Henrik Lundqvist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Henrik Lundqvist

. As toastarella himself said, everybody had to deal with a shortened season.  Not a reason they lost. They" re a mess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to islamorada's comment:

I will give you this, Henry Lundquist made the NYR defense look good.  The announcers were always quick to exclaim the attributes of his saves.  I was so sick of hearing the accolades I began a mocking discussion with my brother on how good of a goalie he was in the series.  Enough is enough, he did not win, the Rangers were so good in net they lost.  Moving onto the next big goalie Fluery or Vokoun, then it will be Letang and the great offense of Pittsburgh. When Rask makes a save though I hope Doc is announcing for at least he can identify an excellent save.  Kudos to Lundquist, his defense sucks.  He should win the Vezina Trophy.  I could care less about trophies unless it is the Cup    

Wow surprising! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last night after every save I wanted to say something , kept it in until it was official.  If it weren't for him NAS's prediction would have come through (true). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Needs to shake the playoff blues.

30 wins - 37 losses

Got to Conf finals once and got toasted by the Devils in 6 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Lundquist was good and deserves credit for keeping the games close. 

That said, I was unimpressed with the "hot-dogging" on a few of those glove saves in the series.  When the puck is shot right into your glove, your hand doesn't need to go over your head.  A few "look at me" moments for him that he didn't need to do to validate his play.

Goalies will shape it up once in a while to give the team a boost. Big saves tend to motivate the other players. Doesn't necessarily have to be a huge save, we just try to make it look like a huge save. And yes, once in a while we will pull a Roy... Embarassed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He wasn't hot dogging. It's reactionary, the puck hits your glove causing your arm to move so you  are taught to bring it up while squeezing the glove to ensure it doesnt come out.

Yes Roy over did on a couple of occasions, but that has nothing to do with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

But Roy wouldn't do it all in 1 motion. He'd let the puck go into his glove then do the whole statue of liberty thing. Which is why it was so funny when he got burned. That was hotdogging at it's finest and he looked stupid in the process. And Kel ur explanation is perfect. I don't know if u remember the 97 play-offs btwn ott and buff. Game 7 in o.t Ron Tuggnutt had a Derek Plante shot go thru his glove because he was just trying to hold onto it instead of swinging his arm to help corral it. Series over Sens were history.  Tuggnutt admitted he shouldn't have tried to just catch it. By doing so he wasn't able to withstand the momentum of the shot. You would think so called knowledgable people would be able to see the difference. Lunqvist worries about stopping the puck . With the amount of quality scoring chances his team gives up. I don't think he has much time for show boating.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Lundquist was good and deserves credit for keeping the games close. 

That said, I was unimpressed with the "hot-dogging" on a few of those glove saves in the series.  When the puck is shot right into your glove, your hand doesn't need to go over your head.  A few "look at me" moments for him that he didn't need to do to validate his play.

Hey Crowls? Do me a favor? Get 6oz of solid rubber shot at you between 80 & 100 mph & catch it with your hand! See if it can stay in one place and see if your body stays stationary. Until then shut the fawk up! So it's OK for players to dangle & do toe drags to "show off", but when a goalie wants to hotdog a little it's not? Fawk YOU

Classy response nite,  typical of your utter lack of self control. 

Sounds like are well-versed in the art of hot-doggin', eh?  Put down the mustard and just stop the puck.  Nobody except the cursory fan or a fellow member of the goalie union are buying the theatrics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Most were blaming him for the Game 1 loss, so I don't give him the credit that others do.  He was good overall, I'd give him a B to a B+.  Certainly not an A.

Watching the games though, I never said to myself "Wow, we're never going to beat this guy".  I always felt the B's could score on him...but maybe that had something to do with the lousy team in front of him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Lundqvist is good but he looks like a tool wearing that hat...what exactly is he the king of??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hey Crowls? Do me a favor? Get 6oz of solid rubber shot at you between 80 & 100 mph & catch it with your hand! See if it can stay in one place and see if your body stays stationary. Until then shut the fawk up! So it's OK for players to dangle & do toe drags to "show off", but when a goalie wants to hotdog a little it's not? Fawk YOU! 

I don't see too many forward doing dangles adn toe drags after the play is over to show off.

Silly goalie.  Showboat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Sounds like are well-versed in the art of hot-doggin', eh?  Put down the mustard and just stop the puck.  Nobody except the cursory fan or a fellow member of the goalie union are buying the theatrics.

