HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?

As per Murphy something going to happen within the hour.
    And supposedly not Kaberle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT!!!

B's having press conference at 11:15 PM EST.  Comcast Sportsnet to carry live.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm on DirecTV with Center Ice package... any idea what channel I can get this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Press Conference at 11:15 per  CSNNE. Must be with Toronto

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Kaberle for Boychuk. If they give up Kampfer i'd be pretty upset.

I'm really hoping Bruins made a trade with the Avs for Hejduk and Michael Liles

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT!!! Chris Kelly?

Minor deal for 2nd rounder. Chris Kelly.

3rd or 4th liner .  Paille is gone.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i doubt they would call a pres conferance for a minor trade

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chris Kelly's stats:

Recent Career
     YearTeamGPGAPts+/-PIMHitsBkSPPGPPASHGSHAGWSOGPct 
     2008-09OTT82121123-1038N/AN/A00121118.102 
     2009-10OTT81151732-738654400003112.134 
     2010-11OTT56121123-112748340012289.135 
     Career Totals (Full)462751011762224911378235159690.109

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

TSN just posted on website..much a do about nothing..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

I am sure I'll get slaughtered, but
    if I were a wheeling and dealing GM I'd take Kaberle and Kessel and next years Tor pick for this years Tor #1, Bos #1 and Stuart/Hamill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?

He's just okay.  He does have more goals than Wheeler .
    Another rugged center that'll remind you of Campbell. Not really what the Bruins need.
    No,  he's not our savior but this will shake things up in that dressing room.
    Another forward has to go.  This spells the end of Paille,  that's for sure.

I also think Hamill will be packaged in another deal. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT!!!:
    I am sure I'll get slaughtered, but if I were a wheeling and dealing GM I'd take Kaberle and Kessel and next years Tor pick for this years Tor #1, Bos #1 and Stuart/Hamill.
    Posted by SteveM

If they did that they'd have to fire CJ immediately - he & Kessel couldn't coexist!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kessel back to Boston is actually what we need.  Only if we could erase all our memories and make it happen. 

I wont slaughter you b/c I actually thought the same thing tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

A late night press conference to announce the acquisition of Chris Kelly ??? Huh??????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Kessel back to the bruins could only work if you convince the coach and management that if there is a team workout, Kessel has the option if he wants to attend or not (or did you forget).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?:
    Chris Kelly!!!!  Just what the B's needed!!!  One more Paille just in case the one we have gets suspended again...I'm starting to think Mgmt. likes the idea of mediocrity.   At least the season will be over before the month of May begins!!
    Posted by lucfan

He's a carbon copy of Gregory Campbell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

You know, Rome wasn't built in a day... I can see what PC is probably going after here with this addition.. Its no secret that one of this team's faults is a lack of speed in their game..their transition game this year has been very sporadic... Kelly adds that speed element  to the team.. provides some depth at centre and PK.. He does play some major minutes in Ottawa , so I am thinking Bruins next move is moving out a roster player or two.. Definitely more to come...But you have to start somewhere...

Just got reading Murray's take on this trade and found this quote as  a good insight into the player..

""I just traded one of the good guys and most respected players on this hockey team," Murray told reporters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Actually he is a hybrid of Campbell and Paille. Its a Lateral trade at best. Improves our overall speed. 

This means unless Wheeler, Ryder or Paille goes, Seguin will be benched as the extra forward or even sent back to the minors.

I hope that there is one or two more moves which at least involves getting us a proper PP QB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"so I am thinking Bruins next move is moving out a roster player or two.. Definitely more to come...But you have to start somewhere..."

Exactly what I'm thinking to make money work for more help yep...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

People We needed a 3rd line Center. Kelly gives us just that. Peple need to settle down abit around here. Yes the 1st trade the Bs made wasnt what everyone wanted. At least they fixed 1 hole out of 3. Be patient. More will come.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

Its not too hard to upgrade from Wheeler.

I think this is a good trade. I mean they got him for little to nothing. Is he a superstar? No, he's not Iginla, Parise, Richards. Like it was mentioned in this thread, obviously things aren't clicking with this team and shaking things up, even in a minor way, might be the solution.

I also think its a huge over reaction. Sure there is a good chance PC doesn't make a HUGE deal like expected, but if that is what he is going for/waiting on he's going to have to make some smaller moves first to make room. Especially if a potential trade is one where he needs to wait it out from the team on the other end. Its better to put things in motion now, rather than close to deadline.

Although a press conference was a bit much. A press release could have sufficed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?:
    In Response to Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly? : He's a carbon copy of Gregory Campbell
    Posted by BsLegion

If he is a carbon copy of Campbell, then consider me pleased, the numbers are underwhelming but we could sorely use another strong faceoff man, and pushing our bottom 6 forwards could be very helpful.  I agree with many others here who believe this is a precursor to more deals.  If that is the case and this allows us to save more of our future assets by dealing a current roster player like Wheeler, then consider this a very good deal.  I would much rather keep our future blue chip assets if possible and prefer to trade picks other then Totronto's one and prospects not named Seguin or Kampfer.  This will not be the end of it.  If we do Wheeler and our first for Kaberle, now you have improved the team for this year's cup run without giveing up a blue chipper.  I am perfectly fine with that as much as I would rather we keep Wheeler, I understand we must give to get.

Sections
Shortcuts