Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2

Hey Moron, I told you please do not reply to any one my posts!

In Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2:
    [QUOTE]you don't need to write 6 straight posts....one will do
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bruins haven't yet lost a game with their back against the walls. Won't change tomorrow, either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

they remind me of a boxer that doesn't get into the fight until they get punched in the face a couple times. TT has said as much about his own game. this team has heart, and a will to win. that's what it takes to win a cup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that Thornton should be re-inserted back into the line-up. However, they should keep Seguin and sit Paille. n Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2 :
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree.  Paille has been one of our most effective penalty killers and a complete pest to opposing teams D-men.  If anything, he deserves MORE minutes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I would like to see recchi off the power play and his overall ice time reduced. Don't see i happening so I guess we just have to hope he does something lord knows hes long over due for a goal and a good offensive game. Lets hope he has a Ryder like breakout this series like Ryder did vs the habs. Grasping at straws maybe but we ca also hope....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to see recchi off the power play and his overall ice time reduced. Don't see i happening so I guess we just have to hope he does something lord knows hes long over due for a goal and a good offensive game. Lets hope he has a Ryder like breakout this series like Ryder did vs the habs. Grasping at straws maybe but we ca also hope....
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to see Rex get less ice time (in favor of more for Seguin), but it is curious how in the past when I've said similar things abour Ryder (i'd given up) he'd have a break-out game, and even Paille, who I used not to even be able to look at on the ice, has shown me he's pretty darn valuable at least as a penalty killer.

Recchi, however, really shows his age against fast teams like Van., and I firmly believe he should not be a go to PP guy. It makes sense to me to reduce his minutes if only to give him fresher legs for when he does play (but what do I know--I thought the season was over after game 2 of the Mtl. series.)

Go Bruins!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I feel the same as a couple of other poster here; Sat. night is a must win. This is the final round against a very skilled opponent. Evening the series up will give them (Nucks) a little less confidence, especially if it's a convincing win, heading back to Boston.

Though the B's pulled off a remarkable comeback series win against the Canadiens (they were 0 for 26 before this year), I don't see it happening twice in one season.......especially against the best from the west.

Going to feel like another game 7.....pins and needles, edge of your seat kinda game I think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Like I said in another post in this thread the bruins need to hit hit and hit every chance they get and forecheck hard to have a shot. The bruins almost pounded the habs into submission in that 2008 series when we were the 8th seed and lost in the 7th game. I would copy that blue print from that series and use it in this series. Thomas is playing better than he did that season and we have a more talented team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2 : True that, but I wonder if they simply lost their legs? A lot of emotion heading into a Game like that, and there was a reason why Chara and Seids weren't able to finish out the last shifts. Julien was talking about legs after the game...so it leads me to think it wasn't system or a conscious choice necessarily to fall back on their heels. Anyway...we're nitpicking. Tomorrow will be interesting.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Chara looked worn out because in addition to his 25+ minutes of shutting down their high-powered offense, we are asking him to stand in front of the other team's net during our STILL worthless power play and get beat into the ice.

He was exhausted.  I'm done with the Chara in front of the net experiment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here's why the Bruins will win Game 2 : Completely disagree.  Paille has been one of our most effective penalty killers and a complete pest to opposing teams D-men.  If anything, he deserves MORE minutes. 
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

this. you can't sit paille-one of our best pk'rs is a must against the nucks PP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"How about they play a similar game to Game 1, but take advantage of their chances"

The difference between the game 1 loss and the regular season win in Vancouver was just that Bruins finishing their chances. Boston's forecheck was non existent as well the Canucks walked right into the Bruins end anytime they wanted.

Solve these two problems the Bruins should win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I think Rex should be the guy in front of the net on the PP. Seguin can be on that line with Bergie.

Bergs to Seguin, shoot and Rex for screen/rebound goal

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

The Bruins lost game one because they only played 50 minutes of hockey. The last 10 minutes clearly were nothing more than bunch of tired players, and as such they could not play at 100%, and that meant Vancouver had the chances to win and they did.
     The game is 60 minutes and if you can't play for 60 minutes, you deserve to lose.

Thomas was brilliant but even he made a mistake my dad would've been screaming at me for in my days. You never freeze. You follow that puck and if you're out that far you cut the pass off. You never stand in place and let them shoot around you, which is exactly what he did.

