High marks for PC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

High marks for PC

First off, trading a player who was the centerpiece of the franchise and who it took bold moves to get the chance to acquire- takes ballz, Good for you Pete for not being afraid to move on if you believe that it's in the best interest of the franchise, regardless of how it might reflect on you.

Secondly, just my opinion - If I had to move three players off this roster, it would have been 18,19 and 49. They are the only non compete types. They can just suck the life out of a team.

This reminds me of jettisoning Wheeler, Hunwick and Wideman. An emotional upgrade and identity can be on the way. I'm all in on that one -

Lastly, I'd say that they feel that getting to the Finals isn't good enough - as a B's fan, I think that's awesome.

PS...Go get Cammalleri

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: High marks for PC

you think 18 didn't compete? ya. okay. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

First off, trading a player who was the centerpiece of the franchise and who it took bold moves to get the chance to acquire- takes ballz, Good for you Pete for not being afraid to move on if you believe that it's in the best interest of the franchise, regardless of how it might reflect on you.

Secondly, just my opinion - If I had to move three players off this roster, it would have been 18,19 and 49. They are the only non compete types. They can just suck the life out of a team.

This reminds me of jettisoning Wheeler, Hunwick and Wideman. An emotional upgrade and identity can be on the way. I'm all in on that one -

Lastly, I'd say that they feel that getting to the Finals isn't good enough - as a B's fan, I think that's awesome. PS...Go get Cammalleri

Great post Walter, the only thing I disagree with is Horton as he is having shoulder surgery pretty soon.

PS. 

"Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...

Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These amateurs... "

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Looks like PC, CJ, and Cam saw some of the same traits in Seguin that you did, JWensink.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Lastly, I'd say that they feel that getting to the Finals isn't good enough - as a B's fan, I think that's awesome.

PS...Go get Cammalleri

Well put.  I said this elsewhere in response to Horton's agent's comments about a non-traditional market: I really believe Horton will see his reputation return to being a guy with no heartbeat, and we will forever wonder how the Bruins got such incredible results from him in the clutch.  He didn't compete day in and day out - his numbers this year were comparable to Peverley's - but he did deliver in some of the biggest games.  I think we got the best from him.  And now, like that hot girl who smiled at you just as she rounded the corner...gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I agree here. As for Seguin, my guess is that maybe he is concerned about his hip being injured via a hit, hence him altering his course when he thinks he will be hit (and if I was in his situation I would too), thus I think Seguin's ceiling is that of an Alex Semin type player ... talented but peripheral player who makes no impact in the playoffs (but makes a lot of money).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

I agree here. As for Seguin, my guess is that maybe he is concerned about his hip being injured via a hit, hence him altering his course when he thinks he will be hit (and if I was in his situation I would too), thus I think Seguin's ceiling is that of an Alex Semin type player ... talented but peripheral player who makes no impact in the playoffs (but makes a lot of money).

First time I've heard that comparison Klaas but I think you might have nailed it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

If the Bs don't pick up a decent replacement for Horton then I'm afraid it will reflect in my marks for PC. Alfredson, Briere, Lecavalier and it seems Clarkson too are all gone. Who's left?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

If the Bs don't pick up a decent replacement for Horton then I'm afraid it will reflect in my marks for PC. Alfredson, Briere, Lecavalier and it seems Clarkson too are all gone. Who's left?

Daniel Cleary

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to soups-7's comment:

Daniel Cleary

Wel, that doesn't fill me with hope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I agree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Daniel Cleary[/QUOTE]

I like Cleary not afraid to head to the net.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Daniel Cleary

YES!

I like Cleary not afraid to head to the net.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Watch the last two goals in 17 seconds. Tell me 18 was competing after you see it again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

That was Julian's fault why were Horton and Lucic even on the ice when Chicago had extra attacker out,that was stupidity,weren't they basically short handed,when did Lucic and Horton start killing penalties.

Watch the last two goals in 17 seconds. Tell me 18 was competing after you see it again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

For PC to move a 21 yr old talented player should speak volumes to people as to what we as fans don't know about Seguin. Bruin fans who haven't seen Erickson play are going to really like him, he's a very solid player.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

None of the four players who were "let go" or traded were going to be part of the B's in 13-14 except for Seguin, and now they have a good-scoring Swede. I can't complain about guys who were going to leave--Horton and Ference, and one who was a shadow of his 11 playoff version--Peverly. I wouldn't start praising or criticizing PC either at this point. Seguin is young, he's a No. 2 overall pick, I don't think you throw away these type of players..Then you look and you see 1 goal in 22 playoff games--and that's terrible, third line wing or not. Let's see how this Reilly Smith pans out too. The B's will be fine, they may not have superstars, but they still have their base team. I will miss Horton and Ference, and not Seguin too much. However, you have Bartkowski and Krug and Hamilton as the youth of the B's defensive corps. You got Rask, you got Bergeron, you got Marchand, Paille, Krecji, Lucic...it's a Stanley Cup champ and a runner-up in 3-year span corps. Like the B's situation.

• Sections
    Shortcuts