he's baaaaack

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: he's baaaaack

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8473473&season=20122013&view=gamelog

Everyone on here praising Lucic would be welcome in any HR department doing employee revues. Woop de doo do da day, Milan threw a couple of hits and got into a fight. Wow I am flippen overwhelmed by such a great performance.

Two goals since Feb. 26th woo look out. What really needs to happen is Krejci awaking cause when he does Lucic will benefit. His bromance is over with Horton as well and should be, they have done nothing together this year.

no one can change the passed 26 games. but he played well last night. for the first time in a long time. why are you down about that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Still not sold on him at all. Yes, he played a good game. He needs to string together a long run of solid effort in order for me to let him off the hook (not that it matters to him, obviously). I just don't see any reason why a player like him would get 6M when he doesn't even bring it half the time.

He isn't being paid for 20 or 30 games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the steve austin budget and david banner performance was wearing thin.

Let's turn it on!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

We went through this a few years ago with Lucic as well, remember?  In 2009-10, he was in his final year of a deal paying him $850K and signed his current $4.08M deal.  Everyone was ripping him, and Chiarelli, because he went from flirting with 20 goals the year before to 9 in 50 games and a total of 20 points (and a -7 rating).   $4M for that? they said.  What a load! they said.  But he didn't get paid $4M for that season; he got paid less than a mil.  The first two years of his $4M deal, he averaged 28 goals, 62 points, won a Cup and was named one of the most intimidating players to play against by his peers.  $4M for that?  STEAL!

Now he's getting $4M for what is admittedly a subpar season in scoring, and people are ripping him for his $6M for next year.  Next year is next year.  If this year becomes his new normal, then I'll call it a bad deal.  I have a feeling, based on experience, that he might just come out flying next year with a chip on his shoulder from this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

We went through this a few years ago with Lucic as well, remember?  In 2009-10, he was in his final year of a deal paying him $850K and signed his current $4.08M deal.  Everyone was ripping him, and Chiarelli, because he went from flirting with 20 goals the year before to 9 in 50 games and a total of 20 points (and a -7 rating).   $4M for that? they said.  What a load! they said.  But he didn't get paid $4M for that season; he got paid less than a mil.  The first two years of his $4M deal, he averaged 28 goals, 62 points, won a Cup and was named one of the most intimidating players to play against by his peers.  $4M for that?  STEAL!

Now he's getting $4M for what is admittedly a subpar season in scoring, and people are ripping him for his $6M for next year.  Next year is next year.  If this year becomes his new normal, then I'll call it a bad deal.  I have a feeling, based on experience, that he might just come out flying next year with a chip on his shoulder from this year.

Very good point.

I was just thinking last night how Lucic's current season looked very much like 09-10. Overall lack of production, sporadic physical intensity, and a whole lot of visible frustration on his part.

Of course, he can probably still "win over" some of the disgruntled fans with a solid playoff performance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

no one can change the passed 26 games. but he played well last night. for the first time in a long time. why are you down about that?

Prospects can be rated or complimented with "he's played really well lately". Lucic is not a prospect nor a rookie, he is a top 6 forward who isn't scoring. If you are a top 9 forward and get paid more than $3M a year, score or hit the bricks.

Stop making excuses for Milan he needs to get to the net, with the puck (mind you) and score. He's been playing like a BUM and one fight doesn't excuse his terrible play. Waiting around like Glenn Murray, for handouts, did late in his career won't cut it either.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Last night, he went to the net, he created space - he did all the things he's supposed to do except put the puck in the net.  I think people are simply seeing that as a hopeful sign that he's going to figure it out.

As rough a patch as this has been for Lucic, you may recall that one of the top three goalscorers in the game - Stamkos - had 8 goals in 33 games from January 23rd to the end of the season in 2010-11.  Lucic's 2 in his last 30 is worse, for sure, but the point is that even the best scorers in the game are prone to long periods when they puck doesn't go in the net.  Ovechkin has had his ugly droughts.  We're talking 30 games.  The first 14 games, he had 4 goals - roughly a 24 goal pace over a full season.  Down slightly from his recent efforts, but not much.  He had 3 goals in the final 23 games of the Cup year and still had his best goal-scoring year.  Just before that stretch, he had 11 in 16 games, and then before that a truly ugly 0-2-2 and -5 drought.

In his best year, he's going to have hot stretches and cold stretches.  This has been a looooong cold stretch.  When he's turned it around before, the first sign was that he was getting more hits - more Lucic hits - because his legs were moving more consistently.  So if you want him to score, it's a hopeful sign that he looked way more like the hulk than bruce banner last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The guy plays a good game.  Someone posts optimism. 

Negativity follows.

Welcome to BDC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Colon calls you Nassie lol

"This has been a looooong cold stretch."

If Milan doesn't reverse the worst stretch he has ever had and it will be two years in a row of a NO SHOW (heh I almost typed sow) in the post-season. The playoffs will be a quick outcome no matter who the Bruins face if Lucic doesn't right his ship. Last night was a good sign but that is it, he now needs to lead te Bruins from here on in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lock him in a room, put his Memorial Cup MVP effort on, press play, set to auto repeat.  Point to the screen and say "You are #27 in red."  Pat him on the back.  Lock him in without food for a day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Yes, he did have great performances in the regular season after the 09-10 season, but he has also not performed well in the playoffs since that time period. At this point in time, he still needs to prove that he can bring consistency and performance in the playoffs to his game. Until then, he will not be a $6M player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Lock him in a room, put his Memorial Cup MVP effort on, press play, set to auto repeat.  Point to the screen and say "You are #27 in red."  Pat him on the back.  Lock him in without food for a day.

LMAO! Nice 1 Book...You're not a shrink by any chance are you? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

LMAO! Nice 1 Book...You're not a shrink by any chance are you? 

No, but he's seen " A Clockwork Orange".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

dez for the win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and unfortunately look way more like the current version of Malcolm McDowell than that version.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

...and unfortunately look way more like the current version of Malcolm McDowell than that version.

At least you're "singin' in the rain"!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Prospects can be rated or complimented with "he's played really well lately". Lucic is not a prospect nor a rookie, he is a top 6 forward who isn't scoring. If you are a top 9forward and get paid more than $3M a year, score or hit the bricks.

Stop making excuses for Milan he needs to get to the net, with the puck (mind you) and score. He's been playing like a BUM and one fight doesn't excuse his terrible play. Waiting around like Glenn Murray, for handouts, did late in his career won't cut it either.

i've been saying for a few weeks now that he needed to fight to get himself back into the swing of things. he fights, plays a very good game, does a lot of good things, i point out that i think he's back and you rip me for it? I'm not making excuses, I'm saying I think he's turned a corner. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Last couple of games have shown some promise for sure, but he's still snake bit when it comes to finding the back of the net. Definitely agree we need him to be the old Lucic in the upcoming playoffs if this team wants to make some noise in the post season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:

At least you're "singin' in the rain"!

And with guest spots on "Entourage".