Higher glass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Higher glass

Not somehting I have ever heard discussed before, just kind of thought of it while watching the game yesterday.  How could raising the height of the glass at least 50% higher not be a good idea?  Less whistles, will get rid of probbaly 80% of those stupid delay of game penalties, ect...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Higher glass

In Response to Re: Higher glass:
    In Response to Re: Higher glass : If you have ever sat below the glass (not including behind the nets), you'd know that a many parts of the game are watched on the jumbotron as the glass distorts the view.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I was just giving you the gears.I agree and prefer to sit above the glass for a better view.Cheers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Higher glass : I was just giving you the gears.I agree and prefer to sit above the glass for a better view.Cheers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yeah, I figured you were lighting me up, and it made me laugh, but I wanted to clarify before some dope decided to run away with it without understanding.

I never sit on the side below the glass.  I don't pay $100+ to watch 25% of the game on the Jumbo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

so that's why they brought in the netting and only raised the glass by a foot or so.
    Posted by red75

Good thing the netting wasn't there 15 years ago.  Would of ruined my fun.  I had season tickets to the Worcester Icecats for a couple season's in the mid 90's as a teen.  I used to go to all the pregame warmups 40 minutes before the game, stand behind the net area, and grab all the pucks that would hit the crossbar and fly over the glass.   I still have a box somewhere filled with literally hundreds of pucks from those warmups.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Higher glass : Thank the Lord they didn't do that.  One person dies in 75 years of play and they make a major adjustment. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree NAS. It was tragic, as was what happened to Bill Masterton, but you don't change the game because of one freak accident. That said, I've always wondered how that play effected Knutsen and Derek Morris - the two players involved in sending that puck over the boards, Knutsen took the shot and Morris deflected it. An accident like that must haunt you.

Sections
Shortcuts