Here you are Tuuka, rest is up to you.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Here you are Tuuka, rest is up to you.

Back to back games with tonight a road game in Montreal. Tuuka performs well tonight and pulls out a win my guess is he;ll earn himself a start Sunday in Minnesota. By no means am i blaming TT for last nights loss, but he hasn't been as sharp of late, this could be a good oppurtunity for Tuuka to take some games and run with them. Who knows, perhaps the pendulam starts to swing his way a bit. I think he's a bona fide #1 and I think tonights start has a lot of meaning for him. See how it goes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Here you are Tuuka, rest is up to you.

You think? Maybe. The defence has been pretty lousy lately, so I'd sooner think CJ looks at the situation as a team problem. I'm not sure Thomas has done anything to lose his job come playoff time, even if Tuukka stands on his head for a couple weeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with you Kel. Tuuka has been left out too often in my book. Once again Chowda will tell me Claude is the coach, not me. Ok, and Claude has certainly proven his value, except there are times, when some refreshing perspective just might stir the pot. We do know that Claude can be stubborn and fixated, but after watching Torts create a solid defense for the Bruins offense, a little flexibility might just help. The frequency of goals bouncing in off of Bruins defensemen indicates that other teams have identifies a Bruins weakness in their "stack them up the middle" structure. It started last year, and while limited by some changes , seems to be creeping back in, particularly with Timmy's athletic movements leaving space open.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Tuukka should get both starts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Here you are Tuuka, rest is up to you.:
    The frequency of goals bouncing in off of Bruins defensemen indicates that other teams have identifies a Bruins weakness in their "stack them up the middle" structure. It started last year, and while limited by some changes , seems to be creeping back in, particularly with Timmy's athletic movements leaving space open.
    Posted by bogie6

Not sure "cause traffic in front of the net" is much of a strategy specifically designed for the Bruins. It's what everyone wants to do. I just don't feel that the Bs have done a good job at establishing their net position, and the forwards are beating them to the spots. Twice last night the Rangers' forwards got in front of Timmy well before Boychuck tried to box them out. By that time, it was too late and the puck made it there.

I don't disagree that maybe a change in net for a few games is a good idea....but the ultimate goal on this road trip has to be focused on circling the wagons defensively, much like the Rangers are able to do seemingly every night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

While I agree that it's up to Tuuka to play well, what if he doesn't? He needs to step up to the plate, and he's not exactly done well his last few starts. Not saying TT is over-whelmingly better, but if you give TT some offense, he can win. Tuuka, it's not as easy. He needs to come up with a 1-goal allowed effort. I hope he can.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Time to ride the hot hand.  Frankly both goalies have been pretty "normal" throughout the slump.  Not bad, but not great.  A few soft goals here and there but tough to blame any losses on either goalie.  I think at this point if Tuukka gets in there and shuts them out he earns the next game.  If he continues to win, I don't see Julien messing with our first "win streak" in over a month.

So yes, I would say this is a good opportunity for Tuukka to show that he can be the #1 -- although for this year TT is going to be our starter going into the playoffs unless he really stinks it up over the home stretch.  Neither goalie is going to play all the games no matter what, so it's not like there won't be more opportunities to shine regardless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If you watched closely to TT last night against the rangers, something is off something is wrong. Reminds me ofthe season before his hip surgery. Slow to get up, yes he made some dazzling saves but something is irritating him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

hot hand?  tuukka was yanked in his last game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it is as close as Tuukka has come to having a chance to seize more playing time in the past two years.  If he runs with it, he will be rewarded, I think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If you watched closely to TT last night against the rangers, something is off something is wrong. Reminds me ofthe season before his hip surgery. Slow to get up, yes he made some dazzling saves but something is irritating him.
    Posted by wallydouglas

