Hey #22- what's your role again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hey #22- what's your role again?

So it's Campbell who is left to his own devices to get beat up by Haley?

Final shift of the game Haley runs Campbell (again) and then another on Ference.  #22 is on the ice and does nothing.  I get that Haley is in a lighter weight class, but isn't the policeman supposed to police something?

Boo on 22.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Hey #22- what's your role again?

When Campbell fought Haley I thought the same thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe Thornton asked him to fight and Hayley declined?

You know, because that's the code and all.

Two more years of this wasted roster spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Have to admit, it was a quiet afternoon for 22. Maybe Haley just wouldn't drop the mitts with him. If that is the case then there is little reason for him being there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

The best thing about this team is every man can take care of themselves.
    Team toughness.
    I see your point about Thort but with less than 5 min left, would he not get a game suspension and team fined some money. Haley just looking to save face. No harm done

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Campbell doesn't need Thornton to fight his battles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again?:
    [QUOTE]Campbell doesn't need Thornton to fight his battles.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I give Campbell an 'A' for effort, but he is one of the league's most obvious punching bags.  Campbell vs Montador is a fight, Campbell vs Haley is a beating.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Sometimes I think he thinks of himself as closer to being a real hockey player instead of an enforcer. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : I give Campbell an 'A' for effort, but he is one of the league's most obvious punching bags.  Campbell vs Montador is a fight, Campbell vs Haley is a beating.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Campbell tries hard.  He goes.  He just doesn't win many.  It was an average fight until Campbell landed one.  That made Haley mad.  And then the beating began.

I bet Thornton tapped his $1,1M stick on the ice to show appreciation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Staged fight with Thornton not even being involved and he still gets ripped. Make up your minds ! If it was Thornton instead of Campbell in that fight you guys would be b*tching that it held up the game and served no purpose.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again?:[QUOTE]Maybe Thornton asked him to fight and Hayley declined? You know, because that's the code and all. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Fluto Shinzawa ‏ @GlobeFluto

"Micheal Haley asks Shawn Thornton. Nothing doing."

Apparently he is needed on the ice for goals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Thornton asked him to fight and Hayley declined? You know, because that's the code and all. Two more years of this wasted roster spot.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

According to Fluto's Tweet  Haley asked and Thornton declined.  Not sure how valid that info is but begs the question in the original post. 

GlobeFlutoMicheal Haley asks Shawn Thornton. Nothing doing. 3 hours ago reply

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : Fluto Shinzawa ‏ @GlobeFluto "Micheal Haley asks Shawn Thornton. Nothing doing." Apparently he is needed on the ice for goals.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

That is surprising SanDog. In truth, he has not been very game to fight since he got those stitches in his face a while back.

I guess he wants to be Boston's 7th 20 goal scorer?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Knuckles are sore when you get a new contract!  Thornton, rewarded for the locker room personality.  Now McQuaid would have served some justice. Lastly, the Isles are such a sad sack of a team!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : That is surprising SanDog. In truth, he has not been very game to fight since he go those stitches in his face a while back.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Very surprising they way the Islanders were running around today. This has been my point, Jay. Why can't Shawn sit every once in awhile if he is going to take some nights off ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : Very surprising they way the Islanders were running around today. This has been my point, Jay. Why can't Shawn sit every once in awhile if he is going to take some nights off ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with you on this one. Islamorada makes the quip about sore knuckles but if there is any truth to that he might as well be sitting, if even to heal up those knuckles or those stitches over his eye courtesy of Kassian from a while back.

I think we will see him take a game or two off in the playoffs. He does not have to be on the ice to provide his alleged "locker room leadership."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Early in the game Thornton offered Haley, and it looked like Haley turned it down. Haley isn't quite the fighter that Thornton is, but Campbell isn't quite the fighter Haley is.

But if you're blaming this on Thornton are you going to blame the other 30 fighting majors that aren't thornton on him, too? Campbells a big boy, he can handle himself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Yes we did spend 1.1 mill on Thornton an over age enforcer. I like Thornton but i thought his time as Bruin was done this season and the young kid taking his spot. Now that the possibility that the cap space could decline 1.1 mill dollars can be a difference maker to signing Kelly. Paille and Campbell not being a Bruin next year is the big outlook for me. Caron will be ready and better next season so that is positive. Poulit i will not miss unless he plays 100% playoff hockey then i will change my mind.

The three positive notes Horton will be back, Caron will be an full time NHLer and Thornton experience 4th liner if PC can sign Kelly then we will have a 4th line center.

Bergy Krejci Seguin and Kelly our four possible center men next season not bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Yes we did spend 1.1 mill on Thornton an over age enforcer. I like Thornton but i thought his time as Bruin was done this season and the young kid taking his spot. Now that the possibility that the cap space could decline 1.1 mill dollars can be a difference maker to signing Kelly . Paille and Campbell not being a Bruin next year is the big outlook for m e. Caron will be ready and better next season so that is positive. Poulit i will not miss unless he plays 100% playoff hockey then i will change my mind. The three positive notes Horton will be back, Caron will be an full time NHLer and Thornton experience 4th liner if PC can sign Kelly then we will have a 4th line center. Bergy Krejci Seguin and Kelly our four possible center men next season not bad.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

Don't like moving any of these 3 to third line center. Who they will play with compared to who they're playing with now brings that 3rd line center's production down. Keep them all on the top 2 lines.

Moving Kelly to a 4th line center would cut back his minutes also. Don't like it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : Don't like moving any of these 3 to third line center. Who they will play with compared to who they're playing with now brings that 3rd line center's production down. Keep them all on the top 2 lines. Moving Kelly to a 4th line center would cut back his minutes also. Don't like it.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Chris Kelly is no fourth line player.  His skills say so, and his contract will as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to "Re: Hey #22- what's your role again?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : I give Campbell an 'A' for effort, but he is one of the league's most obvious punching bags.  Campbell vs Montador is a fight, Campbell vs Haley is a beating. Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE] http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111276 That was a beating???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Hey #22- what's your role again?": http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111276 That was a beating???
    Posted by Nolakanookie[/QUOTE]
    I also didn't think it was that bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

That fight was all Haley, as one would have expected. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]That fight was all Haley, as one would have expected. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    I just didn't see much landing either way. I missed the game so after reading the description from you guys I was expecting much worse.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey #22- what's your role again? : I just didn't see much landing either way. I missed the game so after reading the description from you guys I was expecting much worse.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I checked it our right away, hardly a clean blow.  I think there were plenty of chances for Haley to land a few but for some reason he didn't.  If Thornton had fought him I can only imagine the headline...He's Campbell's size, sorry I don't get this discussion.

Sections
Shortcuts