Keys to game 2:

1. Stay out the box. It's bad enough they can't take avantage of when they have the advantage but that bodes even worse if they're in the box.
    2. Rush and hit. Vancouver wants to play rough, return the favor. Knock them flat on their behinds and rush the net.
    3. More shots on net. I don't care how good Luongo is, if you put 50 on him then at least one of them is going to go in.
    4. Chase the puck, especially if it's in your zone. Just because it gets dumped into a zone, don't expect that you'll be able to get to it without being challenged by Vancouver.

I do believe the Bruins have an honest chance to win the cup, but they have to play to win, and Monday night, they didn't play an entire game. This has to happen if they are going to win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Starting Thornton is a possibility. Seguin would remain in the line-up and get PP minutes. However, that means Paille would sit. Interesting option for CJ.

[QUOTE]How about they play a similar game to Game 1, but take advantage of their chances? It's not like they were that far away from a win on the road against a well-rested, amped up and talented opponent. No need to be drastic with things like moving Seguin to Line 2 or starting Thornton. Maybe some minutes adjustments to give more to Kaberle/Seguin/Kelly/Peverly/Ryder and less to Recchi/Boychuck, but that's all I'd expect. Simmah down now.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

First of all the game was played last Wednesday night not Monday. To address your specific points, I agree that staying out of the box is a must. However, the Bruins need to start scoring on their PP very soon if they want to win the Cup. Secondly, they B's have been hitting. CJ could look at re-inserting Thornton, keeping Seguin and having Paille sit. Thirdly, you saying Bruins have to have more shots on net? I disagree on this point. In fact, the B's win more games when the are outshot. The key here is to get more quality scoring chances. Lastly, chasing the puck is a key, although skating and puck possession through the neutral zone is more critical. Bruins win game 2 and come home with split.

[QUOTE] The Bruins lost game one because they only played 50 minutes of hockey. The last 10 minutes clearly were nothing more than bunch of tired players, and as such they could not play at 100%, and that meant Vancouver had the chances to win and they did.  The game is 60 minutes and if you can't play for 60 minutes, you deserve to lose.  Thomas was brilliant but even he made a mistake my dad would've been screaming at me for in my days. You never freeze. You follow that puck and if you're out that far you cut the pass off. You never stand in place and let them shoot around you, which is exactly what he did.  Keys to game 2: 1. Stay out the box. It's bad enough they can't take avantage of when they have the advantage but that bodes even worse if they're in the box. 2. Rush and hit. Vancouver wants to play rough, return the favor. Knock them flat on their behinds and rush the net. 3. More shots on net. I don't care how good Luongo is, if you put 50 on him then at least one of them is going to go in. 4. Chase the puck, especially if it's in your zone. Just because it gets dumped into a zone, don't expect that you'll be able to get to it without being challenged by Vancouver.  I do believe the Bruins have an honest chance to win the cup, but they have to play to win, and Monday night, they didn't play an entire game. This has to happen if they are going to win.  
    Posted by undead[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Rex is to small to keep in front of the net. I prefer Lucic who is a bigger body and more mobile.

[QUOTE]I think Rex should be the guy in front of the net on the PP. Seguin can be on that line with Bergie. Bergs to Seguin, shoot and Rex for screen/rebound goal
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Yes, agreed. Cash in on opportunities and power play. With the lost of Dan Hamhuis on D, inserting Alberts on defence will compromise the Canucks defence play in Game 2.

[QUOTE]How about they play a similar game to Game 1, but take advantage of their chances? It's not like they were that far away from a win on the road against a well-rested, amped up and talented opponent. No need to be drastic with things like moving Seguin to Line 2 or starting Thornton. Maybe some minutes adjustments to give more to Kaberle/Seguin/Kelly/Peverly/Ryder and less to Recchi/Boychuck, but that's all I'd expect. Simmah down now.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Can't sit Paille--he's been too good on the PK. Thornton is/should still be the odd man out.

More Seguin on the PP for sure, but in general minutes as well. Balance out Recchi's minutes (reducing Rex) with his and you'll have 1) More dynamic scoring chances and speed thru neutral ice w/Seguin and 2) A fresher, less 43-years-old-and-showing-it Recchi when he does play.

Makes no sense to tire out a 43-year old guy w/too many minutes...makes him more of a liabvility defensively as well as the game moves on into late period play.

Other than those tweaks I think they played a very strong game 1 and if they can continue to get quality chances on Luongo they'll cash in.

Go Bruins!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins will have the B taken off on game 2 without the B, It's ruins.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's really clever. I never heard that one before. Does your brain hurt after straining to come up with such a winner?