Overthinking on your part. Essensa knows the signs now. I think if TT had an issue the B's wouldn't allow TT to sit on it. He's in a slump like the rest of the team. If anybody is hurting it's Chara. Seids has turned into a deflection king for the opposition, Boychuk is playing like a minor leaguer & Corvo....."BRING BACK KABERLE!" That's how bad this guy is! DK is MIA, Seguin is missing wide open nets!
    Kelly is on vacation some where & Pouliots work ethic is rubbing off on Peverly! The Rangers look like how the B's did last year! They got beat at their own game. Ever since they started winning games 9-0 & 8-1 they think they have this offensive jaggurnaught & they're not even close to having that kind of hockey team! They don't have the firepower! This team is built on system where they forecheck you to death & close the gaps in their own end. And they need BOTH goalies to play like they're #1's. Right now both of them are playing like backups! They're out of sync, they're slow to react & TT has lost his anticipation game. Tuukka's concentration is at a strip bar somewhere! It's not on hockey! It's called a slump. Some teams have it more than once. The B's weren't playihg good hockey before this trip last year. This is where they became a championship team. It starts tonite!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Time to ride the hot hand.  Frankly both goalies have been pretty "normal" throughout the slump.  Not bad, but not great.  A few soft goals here and there but tough to blame any losses on either goalie.  I think at this point if Tuukka gets in there and shuts them out he earns the next game.  If he continues to win, I don't see Julien messing with our first "win streak" in over a month. Posted by Chappy28

Well said and at some Julien will pick one goalie so if Tuukka wants to be a starter in the NHL for the Bruins he needs to start to take it.

Two Us Two Ks = ....we'll see...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

Tuuka will never be TT....He has good numbers but never wins big games..I say lets make a major move with Columbus Tuuka + Pouliot + Caron + our 1 draft choice for Nash ...Khudobin could be as good as Tuuka ..I've said it before

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Damn, Tuukka can't even get a road start on the back end of a back to back?

Weird

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Rask are you going to Columbus? This is so strange the kid isn't in there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rask are you going to Columbus? This is so strange the kid isn't in there. Posted by nitemare-38

Wiesenheimer LoL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

LOL _l_ yours!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LOL _l_ yours!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Much easier to just reply directly

You're funny...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Well TT was very, very ordinary again, but came up big in the SO.  However, there was no reason to bench Tuukka again unless CJ is now committing to trying to help Thomas find his game again before the playoffs start.
    OK, we get it.

Rask not playing in a back-to-back game after that NYR loss means it's back to being rusted away on the bench again.   We've seen this movie before.  Rask plays every 10 days and everyone wonders why he looks rusty all the time.

It is time for PC to have some stones and trade Rask while his value still seems high. All the other teams can see he's getting jerked around a bit and are not going to be making any better offers for very long.

Pick up a talented forward that they desperately need and let the kid get on with his career.  they cannot afford to pay 2 #1 goalies next year anyway. Cash in.  Right now he's looking like Gilles Gilbert in Minnesota.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well TT was very, very ordinary again, but came up big in the SO.  However, there was no reason to bench Tuukka again unless CJ is now committing to trying to help Thomas find his game again before the playoffs start. OK, we get it. Rask not playing in a back-to-back game after that NYR loss means it's back to being rusted away on the bench again.   We've seen this movie before.  Rask plays every 10 days and everyone wonders why he looks rusty all the time. It is time for PC to have some stones and trade Rask while his value still seems high. All the other teams can see he's getting jerked around a bit and are not going to be making any better offers for very long. Pick up a talented forward that they desperately need and let the kid get on with his career.  they cannot afford to pay 2 #1 goalies next year anyway. Cash in.  Right now he's looking like Gilles Gilbert in Minnesota.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Unless CJ plans on sitting TT for the next 5. I'm beginning to think PC is pushing hard for a deal, or 2 & Rask is going! Makes ZERO sense to sit the kid last nite unless something is up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Here you are Tuuka, rest is up to you. : Unless CJ plans on sitting TT for the next 5. I'm beginning to think PC is pushing hard for a deal, or 2 & Rask is going! Makes ZERO sense to sit the kid last nite unless something is up.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I think CJ just wanted TT to get another chance to win before sitting a game. I'm not reading too much into it. I'll start to suspect something if Rask doesn't start on Friday or Sunday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sudburynorth. Show Sudburynorth's posts

Tukka will get his share of games coming up. Boston has the best goalie tandem in the league

Sections
Shortcuts