Hey Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Hey Horton

Don't worry about the playoffs you have probably played your last playoff games.

CBJ are crazy giving him that deal?

But he got his money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Hey Horton

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Don't worry about the playoffs you have probably played your last playoff games.

But he got his money.

Why would you assume they won't make the playoffs. They were one of the best teams in the West for the 2nd half of last year. They have the Vezina winner, a solid #1 D man with Johnson, and are starting to show a bit of depth at forward. No reason to think they won't be even better this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1xxxxxxxxx7777. Show 1xxxxxxxxx7777's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

But he got his money.

Why would you assume they won't make the playoffs. They were one of the best teams in the West for the 2nd half of last year. They have the Vezina winner, a solid #1 D man with Johnson, and are starting to show a bit of depth at forward. No reason to think they won't be even better this year. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes agree with you Columbus has a good team,and will be even better with Horton,especially come play off time,man going to really miss Horton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

But he got his money.

He is not worried.

He went his first seven years in the league without the playoffs. He's used to it. That's what he wants. Does't like the playoff lifestyle. The playoffs have been quite painful for him, especially the Finals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Bobrovsky (sp? a given) holds up Columbus is going to be good!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Nice town. Everything centers around Ohio State University. Would be good to see hockey take hold there. Wish Horton and the Jackets all the best (except against the Bruins.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

But he got his money.

[/QUOTE]

I think they have a great blue line in the making Johnson, wisniewski, erixon and murray. Good goaltending and a good crop of forwards I'd say if they don't make the playoffs I would be surprised. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

[QUOTE]

But he got his money.

He is not worried.

He went his first seven years in the league without the playoffs. He's used to it. That's what he wants. Does't like the playoff lifestyle. The playoffs have been quite painful for him, especially the Finals.

[/QUOTE]

If its true that Horton doesn't like the play off lifestyle then its 'Thanks for what you've accomplished but don't rush back' from me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

But he got his money.

Horton went for the money in the end.........was that his decision alone or did family play a factor in the decision?

Something tells me he's gonna expereince some regret leaving Boston but nothing 35 million wont cure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

[QUOTE]

But he got his money.

Horton went for the money in the end.........was that his decision alone or did family play a factor in the decision?

Something tells me he's gonna expereince some regret leaving Boston but nothing 35 million wont cure.

[/QUOTE]

More than the dollar amount, I don't think there's any chance PC would've offered anything more than a 3 year deal. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I keep reading about how Horton wanted to live in a house in a quiet town. Did this guy ever hear of the suburbs? He could of bought a mansion in Andover...had a 10 minute commute to practice and a 25 minute commute to the games. If he really loves the sticks he could of bought a house in Windham NH. (Andover north) and had a 30 minute commute to practice and a 50 minute commute to the games. He'd still be within 40 minutes to the coast in both places and if he didn't like the ocean he could of bought an island to build his summer mansion on Winnipesaukee.

This guy is so full of crap it's embarrassing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I keep reading about how Horton wanted to live in a house in a quiet town. Did this guy ever hear of the suburbs? He could of bought a mansion in Andover...had a 10 minute commute to practice and a 25 minute commute to the games. If he really loves the sticks he could of bought a house in Windham NH. (Andover north) and had a 30 minute commute to practice and a 50 minute commute to the games. He'd still be within 40 minutes to the coast in both places and if he didn't like the ocean he could of bought an island to build his summer mansion on Winnipesaukee.

This guy is so full of crap it's embarrassing.

His camp said it wasn't about the money and that he was looking in a non-traditional market.

This has sprawled into many different stories that are getting Rusty-level repetition.  No one knows why he wanted to leave. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Guy looked and sounded as uncomfortable at the BJ's presser as he was when he 1st arrived in Boston.  Maybe he really wants the anonymity that comes along with a non-traditional hockey market.  Good for him, he earned his UFA status, he gets to make that call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Yes he earned the right to choose but the only good reason for him leaving Boston is money. Leaving a strong team where he and the team have had succeess and he is on the first line for any other reason is ridiculous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

Yes he earned the right to choose but the only good reason for him leaving Boston is money. Leaving a strong team where he and the team have had succeess and he is on the first line for any other reason is ridiculous.

