Henrik Lundqvist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Henrik Lundqvist

Wow, what a goaltender. How many times has a team lost a series four games to one and you can't find a bad thing to say about the goalie? it's a goalies job to stop the puck, but I cant help but think he played above and beyond. Without him that series would have been over in 4 and you would have seen some lop-sided scores.

Mucho respecto from Kelvana33.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Henrik Lundqvist

Henrik was pretty fantastic overall. His team was dominated for the most part yet he kept them in most of the games. Poor guy can't get himself to the Finals but he's certainly not to blame. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I think Henrik is suffering the Miller effect. But he's classier.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's a pretty crappy Rangers team.  Their forwards stink (for the most part), their defense stinks (did any of them do anything besides get hurt?), their coach stinks (stink stink stink).  Good thing they have a goalie like Lundqvist.  If not, they be a top lottery pick yearly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Totally agree.  I was shocked to read some sharp criticism of him here and there after the game yesterday.  "can't win the big series", "can't get near a Cup"...etc.

Wildly unfair if you watched those games.  He never had a chance.  GWG was a perfect example -- two abysmal turnovers by Hamrlik (las we'll see of him), terrible zone coverage, Henrik makes the save and then nobody picks up Campbell allowing him to pot the rebound.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's a pretty crappy Rangers team.  Their forwards stink (for the most part), their defense stinks (did any of them do anything besides get hurt?), their coach stinks (stink stink stink).  Good thing they have a goalie like Lundqvist.  If not, they be a top lottery pick yearly.

[/QUOT    Arguably the NHL's best....Bob Mckenzie feels Torts will get another shot because he had to deal with the shortened season and led the Rags to the 2nd round. His benching of Richards raised a few eyebrows Im sure..... he will be gone next year...    Nash certainly under performed . The Rangers couldn't handle the Bruins hitting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Lundquist was good and deserves credit for keeping the games close. 

That said, I was unimpressed with the "hot-dogging" on a few of those glove saves in the series.  When the puck is shot right into your glove, your hand doesn't need to go over your head.  A few "look at me" moments for him that he didn't need to do to validate his play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

That said, I was unimpressed with the "hot-dogging" on a few of those glove saves in the series.  When the puck is shot right into your glove, your hand doesn't need to go over your head.  A few "look at me" moments for him that he didn't need to do to validate his play.

Great point, Crowls.

He fooled a lot of people with those, including the crowd and the announcers...and me until I saw the replays.  Credit is due for being positioned properly.  No "quick glove hand" credit is earned when you don't have to move your glove.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

On Lucic yesterday for sure.  Shot it into his glove, right in tight to the body.  Then swings the  glove out like he's swating a fly.  Silly.  Grateful I didn't have to hear Emrick verbally ejaculate from the booth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Aw, I think just about every goalie does that, Crowls, though it does bug me when they do it repeatedly.  I think it's just a reflex - get the puck in the glove and get the glove out of harm's way so no one can tap it and get the puck out.

Which shoulder was Lundqvist supposed to have hurt?  Were the Bruins going high glove over and over and over because that was the book - he has a bum shoulder, we can beat him there?  The one Jagr shot just wide that the NBC announcers were gushing over (even though they acknowledged it was wide) - that was the one that made me think they needed to go away from that glove. 

Bruins got a lot of fourth line goals and screened shots from the point.  Lundqvist got better and better as the series went on, so I'm happy to see him gone.  Frankly...blaming him before Nash is silly, and we've already gone over that Nash can only do so much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The shot Jagr took the HL caught i said, haha it was wide anyways, lol then i watched that replay again and wow, it wasnt, great glove save. You cant take away his performance, hes a great goalie, can you imagine him on any other team ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

On Lucic yesterday for sure.  Shot it into his glove, right in tight to the body.  Then swings the  glove out like he's swating a fly.  Silly.  Grateful I didn't have to hear Emrick verbally ejaculate from the booth.

