Here's hoping the Habs trade for Rene is too little, too late!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Here's hoping the Habs trade for Rene is too little, too late!

I think the Habs upgraded by this move by getting bigger without lose speed or scoring touch. I just hope they lose consistently enough to not sneak into the playoffs. They are always dangerous, especially to the B's! I can't believe with the difference in talent between Boston and Montreal that they still seem to be in the game till the end! Of course, most of that is due to the worst referees in pro sports continuing to buy into the "Hab Factor". Simply stated, the HF is this--you need to be hooked/slashed/tripped three times as often as Montreal if you want the same amount of power plays. Think Subban head shot. NHL refs shuck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Here's hoping the Habs trade for Rene is too little, too late!

i don't think they made this trade in an effort to turn their team around. They made it to get cammalleri out of town for what he said. Bourque is a good player but he's not going to be the player to do it for them. They need alot more than him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Bourque at least has a little size to him, something that is much needed in Montreal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Sometimes the least little tweak is all a team needs to get on track. And the Habs are often just one referee gimme call, or spectacular Price save, from stealing a game. Which is why I hate'em LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I've always believed in change in scenery trades. Sometimes one of two players wake then succeed, in more than a few cases both players usually right their ship. Big fan of Cammalleri's talent I say he picks it up big time, Jury is still out on Rene.

PS. Now if this trade involved Nitemare and Shup it wouldn't work cause those two phat fudges hang out by the snack bar too much LoL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I hate to say that but I have to admit that this is an awesome trade.they got a big player in Rene Bourque and got rid of struggling Camalleri ...Bourque is cheaper ($3.3 vas $7MM) will score the same number of goals and he is bigger ...however Ramo against Holland could be the key to that trade ...If Ramo becomes a regular NHL All star goalie...the trade will be good for the Flames but in a short term I think Mtl has the advantage ...I would have like to see Bourque ith the B's ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

The games against the Habs are not easy because the Bruins don't play their game. They don't hit them, they let them play. Hit them at the beginning and you won't see them all game long. Bourque is another Kostitsyn. He plays only when he wants to play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I am sorry people but saying Bourque is an upgrade on Camalleri is nonsense.  Bourque may get the same amount of goals but take a look at assists Bourque has a total of 3 this season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I hope he doesn't help Montreal, at least against Boston. I hope he lights it up against the Flyers, Florida, and Rangers though, to knock them back a bit for us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

They were mistaken they thought they were getting Ray Bourque

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Here's hoping the Habs trade for Rene is too little, too late!:
    I think the Habs upgraded by this move by getting bigger without lose speed or scoring touch. I just hope they lose consistently enough to not sneak into the playoffs. They are always dangerous, especially to the B's! I can't believe with the difference in talent between Boston and Montreal that they still seem to be in the game till the end! Of course, most of that is due to the worst referees in pro sports continuing to buy into the "Hab Factor". Simply stated, the HF is this--you need to be hooked/slashed/tripped three times as often as Montreal if you want the same amount of power plays. Think Subban head shot. NHL refs shuck.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

When the Bruins go 0 for 7 on power plays against Vancouver and throw up another goose-egg on the PP against Montreal, but the Canucks and Habs keep scoring on the B's on the PP, I'm more inclined to complain about the Bruins' play than to cry about the mean, 'ol referees.

What are they going to do, give us more opportunities to not score?

Re: Bourque, he cracked me up when he said, "I might have the most French-sounding name on the team, but I still can't speak French!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Here's hoping the Habs trade for Rene is too little, too late!:
    In Response to Here's hoping the Habs trade for Rene is too little, too late! : When the Bruins go 0 for 7 on power plays against Vancouver and throw up another goose-egg on the PP against Montreal, but the Canucks and Habs keep scoring on the B's on the PP, I'm more inclined to complain about the Bruins' play than to cry about the mean, 'ol referees. What are they going to do, give us more opportunities to not score? Re: Bourque, he cracked me up when he said, "I might have the most French-sounding name on the team, but I still can't speak French!"
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

This is the reason the B's couldn't at least get it to o.t. In a big game like this (regular season that is ) special teams play a big part and the B's failed in that regard. In a 7 game series though the B's would play much more disciplined.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A poll from the Hockey News in which I agree. Word out of Calgary is that Bourque doesn't come to play every night. Cammalleri's best season in the league has been with Calgary and he's buddies with Iginla. Familiarity and past success in Calgary just might be the answer for Cammalleri's game. 

Who wins the Montreal-Calgary trade involving Rene Bourque and Mike Cammalleri?

Canadiens33 %33%
    Flames67 %67%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Here's hoping the Habs trade for Rene is too little, too late!:
    In Response to Re: Here's hoping the Habs trade for Rene is too little, too late! : This is the reason the B's couldn't at least get it to o.t. In a big game like this (regular season that is ) special teams play a big part and the B's failed in that regard. In a 7 game series though the B's would play much more disciplined.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Agreed. Too much was made of the result of that game.  It was a meaningless mid season game and they werent about to take any BS. They would be completely more disciplined in a playoff game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

They've got a 10 point hole to climb out of.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe any team has ever made up that much ground halfway through a season.  If they do it, I suspect it will have very little to do with Borque, and much more to do with Price.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't understand why everyone thinks this is a good deal for them.  I think they were cutting their loses and taking what they could get.

Cammaleri has proven to be a 40-goal-ish scorer, Bourque hasn't.  I thought Cammaleri was one of Montreal's biggest threats.  Bourque, as Chowdah mentioned, has a long, consistent reputation of not playing hard and being inconsistent.  Size is great for people who use it.  Blake Wheeler had size.

I expect Bourque to start out strong and then fizzle out.  No way this turns around the team, unless it happens to coincide with Price standing on his head for the rest of the season.  By the end of the year, I think they'll miss Cammaleri.

Sections
Shortcuts