Or, he doesn't like the spotlight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Whew, didnt know the surgery would keep him out until January.

Sure loved Horton, but the switch shouldnt hurt the B's.

RE: Columbus, with a few Western Division stars heading east, and with Detroit no longer beating them up and taking over a perennial playoff spot, chances are high they make the playoffs now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

News Flash  people!!! not everyone wants to live in Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

News Flash  people!!! not everyone wants to live in Boston.

Horton just doesn't want to come out and say he went for financial security, so he is using the lifestyle angle as his reason, even if it's not a believable one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is true but I would have thought that would have come more into play if he and the team hadn't had success. There might be a little less pressure to perform in Columbus but I am not sure he will have any more anonymity. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I have no idea what hockey coverage is like in Columbus.  I've read from some on these boards and elsewhere it's pretty much all Buckeyes out there.  I saw some ESPN (yeah, I know) figures that had the Blue Jackets ranked 28th of the 30 teams this past season with an average of 14, 564 at their home Nationwide Arena with its capacity of 18, 136. 

If they ice a team that continues it's second half upward climb towards respectable contention in 2013/14, won't Horton be somewhat back in the spotlight he seems to want to avoid?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[QUOTE]

I have no idea what hockey coverage is like in Columbus.  I've read from some on these boards and elsewhere it's pretty much all Buckeyes out there.  I saw some ESPN (yeah, I know) figures that had the Blue Jackets ranked 28th of the 30 teams this past season with an average of 14, 564 at their home Nationwide Arena with its capacity of 18, 136. 

If they ice a team that continues it's second half upward climb towards respectable contention in 2013/14, won't Horton be somewhat back in the spotlight he seems to want to avoid?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe but in Columbus he might be the face of the team. Perhaps he likes being a big fish in a little pond (comparatively) .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I will always respect Horton for his clutch play as a Bruin, especially in the playoffs. But come on, isn't the whole idea of being in the NHL playing for the Stanley Cup ? He leaves a team that will most likley contend for years to come to join a team that has never won a playoff round in their existance, give me a break. Being in the spotlight comes with the territory of being an NHL'er, suck it up Horton that's what you signed up for when you made the big leagues. This " I want to go to a quiet non traditional hockey market " talk is him being a p*ssy ! So what if he gets a litttle attention on the streets after a game or is asked to sign an autograph here and there, it's all part of being an NHL'er and he should be proud. I don't know about the rest of you but wouldn't you want your players on your team to not shy away or be afraid of the bright lights of the NHL and have the go get'em attitude ? Have fun flying under the radar and rotting in Columbus !!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

I will always respect Horton for his clutch play as a Bruin, especially in the playoffs. But come on, isn't the whole idea of being in the NHL playing for the Stanley Cup ? He leaves a team that will most likley contend for years to come to join a team that has never won a playoff round in their existance, give me a break. Being in the spotlight comes with the territory of being an NHL'er, suck it up Horton that's what you signed up for when you made the big leagues. This " I want to go to a quiet non traditional hockey market " talk is him being a p*ssy ! So what if he gets a litttle attention on the streets after a game or is asked to sign an autograph here and there, it's all part of being an NHL'er and he should be proud. I don't know about the rest of you but wouldn't you want your players on your team to not shy away or be afraid of the bright lights of the NHL and have the go get'em attitude ? Have fun flying under the radar and rotting in Columbus !!

You know I never saw a quote from Horton saying he wanted a non traditional market. What I saw was a tweet from Lebrun saying he guessed that's what Horton would be looking for. He talked to the Wings among other teams and eventually settled on the team that offered him the most years. Job security is important for everyone. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

You really don't have to look any further than his contract to determine the reason he left.  All that other stuff is his agent doing a crappy job lying!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

[QUOTE]

You really don't have to look any further than his contract to determine the reason he left.  All that other stuff is his agent doing a crappy job lying!

[/QUOTE]

No kidding, as soon as Nate's agent found out the B's weren't going anywhere near 7 yrs, he went for the best deal. Thats his choice and i'm glad the Bruins stayed away from it.

Sections
Shortcuts