True enough. Would have been sweet to see a Patrick Roy moment, when he hot dogged it into his own net.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't understand why they didn't pull him earlier in a couple or 3 of those games.

In a playoff game why wait until the very last minute?

IMO they should have pulled him with 2 or maybe even 3 minutes left.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I don't understand why they didn't pull him earlier in a couple or 3 of those games.

In a playoff game why wait until the very last minute?

IMO they should have pulled him with 2 or maybe even 3 minutes left.

It's hard to pull a goalie when you're trapped in your own end.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Aw, I think just about every goalie does that, Crowls, though it does bug me when they do it repeatedly.  I think it's just a reflex - get the puck in the glove and get the glove out of harm's way so no one can tap it and get the puck out.

Which shoulder was Lundqvist supposed to have hurt?  Were the Bruins going high glove over and over and over because that was the book - he has a bum shoulder, we can beat him there?  The one Jagr shot just wide that the NBC announcers were gushing over (even though they acknowledged it was wide) - that was the one that made me think they needed to go away from that glove. 

Bruins got a lot of fourth line goals and screened shots from the point.  Lundqvist got better and better as the series went on, so I'm happy to see him gone.  Frankly...blaming him before Nash is silly, and we've already gone over that Nash can only do so much.

Hadn't noticed that in his game before.  May just be exacerbated by watching him in the 5-games in this series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

A tip of the hat to him for keeping the Bruins at bay for as long as he was able to in the series.  Territorially I think it was advantage B's. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Wow, what a goaltender. How many times has a team lost a series four games to one and you can't find a bad thing to say about the goalie? it's a goalies job to stop the puck, but I cant help but think he played above and beyond. Without him that series would have been over in 4 and you would have seen some lop-sided scores.

Mucho respecto from Kelvana33.

Yes and Rask outplayed him in this series!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If I'm Henrik, I'm having nightmares about Krug - I'd be asking myself how the hell a no name rookie beat me four times in five games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Next season when the Bruins play against the Rangers on Saturday we have to hear how the King owns us. Great goalies can be solved, the Bruins solved Le Great Roy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Tip of the cap, Henrik Lundqvist. You, sir, are one heck of a goalie. He's the only reason the B's didn't play the Caps.

Wag of the finger, every other Blueshirt. You guys stink.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I see what you did there NAS. Very clever with the use of the word stink..taking that right out of Jonny Torts book?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

All I can say is.......glad Henrik's not a Penguin. Man, he's quite the goalie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I will give you this, Henry Lundquist made the NYR defense look good.  The announcers were always quick to exclaim the attributes of his saves.  I was so sick of hearing the accolades I began a mocking discussion with my brother on how good of a goalie he was in the series.  Enough is enough, he did not win, the Rangers were so good in net they lost.  Moving onto the next big goalie Fluery or Vokoun, then it will be Letang and the great offense of Pittsburgh. When Rask makes a save though I hope Doc is announcing for at least he can identify an excellent save.  Kudos to Lundquist, his defense sucks.  He should win the Vezina Trophy.  I could care less about trophies unless it is the Cup    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Hey Crowls? Do me a favor? Get 6oz of solid rubber shot at you between 80 & 100 mph & catch it with your hand! See if it can stay in one place and see if your body stays stationary. Until then shut the fawk up! So it's OK for players to dangle & do toe drags to "show off", but when a goalie wants to hotdog a little it's not? Fawk YOU! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I will give you this, Henry Lundquist made the NYR defense look good.  The announcers were always quick to exclaim the attributes of his saves.  I was so sick of hearing the accolades I began a mocking discussion with my brother on how good of a goalie he was in the series.  Enough is enough, he did not win, the Rangers were so good in net they lost.  Moving onto the next big goalie Fluery or Vokoun, then it will be Letang and the great offense of Pittsburgh. When Rask makes a save though I hope Doc is announcing for at least he can identify an excellent save.  Kudos to Lundquist, his defense sucks.  He should win the Vezina Trophy.  I could care less about trophies unless it is the Cup    

Wow surprising! 

Sections
Shortcuts