[/QUOTE/

Did I hurt your wittle feeling? Yes I did hot dog, but sometimes the motion is necessary. You never showed off Crowls? Gerry Cheevers didn't show boat? Thomas? Moog? Rask? They never ham it up? You're a total fawkin idiot if you say no. How many people would want to be a goalie if all they could do is stand there & not have fun in the process? Btw- I don't need to stay classy to you, because I don't respect you or your opinion. I find your lack of respect of what Lundqvist did unclassy & your opinion unintelligent! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I realize Im on Double-Secret Probation Lifetime Suspension from commenting on the B's, but as one of the few people around here that actually played goal someplace, I can't not comment on this goaltending discussion any longer. (no that doesn't mean my opinion means any more than anyone else's)

- Yes, goaltenders occasionally hotdog a save up, often to get their teams and their fans going. Most goaiies know the difference between the occasional extra bit of mustard for motivational purposes and doing it too much. Goalies that Patrick Roy or Doug Favell it out there lose credibility very quickly.

It's really not much different than some things other players do to get people/teammates into it (Lucic waving his arms to the crowd/bench after beating up Komaserek?) Not exactly the same, but you get the idea. Yes Ive done it, most goalies will admit doing it at some point in every playing level of the game.

And, no, no, no I would not defend a goalie for hotdogging just because he's a goalie. I hate that Statue of Liberty stuff.

- However, my personal opinion is this- when I saw Lundqvist at real time/real speed make that save on Lucic, as a goalie I was impressed by his LACK of hotdogging it. He could have posed for a sec after the save but didnt even do that. That save was amazingly quick and smooth and fluid, moving the glove rather than waiting and the full circular motion was clearly due to the momentum of his arm and the momentum/weight/trajectory of the puck. He never stopped his motion, which is usually the sign that a save is "acted up."

I went back to NHL.com and looked at it again before I made this post, and I still feel this way. At full speed I'm amazed at the control and lack of unnecessary motion he handles that save with.  The camera angle in slow motion from behind the net makes it look like he poses a bit, but he does not in real speed. He brings it to a full circle in a continuous motion and holds it in front of him, not in the air in a pose.

Again, my opinion is not worth any more than anyone else's but on that single save, as a goalie that's played a lot, I'm going to say again that I was impressed by the lack of unnecessary posing done on it.

OK, resume flaming me but that's 1 more goalie's view.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[/QUOTE/

Did I hurt your wittle feeling? Yes I did hot dog, but sometimes the motion is necessary. You never showed off Crowls? Gerry Cheevers didn't show boat? Thomas? Moog? Rask? They never ham it up? You're a total fawkin idiot if you say no. How many people would want to be a goalie if all they could do is stand there & not have fun in the process? Btw- I don't need to stay classy to you, because I don't respect you or your opinion. I find your lack of respect of what Lundqvist did unclassy & your opinion unintelligent! 

This is what I posted.

Lundquist was good and deserves credit for keeping the games close.

That said, I was unimpressed with the "hot-dogging" on a few of those glove saves in the series.  When the puck is shot right into your glove, your hand doesn't need to go over your head.  A few "look at me" moments for him that he didn't need to do to validate his play.

That egregious post earned me a “shut the F-up”, as well as an “F-You” for the closing from you.

Time get to get back on meds, nite?  Or perhaps seek some new professional help?  Are you capable of posting something without finding a new and clever way to type up an F-bomb? 

I find it hard to believe, nearly impossible to believe that you were/are any good as a goalie as you have absolutely zero composure.  Tell anyone to put a chop on your hand early and then watch you spaz out for the rest of the game.  How embarrassing for you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Again, my opinion is not worth any more than anyone else's but on that single save, as a goalie that's played a lot, I'm going to say again that I was impressed by the lack of unnecessary posing done on it.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's worth a boatload less.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Henrik is a great goalie, and the Bruins won in 5...that should tell anyone that the B's are not letting anyone get in their way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

This is what I posted.

That said, I was unimpressed with the "hot-dogging" on a few of those glove saves in the series.  When the puck is shot right into your glove, your hand doesn't need to go over your head.  A few "look at me" moments for him that he didn't need to do to validate his play.

That egregious post earned me a “shut the F-up”, as well as an “F-You” for the closing from you.

Time get to get back on meds, nite?  Or perhaps seek some new professional help?  Are you capable of posting something without finding a new and clever way to type up an F-bomb? 

I find it hard to believe, nearly impossible to believe that you were/are any good as a goalie as you have absolutely zero composure.  Tell anyone to put a chop on your hand early and then watch you spaz out for the rest of the game.  How embarrassing for you.

