Hemsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Hemsky

In Response to Re: Hemsky:
    [QUOTE]dezaruchi. to your point, Sydney and Ovie do the dirty work. Probably two of the hardest working dirty work guys out there. BB is right (as usual) that they need a Leader. And Hemsky isn't it. They need a Messier, a Pronger, a St Louis, type guy.  
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    Like I said,if you have one of those types of players you aren't quick to give him up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

What about Nic Hagman? This guy can score and plays the game hard he might be a decent fit for the Bruins too. I think for people that are waitng for Chiarelli to make a huge splash and grab an a superstar player will be waiting along time, If Chia makes a deal it will be for a player like this IMO.

Scottie Upshall, David Clarkson and Patric Hornquist. players that are about 3mill or cheaper and would not be to expensive to obtain. Im not saying these players are available either just using them as an example. Who knows maybe Chiarelli will finally make a big splash?

I would take Hemsky on this team depends what the Bruins would have to give up and is it worth it. Aparently Tambellini offered Hemsky and Eberle for the #2 pick last year and Chiarelli declined. Tambellini wanted to show Burke how to build a team with a #1 & #2 pick @ the draft. Imagine Tyler and Taylor playing and learning together for years,  scary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hekmsy is one of the smoothest, most offensively talented (maybe too talented) players in the entire league.

He is also made of glass..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]Hekmsy is one of the smoothest, most offensively talented (maybe too talented) players in the entire league. He is also made of glass ..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

point considered

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

The only player I'd give up any significant amount of picks/prospects/players that would be potentially available is Parise.  But even that would be a risky trade deadline deal because of his injury.  I hope the B's go after him in the offseason but CHiarelli will probably be more willing to pay two Michael Ryders than one Parise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]The only player I'd give up any significant amount of picks/prospects/players that would be potentially available is Parise.  But even that would be a risky trade deadline deal because of his injury.  I hope the B's go after him in the offseason but CHiarelli will probably be more willing to pay two Michael Ryders than one Parise.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

he's coming off of major knee surgery... why would a cup contender as stacked as the bruins ever gamble like that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Torn Meniscus isn't as bad as a torn ACL or MCL, He's 26 years young, this year will be the first year since his rookie year that he won't score over 30 goals and because He's Zack F***** Parise Tongue out

It's gonna be tough though Lamoriello has RFA rights so he can match. Only hope is if Parise balks at offers from Lou and PC does have the picks to offer it's a small glimmer of hope but it's there to think about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

You're being sarcastic, Olsonic, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

SanDog and I, don't respond to each other often, but we are on the same page indeed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Hekmsy is one of the smoothest, most offensively talented (maybe too talented) players in the entire league. The patience, speed, puck-handling, and touch he has shown are at a Alexander Semin level (O.k., maybe not that high but pretty damned close)... This guy has been surrounded with horrid players throughout his career, and has developed some bad habits (i.e. holding on to the puck too long and opening himself up to injury and fatigue) This fact awaits anyone with enough time to actually watch him play. But then again, I really don't agree with bringing such raw offense into a defensive system. exhibit A: NJD and Kovalchuk. Hemsky is the anti-Claude Julien and we could probably do better without him.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Perfectly stated -- couldn't agree more on all points.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

For all the Americans on this board, TSN showed the conversation between the Oilers GM and PC, at the most recent draft, where Hemsky, Penner and some throw-ins were offered for the 2nd overall selection and the right to draft Taylor and Tyler (Sedin-style). The guy is definitely available for the right price.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]For all the Americans on this board, TSN showed the conversation between the Oilers GM and PC, at the most recent draft, where Hemsky, Penner and some throw-ins were offered for the 2nd overall selection and the right to draft Taylor and Tyler (Sedin-style). The guy is definitely available for the right price.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    It certainly gives an idea of what a lottery pick is worth.Some folks here have been willing to offer up the Leafs pick for alot less than Hemsky,Penner,etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Hemsky would be great but I doubt will be available. A guy I think could be, and doesn't have a huge contract, and could help the B's w/his skill, scoring touch and grit--is Matt Moulson.

The Isles would probably want that Tor. pick but would it be worth a Wheeler and/or Ryder + pick to get him? I'm thinking....maybe.