Hey Jack, Chill it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Hey Jack, Chill it

I've always defended Jack Edwards, Brickley is another story. Thought he was just an over the top B's fan who actually was great at play by play, and provided entertaining comments. But it is getting a little more tedious by the day. The whole 3rd period dominance thing got painfully annoying, and he wouldn't let it go. All the while the B's are getting lit up for the second time by the same team 10 games in. It's cool to be slanted towards the home team, but it's been getting a little weird and uncomfortable to listen to. Just take it down a notch Jack, hard enough to watch what went down on the ice last night without you making it worse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hey Jack, Chill it

Got a remote?  Find the button that says "mute".

It's what I do for the shootout and any game on NBC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Jack cracks me up and Brick is the best color guy in the league.  If you have NHL Center Ice you'll know what I mean.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I was listening to the game on the radio coming home from work. It is a bufffalo station, after listening to Jeanerette for all these years. I'll stick to Edwards he is more tolerable, but most cases, my remote is in my head I 'll tune out the play by play and etc. if need be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I've always defended Jack Edwards, Brickley is another story. Thought he was just an over the top B's fan who actually was great at play by play, and provided entertaining comments. But it is getting a little more tedious by the day. The whole 3rd period dominance thing got painfully annoying, and he wouldn't let it go. All the while the B's are getting lit up for the second time by the same team 10 games in. It's cool to be slanted towards the home team, but it's been getting a little weird and uncomfortable to listen to. Just take it down a notch Jack, hard enough to watch what went down on the ice last night without you making it worse.

What NAS said. The mute button works wonders & if you have the NHL package you can switch feeds. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Your only option would be to switch to the Sabre's announcers and believe me they're much worse.Ten times the homers that Jack is except its all Sabres all the time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

You can't mute the tv and listen to Goucher and Beers.....it just doesn't line up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celts07. Show Celts07's posts

I agree completely. Edwards was awesome doing National Games and he really showedl strong knowledge of Hockey. Look I EXPECT some degree of being a Homer, but Jack goes way way over that line and its irritating.  Plus he has some very tired crutches he repeats over and over...like the 3rd period dominance (some one forgot to tell the Sabres about that apparently) and "the vulnerable  minute after the Power Play".  Jack you have been harping on that one for 3 years.. And YES we also know Patrice Bergeron does all the little things as you magnify EVERY little thing Bergeron does. And then tell us again that Bergeron does all the little things. We get it. Really

Of course we never hear what the knowledgable fans are talking about..like why Tyler Seguin views each NHL contest as his personal figure skating contest..expends energy only  in avoiding physical contact and seeking post game entertainment and plays like a poor mans Phil Kessel.   brick on  the other hand is best in biz.   His silence on certain players and plays speaks volumes.  Those of us who watch frequently totally get it.   Btw I ripped Kessels azz the whole time he was here and fans in my section called me every name in the book. All these Johnny come lately Jacoby Ellsbury Pink Shirts wear #19 Bruins shirts now  and boo Kessels every time he touches the puck. After drooling over him when he wore black and gold.  That building has been converted to puuke  from best in the country 24 months ago. Very sad.

This is probably the crowd that Jack is going after.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Celts07's comment:

I agree completely. Edwards was awesome doing National Games and he really showedl strong knowledge of Hockey. Look I EXPECT some degree of being a Homer, but Jack goes way way over that line and its irritating.  Plus he has some very tired crutches he repeats over and over...like the 3rd period dominance (some one forgot to tell the Sabres about that apparently) and "the vulnerable  minute after the Power Play".  Jack you have been harping on that one for 3 years.. And YES we also know Patrice Bergeron does all the little things as you magnify EVERY little thing Bergeron does. And then tell us again that Bergeron does all the little things. We get it. Really

Of course we never hear what the knowledgable fans are talking about..like why Tyler Seguin views each NHL contest as his personal figure skating contest..expends energy only  in avoiding physical contact and seeking post game entertainment and plays like a poor mans Phil Kessel.   brick on  the other hand is best in biz.   His silence on certain players and plays speaks volumes.  Those of us who watch frequently totally get it.   Btw I ripped Kessels azz the whole time he was here and fans in my section called me every name in the book. All these Johnny come lately Jacoby Ellsbury Pink Shirts wear #19 Bruins shirts now  and boo Kessels every time he touches the puck. After drooling over him when he wore black and gold.  That building has been converted to puuke  from best in the country 24 months ago. Very sad.

If you think Edwards goes over the line with his homerism, subscribe to Center Ice and listen to the other regional broadcasts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Celts07's comment:

Wow Celts07 - killer post, best in a long while

Couldn't have said it any better. The only thing about Brickley that is starting to wear thin for me is his silence on certain players. I know he sees whats going on out there, and is biting his tongue. I'm sure he feels that it's more important to protect his gig. But,that creates a layer of BS that you have to decipher, just starting to wear me out a little. Can only hear about the "skating game" and "defensive breakdowns" so many times. And Jack's  "layers" and "triangles", and how every shot from the point is a"bomb" - ugh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yawn.  A new thread to point out that Jack Edwards is too bombastic sometimes?  I've seen 50 of these, and it still doesn't affect the game at all.

Learn how to use your remote.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yawn.  A new thread to point out that Jack Edwards is too bombastic sometimes?  I've seen 50 of these, and it still doesn't affect the game at all.

Learn how to use your remote.

Looks like Wendy is taking a page out of Stanley's playbook. After a few folks point out the foolishhness his thread, out pops a brand new poster who just happens to spew the exact same foolishness that he's been throwing around here forever. They're so in tune that it even spawned a reply from JWens of, "wow, killer post. Best in a long time. I couldn't have said it better" just seconds after he pulled his pants back up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Looks like Wendy is taking a page out of Stanley's playbook. After a few folks point out the foolishhness his thread, out pops a brand new poster who just happens to spew the exact same foolishness that he's been throwing around here forever. They're so in tune that it even spawned a reply from JWens of, "wow, killer post. Best in a long time. I couldn't have said it better" just seconds after he pulled his pants back up.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, obviously a 2nd account there.  Wen and Stanley are similar in many ways.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Two angry little punks on the attack again for no good reason. Getting vicious over a harmless thread. The 3rd period dominance drone was totally irrelevant this week I suppose. You two should get a room. What a couple of losers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Two angry little punks on the attack again for no good reason. Getting vicious over a harmless thread. The 3rd period dominance drone was totally irrelevant this week I suppose. You two shoud get a room. What a couple of losers.

No wonder you "stick up" for Stanley. He's one the few posters who doesn't dwarf you intellectually. How vicious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Two angry little punks on the attack again for no good reason. Getting vicious over a harmless thread. The 3rd period dominance drone was totally irrelevant this week I suppose. You two shoud get a room. What a couple of losers.

Does Celts think so too?

17. This post has been removed.