Sections
Shortcuts