That's just it. He didn't hotdog Crowls hence the reason you STILL don't know what the fawk your talking about! I don't keep my composer for imbecile's; I try to bring myself down to their level in the hope that they can see how stupid they look, or sound. The smart imbecile's usually will catch on & shut the fawk up, or stop! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I realize Im on Double-Secret Probation Lifetime Suspension from commenting on the B's, but as one of the few people around here that actually played goal someplace, I can't not comment on this goaltending discussion any longer. (no that doesn't mean my opinion means any more than anyone else's)

- Yes, goaltenders occasionally hotdog a save up, often to get their teams and their fans going. Most goaiies know the difference between the occasional extra bit of mustard for motivational purposes and doing it too much. Goalies that Patrick Roy or Doug Favell it out there lose credibility very quickly.

It's really not much different than some things other players do to get people/teammates into it (Lucic waving his arms to the crowd/bench after beating up Komaserek?) Not exactly the same, but you get the idea. Yes Ive done it, most goalies will admit doing it at some point in every playing level of the game.

And, no, no, no I would not defend a goalie for hotdogging just because he's a goalie. I hate that Statue of Liberty stuff.

- However, my personal opinion is this- when I saw Lundqvist at real time/real speed make that save on Lucic, as a goalie I was impressed by his LACK of hotdogging it. He could have posed for a sec after the save but didnt even do that. That save was amazingly quick and smooth and fluid, moving the glove rather than waiting and the full circular motion was clearly due to the momentum of his arm and the momentum/weight/trajectory of the puck. He never stopped his motion, which is usually the sign that a save is "acted up."

I went back to NHL.com and looked at it again before I made this post, and I still feel this way. At full speed I'm amazed at the control and lack of unnecessary motion he handles that save with.  The camera angle in slow motion from behind the net makes it look like he poses a bit, but he does not in real speed. He brings it to a full circle in a continuous motion and holds it in front of him, not in the air in a pose.

You opinion means a lot more than someone who doesn't have a clue about the position, or  what the difference of what show boating is. And really.....for someone to complain about anyone doing so is a little hypocritical don't think? Anyone who played ANY organized sport tried to hotdog at it. It's also very petty! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[/QUOTE/

This is what I posted.

That's just it. He didn't hotdog Crowls hence the reason you STILL don't know what the fawk your talking about! I don't keep my composer for imbecile's; I try to bring myself down to their level in the hope that they can see how stupid they look, or sound. The smart imbecile's usually will catch on & shut the fawk up, or stop! 

So that's what you're doing?  Bringing it down to my level?  How gracious of you.  How you keep this back-and-forth going, embarrassing yourself is beyond me?   The internet tough-guy persona is usually pretty fun to watch, or in this case, be on the receiving end of.  So, happy to keep this going to allow you even more space to make a fool of yourself.  

Couple of follow-up questions for you?  How long have you been sleeping with Henrik?  Does he know about it? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE/

This is what I posted.

So that's what you're doing?  Bringing it down to my level?  How gracious of you.  How you keep this back-and-forth going, embarrassing yourself is beyond me?   The internet tough-guy persona is usually pretty fun to watch, or in this case, be on the receiving end of.  So, happy to keep this going to allow you even more space to make a fool of yourself.  

Couple of follow-up questions for you?  How long have you been sleeping with Henrik?  Does he know about it? 

[/QUOTE]

Since I stopped sleeping with your old lady? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[/QUOTE/

This is what I posted.

Since I stopped sleeping with your old lady? 

[/QUOTE]

Bravo dancing monkey!  You were finally able to post something without your clever little f-bomb!  Baby is all grown up now...big-boy pants and everything!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Nice post Sox, and welcome back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Lundqvist is good but he looks like a tool wearing that hat...what exactly is he the king of??

I agree, I hate it.  Does he play for the Rangers or the King 30s?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

The fun part of this subject is not just the hotdogging issue but the real nuts and bolts of whether Mr. Sather is going to blow a gasket regarding what to do with the team he may have destoyed. Ranger brass as well as their delusional pompous fans think every great player in the league wants to play in NY a la Gretzky, Messier, Etc. Hence a laughable 9 Yr 60 Mil contract to Richards that may require a buyout (I love when that happens). Ranger fans thinking they hit the jackpot again are hammering Nash left and right. Queen Henrique's contract runs out in 2014 and McDonagh this year -- just in time for the cap decreasing by 5.9 Mil. Stepan and Hagelin are RFA's so the Avs O'Reilly deal may have raised the bar too high for the Rangers to handle. Nice work Glen -- I knew all this wheeling and dealing would eventually come back to bite you. And as for the coaching staff -- although Torts' shelf life with his players is about to expire -- Sather will probably keep him. If so -- look for Sullivan to be the sacrificial lamb until hopefully Torts bombs out again next year. 

Sections
Shortcuts