he's baaaaack

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

he's baaaaack

The second i saw that first two hander from lucic, i knew he was back. watch and see. He will build off this. our first line left winger is back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

Re: he's baaaaack

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

The second i saw that first two hander from lucic, i knew he was back. watch and see. He will build off this. our first line left winger is back.

He's really stood out tonight. He's hitting, moving his feet and actually getting something on his passes. I almost forgot how much of an impact he can have when he's even remotely on his game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

That's the beast we all know and love...looch is bringing it tonight !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Nice way to go into the playoffs, hopefully he will keep the momentum going.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Good to see. He is such a beast when he plays that way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

It's a bit early to say he's back. He has shown flashes of this earlier in the season (remember the Wsh game) and disappeared again. If he plays like this going into the playoffs, then I will say that Lucic has finally become the player we all expected him to be. I will hold off on the celebrations until then.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

It's a bit early to say he's back. He has shown flashes of this earlier in the season (remember the Wsh game) and disappeared again. If he plays like this going into the playoffs, then I will say that Lucic has finally become the player we all expected him to be. I will hold off on the celebrations until then.

it's a prediction, not a celebration 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ya he looked good, its great to see his physical game again, but i noticed a couple of nice passes, thats the old lucic also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, more than a couple of good, hard passes - not the little tap and tickly touch jobs he's been trying to make for a lot of the year.  I remember when Gill was a rookie and someone asked him about playing with Bourque and the kind of advice he was getting playing with a 5 time Norris winner.  "Do everything hard" was the thing that stuck.  Don't nancy it.  Don't try to put a little English on it.  Whip it point to point.  Move that puck.

Just watched he fight again, and love how Lucic uses his left.  Every time Aulie loads up and thinks he has a shot to connect, Lucic gives him a solid jab with that left that takes all the steam out of Aulie's punch. That's good fighting, right there.  Smart, tactical, devastating fighting.

On a slightly different note: anyone else read the opening paragraph of KPD's column on Lucic this morning and think he was writing a novel something like this:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Plus, he's playing with Jaromir Pevr

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yeah, more than a couple of good, hard passes - not the little tap and tickly touch jobs he's been trying to make for a lot of the year.  I remember when Gill was a rookie and someone asked him about playing with Bourque and the kind of advice he was getting playing with a 5 time Norris winner.  "Do everything hard" was the thing that stuck.  Don't nancy it.  Don't try to put a little English on it.  Whip it point to point.  Move that puck.

Just watched he fight again, and love how Lucic uses his left.  Every time Aulie loads up and thinks he has a shot to connect, Lucic gives him a solid jab with that left that takes all the steam out of Aulie's punch. That's good fighting, right there.  Smart, tactical, devastating fighting.

On a slightly different note: anyone else read the opening paragraph of KPD's column on Lucic this morning and think he was writing a novel something like this:

Doesn't look fat to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I hope he's back. A few more games will tell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I would say we have not seen any flashes of Lucic's play yet this year. Jack said it best, he's putting doubts in peoples minds when they hear skates charging toward them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nice fight with Aulie who seemed to have gone insane and provoked a whoopin' courtesy of Lucic.

Funny thing, Aulie is taller, heavier, has the same # of fighting majors, and wears a nice visor but still couldn't do much against Fats.

Both looked pretty gassed, though, probably near the end of both their shifts.

So, yes, Lucic had a solid game all-round and perhaps truned a corner in his season.

Now all he needs is to consistently bring it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I missed gm so it's good to see all these positive post's about the gm Lucic played last night. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Looch wasn't the only one. Seids played a much better game as did Kreji. Peverly sure has the wheels, but not the finish, another Paille in style, but Paille nothed his 10th which is a solid contribution this year. Chara is still fumbling and slow to move the puck, anyone know what's wrong ? Or has his game morphed somewhat ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chara's role has often been to hold the puck and be the guy responsible for holding the bag while everyone else gets rid of their wobbles.  Sometimes, his judgment on when it's necessary to calm it down vs. keep it moving gets stuck.  It happens.  Fortunately, the faster pace of playoff games will provide some kind of jolt.  Hopefully, it resets his brain and away we go.  Fletch's point about mental fatigue is well-taken.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Still not sold on him at all. Yes, he played a good game. He needs to string together a long run of solid effort in order for me to let him off the hook (not that it matters to him, obviously). I just don't see any reason why a player like him would get 6M when he doesn't even bring it half the time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Nice fight with Aulie who seemed to have gone insane and provoked a whoopin' courtesy of Lucic.

Funny thing, Aulie is taller, heavier, has the same # of fighting majors, and wears a nice visor but still couldn't do much against Fats.

Both looked pretty gassed, though, probably near the end of both their shifts.

So, yes, Lucic had a solid game all-round and perhaps truned a corner in his season.

Now all he needs is to consistently bring it.

I honestly thought Aulie looked scared.  Not that being scared isn't a perfectly valid emotion when Lucic is punching you, but he kinda looked like he just wanted to survive.  Strange since he really started the whole thing. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8473473&season=20122013&view=gamelog

Everyone on here praising Lucic would be welcome in any HR department doing employee revues. Woop de doo do da day, Milan threw a couple of hits and got into a fight. Wow I am flippen overwhelmed by such a great performance.

Two goals since Feb. 26th woo look out. What really needs to happen is Krejci awaking cause when he does Lucic will benefit. His bromance is over with Horton as well and should be, they have done nothing together this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I honestly thought Aulie looked scared.  Not that being scared isn't a perfectly valid emotion when Lucic is punching you, but he kinda looked like he just wanted to survive.  Strange since he really started the whole thing. 

He probably checked his underwear between periods for streaks.....hid behind his face shield once engaged, probably a good tactic considering who he was facing.

Aulie has had 5 fights this season even though he was not previously known as a fighter which suggests to me that he wants to re-invent himself as a hard-nosed Dman. I guess shuttling from TB to Norfolk and back put things into perspective for him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8473473&season=20122013&view=gamelog

Everyone on here praising Lucic would be welcome in any HR department doing employee revues. Woop de doo do da day, Milan threw a couple of hits and got into a fight. Wow I am flippen overwhelmed by such a great performance.

Two goals since Feb. 26th woo look out. What really needs to happen is Krejci awaking cause when he does Lucic will benefit. His bromance is over with Horton as well and should be, they have done nothing together this year.

I've actualy thought that Krejci has been their most consistent performer behind Bergeron this year. How he puts up all those points when his winger don't do squat is beyond me, but he does anyway. I loved it when he put Hedman, a man with 50 pounds on him, squarely on his butt last night when he took a run at him. Dude is stronger on his skates than people give him credit for.

Two goals in 30 games when averaging 16 minutes per game with a pretty damn good playmaker. One of those goals was simply a shot that hit him in the leg. I could have scored that goal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, still unbelieveable how little scoring we've seen from Lucic.  

I like Troy Brouwer's game as another member of the small fraternity of legit NHL power forwards, but I always used to refer to him as "Lucic-lite".  

While he's not as tough or feared as Lucic, his 19 goals this year compared to Lucic's 6 is just alarming.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I would say we have not seen any flashes of Lucic's play yet this year. Jack said it best, he's putting doubts in peoples minds when they hear skates charging toward them.

Laughing  I thought Jack's analogy to "(as a kid) putting his head on the track to hear the train coming from a long way off" was pretty good.

Brick gave him a bit of a hard time for relating his childhood memories, which was great too...

Sections
Shortcuts