Here We Go: Iginla Starting to Explore "Other Options"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Here We Go: Iginla Starting to Explore "Other Options"

As per Sportsnet:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bruins-cap-issues-force-iginla-to-explore-options/

Well at least the team still has Kelly and Eriksson.....thank god.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Here We Go: Iginla Starting to Explore

"Meehan is simply protecting his client."

Indeed. Not concerned. PC won't overpay, and if he doesn't sign Iginla, there will be opportunities for other deals. It is what it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Sure, there will be opportunities for other deals, but at what cost? It will take dealing prospects and roster players to fill in Iginlas position and 30 goals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

As per Sportsnet:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bruins-cap-issues-force-iginla-to-explore-options/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bruins-cap-issues-force-iginla-to-explore-options/

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising.  Hes not gonna play for the league minimum.  I think he comes back.  PC needs to be creative. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's a fool if he doesn't.  The last thing he wants to do is end up like Voukon.  If you don't recall, he waited too long to do his legwork and ended up at about 20% of what he was worth at the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

At this point I think it may come down to term over actual salary. If, say Detroit, offers him a 3 year deal at $5mill or so I think he is gone...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]

As per Sportsnet:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bruins-cap-issues-force-iginla-to-explore-options/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bruins-cap-issues-force-iginla-to-explore-options/

[/QUOTE]

Who would you rather have?  Loui at 28 with 2 years remaining on his deal worth $4.25.  Or Jerome at 36 for 2 years @ $4.25 per?  Send Loui packing for picks & prospects.  Fill the third line RW with cheap UFA or one of the prospects.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who would you rather have?  Loui at 28 with 2 years remaining on his deal worth $4.25.  Or Jerome at 36 for 2 years @ $4.25 per?  Send Loui packing for picks & prospects.  Fill the third line RW with cheap UFA or one of the prospects.  

[/QUOTE]

Iginla, no question in my mind. Eriksson is shaping up to be one of the leagues most expensive third liners.

Problem is he has an NTC so it is really up to him if he wants to be moved or not...not a good place to start for PC.

Ugh....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]

Iginla, no question in my mind. Eriksson is shaping up to be one of the leagues most expensive third liners.

Problem is he has an NTC so it is really up to him if he wants to be moved or not...not a good place to start for PC.

Ugh....

[/QUOTE]

Something tells me Loui wouldn't care if he was moved out of Boston.  Purely speculation on my part.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Something tells me Loui wouldn't care if he was moved out of Boston.  Purely speculation on my part.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps.....but maybe he would rather play on a contender than an EDM or FLA. This does tie PC's hands a bit unfortunately.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They call that "Sell low".  Bad idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha! At this point I am sure PC can pull off a Sturm-like deal....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We all know that they would be selling low.  But you didn't answer the question.  Would you rather have Jerome or Loui for the next 2 years?  Who gives the Bruins a better chance at winning the cup?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We all know that they would be selling low.  But you didn't answer the question.  Would you rather have Jerome or Loui for the next 2 years?  Who gives the Bruins a better chance at winning the cup?

[/QUOTE]

The Bruins paid Iginla over 6M, last year. What makes you think they could sign him for 4.25M? If Iginla would agree to that, Kelly would be gone already, and Jerome would be signed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Compliance buy out Kelly.  Do it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The Bruins paid Iginla over 6M, last year. What makes you think they could sign him for 4.25M? If Iginla would agree to that, Kelly would be gone already, and Jerome would be signed.

[/QUOTE]

I think he would take $4.25 because it is for 2 years and it is guaranteed money, not based on bonuses, even though most of them were easy to obtain.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From what I have read & heard, they can not buy out Kelly because of his injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

From what I have read & heard, they can not buy out Kelly because of his injury.

[/QUOTE]

True. He is still on IR and can't be bought out until he is cleared to play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Loui or Iginla?

I'd rather have Iginla (and yes, even at his older age)--he's a better fit in the Bruins system and more a pure scorer.   If he walks, the B's will still be in good shape but will probably need a scoring threat at the trade deadline once again.  

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Iginla is obviously more proven with the 1 year sample size....but these comments about Eriksson are mad ramblings by fans who didn't watch a minute of Stars hockey in previous years. Loui is an incredible player, who had a really bad injury-plagued season. Reserve judgment, y'all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Iginla is obviously more proven with the 1 year sample size....but these comments about Eriksson are mad ramblings by fans who didn't watch a minute of Stars hockey in previous years. Loui is an incredible player, who had a really bad injury-plagued season. Reserve judgment, y'all.

To be fair, he has been on a statistical decline since a very excellent 2011-12 season. Concussions aside, last season was relatively on par ppg wise with the previous season. Dallas gave him up meaning he was not that "incredible" to trade for a problem child.

I do not hate the guy at all but I also don't see him as a top six player on a contending team...though he is getting paid like one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]

"Meehan is simply protecting his client."

Indeed. Not concerned. PC won't overpay, and if he doesn't sign Iginla, there will be opportunities for other deals. It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

Let me fix that for you...

"His client is simply protecting Meehan"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Kelly is tradable. A mid round draft pick to a team like the Islanders, could be done. If not, then do a Seguin/Peverley type trade.

It's not ideal, but I am just pointing out, that there are available options.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have seen the Stars play quite a bit and the biggest difference is that Loui never left the ice for Dallas.  The guy would play upwards of 20 minutes per game as well as receive top billing powerplay time.  Now he is on a team where he has to prove himself again and where he has to spread the wealth in terms of playing minutes.  He is under 17 minutes per game and not on the first pp. unit.  On Dallas, there weren't as many wingers to compete with that were legit (thus they struggled to be a playoff team).   This is not the case on the B's and I personally think that CJ sees Loui as the 5th best winger overall (behind Lucic, Iginla, Marchand, and Smith) and the 4th best offensively (same list but ahead of Marchand).   I will give Loui a mulligan but he has yet to adapt to being on a better team and he may have to prove his worth while playing significantly less minutes.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your correct . I knew nothing about Loui until this season. Not his fault but he is on the hot seat though due to being traded for the kid.  I don't think the fans booed him or disrespected him this season especially knowing he had the concussions. I think the fans would have really gotten on him but Smith saved the day and had a good season and saved him and Chia. I think Chia got lucky with Smith though. But watching him play this season was frustrating and it did make me wonder what the B's saw in him..  Either way he will be playing here this season because there's no way they'll trade him after such a poor season. Hopefully your right and he's better than he's shown so far but the better the kid does the more critical some fans will be on Loui.. For now just be happy Marco's gone...

Sections
Shortcuts