HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?

I just read hfboards.com and it seems that a lot of senators fans are disgusted with this trade and one even remarked that he was "their best kept secret"  maybe this was a better trade for boston then I thought

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

As a replacement for Wheeler, works for me... he is a useless pantywaist... see very few games here, but caught last nite's.... Wheeler was a non factor. if there were obstructions in his way, he can't get there from here.... great shinny player, though, I'm sure....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This is a very good trade.  It addreses the most pressing need.  Since Savard went down our third line has been very week at center.  The Bruins have lacked the control of games that they have had most of the year.  This will make the third line solid, and give us depth in case of injury.  Also, back when the Sens were good Kelly spent a lot of time with Heatley and Alfredson when Spezza went down with injury.  The line was so good that they didn't put Spezza back with them for a long time.  Kelly is very solid defensivly and allowed his wings to attack.  He does the little things.  I can see a similar relationship with Ryder and Wheeler here, on a smaller scale.  With the hole plugged, PC can look to upgrade the team with a D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

There has to be another move. If not, this is typical Bruins embarrassment and another bag job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?:
    [QUOTE]Its not too hard to upgrade from Wheeler. I think this is a good trade. I mean they got him for little to nothing. Is he a superstar? No, he's not Iginla, Parise, Richards. Like it was mentioned in this thread, obviously things aren't clicking with this team and shaking things up, even in a minor way, might be the solution. I also think its a huge over reaction. Sure there is a good chance PC doesn't make a HUGE deal like expected, but if that is what he is going for/waiting on he's going to have to make some smaller moves first to make room. Especially if a potential trade is one where he needs to wait it out from the team on the other end. Its better to put things in motion now, rather than close to deadline. Although a press conference was a bit much. A press release could have sufficed.
    Posted by Five4Fighting[/QUOTE]

But what if PC doesn't make that huge impact move? (i.e. Richards, Iginla, or similar)? Even if Kaberle is the next (and final) "big" acquisition, are you really confident that additions of Kelly and Kaberle will mean anything more than a 2nd round dismissal rather than a first?

PC NEEDS to make an enormous splash before 2/28 or his honeymoon is officially over. If you think I'm overreacting, save this post after that 2nd round KO and we'll talk. If I'm wrong and they advance to the Conference Finals or better by just adding Kelly and Kaberle then shame on me. But I doubt I'm wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This is a very good team with a very good record.  It might be successful or might not but that was deteremined over the last few years while the team was being built.  If it isn't good now, then a big trade isn't going to change anything.  Any player picked up at the deadline isn't going to mean the difference between a cup and a first round exit.  Players like Kelly and another D might make the team a little better though, and hopefully good enough to beat the Flyers, Wings or Canucks.  They've already shown they can play with the best in the east.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To be honest, I think Kelly and a defenceman like Kaberle, or someone else like him, is about all that is going to happen. PC is not known for involving himself with  trade deadline blockbusters. He is certainly not one to bet the farm for a big aquisition rental.

Does this mean a deep playoff run? Not likely but you never know. This is the year as the usual elite teams in the East, aside from the Flyers, are all sputtering.

Do not expect miracles from PC is all I am saying.

In Response to Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE COMES AN ANNOUCEMENT! Chris Kelly? : But what if PC doesn't make that huge impact move? (i.e. Richards, Iginla, or similar)? Even if Kaberle is the next (and final) "big" acquisition, are you really confident that additions of Kelly and Kaberle will mean anything more than a 2nd round dismissal rather than a first? PC NEEDS to make an enormous splash before 2/28 or his honeymoon is officially over. If you think I'm overreacting, save this post after that 2nd round KO and we'll talk. If I'm wrong and they advance to the Conference Finals or better by just adding Kelly and Kaberle then shame on me. But I doubt I'm wrong.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts