Hey Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Hey Horton

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

I will always respect Horton for his clutch play as a Bruin, especially in the playoffs. But come on, isn't the whole idea of being in the NHL playing for the Stanley Cup ? He leaves a team that will most likley contend for years to come to join a team that has never won a playoff round in their existance, give me a break. Being in the spotlight comes with the territory of being an NHL'er, suck it up Horton that's what you signed up for when you made the big leagues. This " I want to go to a quiet non traditional hockey market " talk is him being a p*ssy ! So what if he gets a litttle attention on the streets after a game or is asked to sign an autograph here and there, it's all part of being an NHL'er and he should be proud. I don't know about the rest of you but wouldn't you want your players on your team to not shy away or be afraid of the bright lights of the NHL and have the go get'em attitude ? Have fun flying under the radar and rotting in Columbus !!

You know I never saw a quote from Horton saying he wanted a non traditional market. What I saw was a tweet from Lebrun saying he guessed that's what Horton would be looking for. He talked to the Wings among other teams and eventually settled on the team that offered him the most years. Job security is important for everyone. 

I realize that Dez but wouldn't you think that since he has had a taste of one championship that he would at least be open to the idea of returning for the opportunity to win multiple cups regardless of contract length ? He didn't even give P.C. a sniff, it seems like he already had his mind made up immediatley following game 6 of the finals. Let's face it there will be no cups in Columbus !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

JP, I just have trouble imagining PC offering Nathan any more than 2-3 years at most. I truly think he just went for the team offering the longest term. I think Davidson is putting a decent team together there and that Horton might be the piece that helps them take the next step. I won't be at all surprised if they make the playoffs. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Nathan signed a 7 yr deal in Columbus. Will the Blue Jackets win the Stanley Cup in the next 7 yrs? I say no. BoDog.co has them at 33/1 to win the Cup, so their not too confident either. Nate wanted long term security and found it in Columbus, good on him but as far as wanting to win Cups, that wasn't the place to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

JP, I just have trouble imagining PC offering Nathan any more than 2-3 years at most. I truly think he just went for the team offering the longest term. I think Davidson is putting a decent team together there and that Horton might be the piece that helps them take the next step. I won't be at all surprised if they make the playoffs. 

-Gerry Dee

Heck, in pure hockey terms, I'd think most ( and I repeat "most"), would rather play 2-3 years in a first rate hockey town like Boston with a team that has a great chance to win a Cup. Even if he stays healthy (and he won't), he certainly won't have linemates that he had here. He apparently didn't even give PC a sniff, so it looks he wanted out, regardless of reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

-Gerry Dee

Heck, in pure hockey terms, I'd think most ( and I repeat "most"), would rather play 2-3 years in a first rate hockey town like Boston with a team that has a great chance to win a Cup. Even if he stays healthy (and he won't), he certainly won't have linemates that he had here. He apparently didn't even give PC a sniff, so it looks he wanted out, regardless of reason.

I have to disagree. I think most players, especially those with Cup rings, would prefer the security of a 7 year deal over the chance to play 3 years on a more competitive club. This could very well be the last contract he signs and he's getting money that his great grandchildren should still see a part of. I don't blame him a bit. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OntarioBs. Show OntarioBs's posts

I am not sure why he has taken this road,..I think maybe the concussions were more severe and have affected his thinking,..but money speaks ...

Will miss him him, but I think Iginlia will be more motivated than Nathan ever could muster,..

Maybe one day the story willl come out,...maybe he feels like one more hit and it is over, so may as well get the longest term possible ( cannot blame him)

Thanks for the service, you inspired us in Game 7, 2011,..best of luck, stay safe,..

Now on to real business ,....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OntarioBs' comment:

I am not sure why he has taken this road,..I think maybe the concussions were more severe and have affected his thinking,..but money speaks ...

Will miss him him, but I think Iginlia will be more motivated than Nathan ever could muster,..

Maybe one day the story willl come out,...maybe he feels like one more hit and it is over, so may as well get the longest term possible ( cannot blame him)

Thanks for the service, you inspired us in Game 7, 2011,..best of luck, stay safe,..

Now on to real business ,....

Hi.

You have just joined OrrShore a and CanadianFan6 as the worst posters....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OntarioBs. Show OntarioBs's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

You have just joined OrrShore a and CanadianFan6 as the worst posters....

Ok,.....bad attempt at humour...I agree ,..apologies

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Of course there's lots we don't know, but the process of elimination makes some things quite clear.

The Bruins intended to "try and re-sign him".  He said he wasn't interested, so all of the theories regarding big bucks make no more sense than the wife stuff.  He told the Bruins of his intentions before negotiations really even got going.  With all of the candor surrounding everyone elses status on the team, it's obvious the Bruins were surprised about this news.  It didn't even get to the point of "taking the best offer".

Bottom line is, Nathan Horton had no interest in playng for the Boston Bruins anymore.

Zippo.  End of conversation.  We may never know the full story, but we should be able to get the jist.  He wanted to play somewhere else.  Plain and simple.  Every other reason would rank lower.

He signed very quickly which hurts the money chasing prospects too, which is worth noting.  Perhaps bigger than anything, is the fact that had he been going for the money, spilling the truth would have been the best answer for the natives.  "I loved my time in Boston, but unfortunately the Bruins don't want me as much as the Jackets, and I have to consider my family and future".

Everybody understands that. 

Well. maybe he should be congratulated for his honesty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zebep57. Show zebep57's posts

The guy could be one headshot away from retirement ,of course it's about the money

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So much speculation here, based on a lot of nothing.

You know the deal Horton signed.  What did he turn down?  Until this info is available, nothing can be said.  The Rangers may have offered him 5yrs, $35M, but he turned it down because he doesn't want to live in NYC.  That's possible.  No one knows.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Live long and Prosper Nathan. 

Bruins Fan here. Don't try to understand, just accept it.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So much speculation here, based on a lot of nothing.

You know the deal Horton signed.  What did he turn down?  Until this info is available, nothing can be said.  The Rangers may have offered him 5yrs, $35M, but he turned it down because he doesn't want to live in NYC.  That's possible.  No one knows.

Only because some refuse to consider the obvious.  He said he'd prefer to play somewhere else.  He said it wasn't about the money per se.  

In hindsight, his actions seem to allign with what he said. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Don't worry about the playoffs you have probably played your last playoff games.

CBJ are crazy giving him that deal?

But he got his money.

Horton went for the money in the end.........was that his decision alone or did family play a factor in the decision?

Something tells me he's gonna expereince some regret leaving Boston but nothing 35 million wont cure.

they always go for the $$

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

It is hard to imagine him getting a better contract then the one he signed.

Good luck Nathen and thanks for helping us finally win another cup!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I dont get why so many people are bent out of shape about the reason he gave. None of you would be happy with any reason and continue to bash him. Then we'll have to listen to all the idiots at the games boo him, when he comes bo Boston to play. Sure I was shocked, but Im over it. He left for money and a different family life. Not sure why everyone looks down on that. If I were him I would have gone for the money too. And besides, the BJ's arent as bad as they use to be. I think they will be a pretty solid team next season.

Everyone booed Iginla and now we'll be cheering him. 99% of the players would have made the same choice for a chance to play with Crosby and Malkin, for a team that was considered the favorite to win the cup.

We as fans love our B's and it stinks when a player doesnt want to come and play for us. Oh well that life and sports.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hope people don't boo Horton.  He did his job and earned his pay.

Bobby Orr waving the Horton flag?  So damn awesome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I have to agree, gave it his all in the playoffs and was huge part of the Cup win in 2011. He's in Columbus now, that was his choice and am glad the B's don't have him inked to a 7 yr deal. Good luck Nathan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Agree. He earned the right to choose where he wants to play. He's in a spot where an offensive lineman for the college football team gets more pub then him.

Pouring the water on the ice in Vancouver was neat too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

That is one of the greatest moments of that cup run something i will allways remember.

Sections
Shortcuts