Hey #22- what's your role again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hey #22- what's your role again?

In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again?:
    That fight was all Haley, as one would have expected. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

After Campbell caught him with a half-shot, Haley let loose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

You guys know Thornton leads the league in fighting majors, right? And that some other guys voluntarily fight on their own occassionally, right? And that Campbell actually "goes" pretty often, right? And that they're both fourth liners, right?

Campbell fought a guy, which he also does sometimes, and lost. Get over it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I like Thornton alot. At the same time i believe his stay here in Boston should have ended at the end of this season. We should have not signed him to 2 mores years and instead give the job to Lane MacDermid. I thought he played very well when he was up here for a few games. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I have no idea why Paille sits and Thornton against the Isles? If it were Philly or the Rangers, I might see a reason for more toughness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You guys know Thornton leads the league in fighting majors, right? And that some other guys voluntarily fight on their own occassionally, right? And that Campbell actually "goes" pretty often, right? And that they're both fourth liners, right? Campbell fought a guy, which he also does sometimes, and lost. Get over it.
    Posted by Tom857

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.

Shut up.

You know you asked a lot of questions there, right?  And that the style of posting is weak, right?  And that stating the obvious is dumb, right?

We discuss a lot of things.  Get over it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I hope he figures it out soon. Stupid penalty to take.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

You guys know Thornton leads the league in fighting majors, right? And that some other guys voluntarily fight on their own occassionally, right? And that Campbell actually "goes" pretty often, right? And that they're both fourth liners, right? Campbell fought a guy, which he also does sometimes, and lost. Get over it.
    Posted by Tom857
    Your a 100% right Tom. Although (IMO) responding to posters who are on a witch hunt is a waste of time. Not long ago Marchand was the target, now it's Thornton. Hopefully the next target is lacking in character, at least then it will make more sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : Your a 100% right Tom. Although (IMO) responding to posters who are on a witch hunt is a waste of time. Not long ago Marchand was the target, now it's Thornton. Hopefully the next target is lacking in character, at least then it will make more sense.
    Posted by pauly1

What makes it a witch hunt?  We aren't looking for someone to blame, but instead discussing something hockey related...which you never see to do.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : What makes it a witch hunt?  We aren't looking for someone to blame, but instead discussing something hockey related...which you never see to do.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Says mister half a slew foot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I hope he figures it out soon. Stupid penalty to take.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Didn't see what he did that warranted an unsportsmanlike?  Looked like any other scrum that you see in a tight/emotional game. 

NBC's awful coverage was also running replays while the live action was occurring, but the replay of Thornton/Boyle didn't look like anything to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Maybe Thornton asked him to fight and Hayley declined? You know, because that's the code and all. Two more years of this wasted roster spot.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

completely ignorant comment ! Thank God you're not part of the Bruin's management team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin. Show mohawkbruin's posts

why waste time on a post like this, stop b_tching about this stuff, they won the game, Campbell likes to go now and then, what the heck are you looking for here? waste of everyones time

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : Didn't see what he did that warranted an unsportsmanlike?  Looked like any other scrum that you see in a tight/emotional game.  NBC's awful coverage was also running replays while the live action was occurring, but the replay of Thornton/Boyle didn't look like anything to me.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Crowls, he came off the bench and, with no regard for the location of the puck, made a bee-line for Boyle and then proceeded to grab the scruff of his neck. Unsportsmanlike wasn't much of a stretch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I agree with Crowls on this one. Thornton went to put Boyle in his place, a situation that happens after the whistle all the time. Borderline call at best. If that were called all the time, players like McQuaid and Pronger would be out of a job.

The MSG....I mean NBC...coverage was ridiculous. It sounded like a local feed the way they were pandering to the Rangers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I agree with Crowls on this one. Thornton went to put Boyle in his place, a situation that happens after the whistle all the time. Borderline call at best. If that were called all the time, players like McQuaid and Pronger would be out of a job. The MSG....I mean NBC...coverage was ridiculous. It sounded like a local feed the way they were pandering to the Rangers.
    Posted by jaywall

Usually there's more than 1 willing combatant in those after the whistle incidents. This particular "incident" took place because Thornton made it happen. Fortunately, not a big deal but things like that become magnified next week. Thornton just needs to pick his spots better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

You may well be right Dez. I guess I am a little lenient on this incident because I thought Thornton was finally doing what he is being paid to do, that is to keep the other team members from taking liberties. My tune would probably be different had NYR actually scored on the PP.

Sections
Shortcuts