Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2

Although the Bruins lost a very close game, Thomas was spectacular in net. This has to be very reassuring for all Boston fans. Boston played physical and got Vancouver to take some penalties. But Boston failed to capitalize again on the Power Play. Much like the Canucks.

However, I truely believe that the Bruins will win Game 2 and split the series with Vancouver. The have shown a resolve and never give up attitude throughout the playoffs. Yes the Canucks were flying with speed last night, but Boston did mostly an amazing job of taking away the lanes to the net and transitioning the play through the neutral zone.

Usually, scoring 1 goal in the last two playoff games would be cause for concern. However, the Bruins had more scoring chances in those two games than almost any other two games throughout the NHL season. The Bruins will drive to the net with more energy and dictate the play in Game 2. Look for a convincing Bruin win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2

I would say the best reason for a win is because... THEY HAVE TO WIN GAME 2. History already heavily favors Vancouver.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

We need to dump the puck in and first bruin in needs to hit and punish the nucks dman and not worry about getting the puck. We need to ramp up our physical play and hopefuly ware them down as the series goes on. If we play the body the nucks are going to be looking over their shoulders all the time and will make bad passes and we can punish them for their mistakes. The bruins need to play physical to have a chance. If Thomas can play like he did in game one we will be fine as he was by far our best player last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanfromGWN. Show FanfromGWN's posts

If Sequin is only playing 6 min's and we need to be more physical, perhaps its Thorton time - his downside is alot less than his upside & in 6 min's he can run into alot of Canucks...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Seguin has to play Recchi's minutes and be put on Bergy's line!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

As a B's fan since 1980, I have to admit, the "Never Say Die Bruins" hasn't been a phrase I've grown acustomed to.  However, this year has been different and I love the resiliance they have played with.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

will lucic score?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2:
    will lucic score?
    Posted by thedauber1

Count on it. TT said after Milans big game in Vancouver in the regular season that he likes  to be the hero. I could think of no better place to start. Maybe Horton too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I dont understand why Seguin is not playing more than 6 mins per game ...hey the kid scored 2 goals and had 2 assists in one single game were he played 11minutes ....I really dont get it ....CJ will have to assume the consequences of playing Recchi more than Seguin if we lose that final ...........

Dam it what does Seguin has to do to get more ice time ????????????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, Seguin > Recchi.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

History favors Vancouver?? Why? Just because they won game one? It's the team that wins the last game that wins the cup.

I would say the best reason for a win is because... THEY HAVE TO WIN GAME 2. History already heavily favors Vancouver.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

I agree that the physical game of the Bruins must dictate play. Overall, I tought the B's did a good job of hitting in Game 1. Might be a good idea to re-insert Thornton and maybe sit Paille.

We need to dump the puck in and first bruin in needs to hit and punish the nucks dman and not worry about getting the puck. We need to ramp up our physical play and hopefuly ware them down as the series goes on. If we play the body the nucks are going to be looking over their shoulders all the time and will make bad passes and we can punish them for their mistakes. The bruins need to play physical to have a chance. If Thomas can play like he did in game one we will be fine as he was by far our best player last night.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

I agree that Thornton should be re-inserted back into the line-up. However, they should keep Seguin and sit Paille.

n Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2:
    If Sequin is only playing 6 min's and we need to be more physical, perhaps its Thorton time - his downside is alot less than his upside & in 6 min's he can run into alot of Canucks...
    Posted by FanfromGWN

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Numbers don't lie. When Lucic scores the Bruins are 24-3. I think those are pretty good odds that they will win Game 2.

will lucic score?
    Posted by thedauber1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

The Bruins first line will definitely bounce back and get on the scoresheet. Game 2 however will be will be more open with alot more scoring. B's come back home with a split.

In Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2 : Count on it. TT said after Milans big game in Vancouver in the regular season that he likes  to be the hero. I could think of no better place to start. Maybe Horton too.
    Posted by 50belowzero

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Besides Seguin playing on the power play, I really haven't seen him play well after Game 2 of the Tampa series. My guy feeeling is that he will play more on the PP, however Recchi will continue to play. Experience over skill at this point until otherwise.

I dont understand why Seguin is not playing more than 6 mins per game ...hey the kid scored 2 goals and had 2 assists in one single game were he played 11minutes ....I really dont get it ....CJ will have to assume the consequences of playing Recchi more than Seguin if we lose that final ........... Dam it what does Seguin has to do to get more ice time ???????????? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

you don't need to write 6 straight posts....one will do

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

the b's  cannot afford to go into a "pond hockey" type game with the nucks they dont have the fire power they need to play it like game one and minimize the mistakes

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stitchy4. Show Stitchy4's posts

I live in Vancouver and love my Black and Gold with everything I have and that goal on Wednesday killed me, Why will the Bruins win game 2 ??

BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOO!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE IT'S A MUST WIN!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

because they haven't dropped two in a row since the first two games of the playoffs(montreal series).  when they have to dig deep, they dig deep. that's why i love 'em.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

because they haven't dropped two in a row since the first two games of the playoffs(montreal series).  when they have to dig deep, they dig deep. that's why i love 'em.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Excellent point. That's what turned me around this year--I have not seen a Bruins team this resilient in many a moon.

Coming back from 0-2 in that Mtl. series was astonishing to me. (That said, I REALLY DO NOT want them to go down 0-2 to Vancouver), but I think while there's a lot of hand-wringing worry over the tough loss in Game 1, the Bruins have already let it go and are ready to win Game 2.

One thing that would help is listed here in bold:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

How about they play a similar game to Game 1, but take advantage of their chances? It's not like they were that far away from a win on the road against a well-rested, amped up and talented opponent.

No need to be drastic with things like moving Seguin to Line 2 or starting Thornton. Maybe some minutes adjustments to give more to Kaberle/Seguin/Kelly/Peverly/Ryder and less to Recchi/Boychuck, but that's all I'd expect.

Simmah down now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

How about they play a similar game to Game 1, but take advantage of their chances? It's not like they were that far away from a win on the road against a well-rested, amped up and talented opponent. No need to be drastic with things like moving Seguin to Line 2 or starting Thornton. Maybe some minutes adjustments to give more to Kaberle/Seguin/Kelly/Peverly/Ryder and less to Recchi/Boychuck, but that's all I'd expect. Simmah down now.
    Posted by asmaha

I agree,although the B's have to open it up a little bit.I am not suggesting they try and run and gun with Vancouver but in game 1 in the 3rd period it was almost like the B's were afraid to fail.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2 : I agree,although the B's have to open it up a little bit.I am not suggesting they try and run and gun with Vancouver but in game 1 in the 3rd period it was almost like the B's were afraid to fail.
    Posted by DallasSmith

True that, but I wonder if they simply lost their legs? A lot of emotion heading into a Game like that, and there was a reason why Chara and Seids weren't able to finish out the last shifts. Julien was talking about legs after the game...so it leads me to think it wasn't system or a conscious choice necessarily to fall back on their heels.

Anyway...we're nitpicking. Tomorrow will be interesting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2 : I agree,although the B's have to open it up a little bit.I am not suggesting they try and run and gun with Vancouver but in game 1 in the 3rd period it was almost like the B's were afraid to fail.
    Posted by DallasSmith

ORRRR(yes i did this on purpose- it can't hurt the mojo)....the home team skated their collective arses off in the beginning and end of the game(give them some credit). which is expected of every team at home. don't open anything up, play boston bruins hockey and outskate them for 60(+) minutes. the wins will come. GO BRUINS!!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts