HIGH IQ article: HOCKEY is y CANADIANS are limited in baseball! here's y...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: HIGH IQ article: HOCKEY is y CANADIANS are limited in baseball! here's y...

....ok?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

This is a horrible post.  The reason Canadians are better at hockey than baseball is because Canadians care about hockey.  If I (a Canadian) cared about baseball (which I do but not anywhere near as much as hockey) I would be on a baseball forumn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

this guy is an idiot, however, he's kind of right. canada does do it right with the dominant hand on top of the stick thing. it is one of many reasons why they are dominant

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

This is a horrible post.  The reason Canadians are better at hockey than baseball is because Canadians care about hockey.  If I (a Canadian) cared about baseball (which I do but not anywhere near as much as hockey) I would be on a baseball forumn.

This. I was a rare diehard Expos fan - there were about ten of us.

(edit - I hadn't read the OP. What a scuzzy little side comment)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Make that eleven...I was a fan, even when growing up in NH, to the eternal shame of my father. 94 will eternally live in infamy!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

Make that eleven...I was a fan, even when growing up in NH, to the eternal shame of my father. 94 will eternally live in infamy!!!

Count me in right from the days when they played at Jarry Park and had Rusty "Le Grande Orange" Staub and Coco Laboy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Count me in right from the days when they played at Jarry Park and had Rusty "Le Grande Orange" Staub and Coco Laboy. 

Count you as 12 then!! Man RHO, Jarry Park , whoa, that is almost legendary. I heard it was a hell of a park for the fans. I only experienced the big "O", a concrete piece fo sh*t. Ugh...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Count you as 12 then!! Man RHO, Jarry Park , whoa, that is almost legendary. I heard it was a hell of a park for the fans. I only experienced the big "O", a concrete piece fo sh*t. Ugh...

jm, like you I never went to Jarry Park but have been to Olympic Stadium for a couple of Alouette and Expos games.  Freakin massive.  As a kid I used to watch their games on CBC or CTV (I think) broadcast by Don Chevrier. 

Hard to imagine that city not supporting the team enough to generate enough revenue to keep the likes of Larry Walker, Mark Langston, Andre Dawson, Gary Carter, Tim Raines, Marquis Grissom, Dennis Martinez and Pedro Martinez at various times.  You're right.  That '94 team was strong.  No one will ever know what they could have done.  Hope Montreal never get another baseball franchise. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

jm, like you I never went to Jarry Park but have been to Olympic Stadium for a couple of Alouette and Expos games.  Freakin massive.  As a kid I used to watch their games on CBC or CTV (I think) broadcast by Don Chevrier. 

Hard to imagine that city not supporting the team enough to generate enough revenue to keep the likes of Larry Walker, Mark Langston, Andre Dawson, Gary Carter, Tim Raines, Marquis Grissom, Dennis Martinez and Pedro Martinez at various times.  You're right.  That '94 team was strong.  No one will ever know what they could have done.  Hope Montreal never get another baseball franchise. 

HAH....we got that down here too, believe it or not!! Oh, the life before satellite tv. Man I loved Walker, Grissom, White and (above all) Pedro!! The team, apparently had very good support for a number of years until the big sell off of 95. I get it though , who wants to pay premium price for what is essentially a glossed up development camp for the rich teams. Hence, why I support the NHL salary cap.....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

THe problem with the Expos was that criminal of an owner Jeffrey Loria.  He ran them into the ground. And made off like a bandit by "selling" them to the MLB with Selig's blessing for a nice profit. He then turned around and bought the Marlins using a no-interest loan from the league

This is the same Jeffrey Loria who won a WS in 2003 and dismantled the team the following year.  He then fleeced the city of Miami and its taxpayers to foot a huge bill for a new Marlins' stadium, promising to "spend and build a winner."  What did he do last fall?  Firesale!  Only 1 guy from that roster left.

Expos fans must remember when his Canadian partners tried to get him on charges of racketeering under the RICO act in the US back in 2000.

This is why I won't whine about Jacobs because the Bs could be run a con-man like Loria.....off my soapbox.

Bingo....no argument here. Soapbox validated...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

He then fleeced the city of Miami and its taxpayers to foot a huge bill for a new Marlins' stadium, promising to "spend and build a winner."  What did he do last fall?  Firesale!

The problem with that team last summer was that, despite the FA signings and the new stadium, no one went.  The location is miserable.  There is next to no parking.  If you drive, you either have to pay a boatload for private lots or you have to walk miles.  Ever walked miles in the July Florida sun?  Deadly.  The other option is the train.  Lots of people (myself included) hate the train, so instead, they (we) just didn't go last summer.

But yeah, he schooled the city of Miami and the State of Florida.  People down there talk with nothing but disdain about the team, Loria and the stadium.  What a joke.