Hilarious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Hilarious

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Watched this a few times.

What I noticed when the OT winner was scored, all 3 females were grinning .............probably in reaction to the others pain.

Different ways of reacting to a heartbreaking loss..........males vs. the females. 

Females love when we are unhappy.  :-)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Don't lecture me on the Jeremy Jacobs Bruins and formula either. We've been witnessing it for decades with a nice little relief in 2011.  If the Penguins win it all and it's because Iginla helped them put it over the top on us, that will be another embarrassing chapter in the Jacobs handbook. No two ways about it. Only on Causeway is that kind of thing going to happen.

If the Pens win the Cup, it may also have to do with guys named Crosby, Malkin, Orpik, Letang, Kunitz et al.

The Penguins were in first in the East before the trade for Iginla.

But, you know, let's blame the Bruins owner for that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

This organization is INFAMOUS for disappointment and letdown minus the 2011 Cup run.

Infamous.

The only team worse at this point is, ironically, the MAple Leafs.

They've won more playoff rounds than any other team in the last five years and you're compairing them to the Leafs, a team who hadn't been in the playoffs in nine years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the 2011 cup was "a nice little relief"? you do realize there are 29 other teams trying to win the cup every year. by your "logic"... there are 29 teams full of bums every year, and one team that provided their fans with, "a nice little relief". you are the definition of what is called a tool. i guess some people are happier to be unhappy. here's to the bruins providing YOU with "a nice little relief".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I would agree that would be more so why, but if Iginla outclasses Jagr (if both teams were to advance) and we lose in 7 games or something, the silliness of it all, botching a clear better fit in Inginla here than Jagr, will look like another Jacobs induced slip up.

If you don't think Jacobs still hovers when it comes to contracts, you're sorely mistaken.

Iginila will need a new deal and Jagr is on the verge of retirement. And, Jagr can't touch Recchi as a completely player and fit here, so don't bother trying to compare the two acquisitons.

You got a LOT of people off this board, good fans, diehard fans who know the game who are complaining about the cherrypicker, and for good reason.  He needs to pick it up and pick it up immediately.

Even if Iginla would've come here, he wouldn't have been re-signed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

They were also 1 and done last year and choked one down in 2010, and lost to Caroline in home in Game 7 in 2009.

I am fully aware that 2011's Cup run was so incredible and fun that it absolves all of that, but I am not going to ignore this team's underachieving pretty much all year. And, I don't like this lack of a killer instinct not being able to put teams away, because it will catch up to them.

For whatever reason, that being said, their penchant for playing great with their backs agains the wall is a strong trait. I just think the odds will catch up to you.

I am also fully aware that Rd 1s are perennially very difficult regardless of the seeding. It happened again this year with Pitt/Isles, Bs/Leafs and Rangers/Caps, so it exists.

But, this club is better than what they've shown. They're not good enough to be complacent and flip switches. They aren't the 1990 Oilers.

If you can't deal with this analysis, then that is too bad. It's the truth.

No other team has done better in the playoffs since '09.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

That's exactly my point with regards to Jacobs.  That was tied to why they easily caved and didn't increase the package for Feaster to have to take our deal vs Pitt's.

I don't buy he's just a rental in Pitt. He'll resign with them when this season is over.

Obviously, Iginla is a nozzle for doing what he did, which also comes into play, but once he got here, he would have enjoyed playing here as much or more so than in Pitt. 

Hope for Pitt to choke it down and hope that if we can't get to the Finals, Chicago pastes them in 4 games. 

I think he re-signs with the Penguins because, unlike the Bruins, they have the cap space.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So, a loaded Pitt team with massive contracts, we trade Thomas and we fail to have the cap space?

We have enough FAs and people due for deals where we could have competed for Iginla on a resign. There are also trades that could be made to clear space.

Just drop it. Iginla was a slam dunk fit here and it was a totally botched acquisition by Chia and Jacobs.

The cap is dropping by about $5M next season and Rask needs a new contract.

There may not be room for Horton, let alone Iginla.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

How is Feaster accepting the deal, then reneging on it thanks to Iginla not waiving his NMC for Boston, and not talking to Chiarelli again until the deal with Pittsburgh was completed in any way a botched deal by Chiarelli?

There is no sane way to think that Chiralli should have upped on an already accepted offer just because ... well, because of something no one, not even Feaster, expected?

You hate Jacobs.  We get that.  But it is heavily influencing your view of everything management does.  Take off the blinders and try to be rational.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

That's exactly my point with regards to Jacobs.  That was tied to why they easily caved and didn't increase the package for Feaster to have to take our deal vs Pitt's.

I don't buy he's just a rental in Pitt. He'll resign with them when this season is over.

Obviously, Iginla is a nozzle for doing what he did, which also comes into play, but once he got here, he would have enjoyed playing here as much or more so than in Pitt. 

Hope for Pitt to choke it down and hope that if we can't get to the Finals, Chicago pastes them in 4 games. 

I think he re-signs with the Penguins because, unlike the Bruins, they have the cap space.

So, a loaded Pitt team with massive contracts, we trade Thomas and we fail to have the cap space?

We have enough FAs and people due for deals where we could have competed for Iginla on a resign. There are also trades that could be made to clear space.

Just drop it. Iginla was a slam dunk fit here and it was a totally botched acquisition by Chia and Jacobs.

You clearly don't know how a no movement clause works. Iginla had the final say on his destination.     He chose Pitt. That fact was firmly established by everyone involved. You should try google. There's lots of information available on the subject. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I agree, but it doesn't change what I said or the fact that 2011, everything broke right and Thomas was out of his skull for that aberration to be about winnin the Cup.

You seem to think this team is a slam dunk to get back there or to even get past Lundqvist and Co, a goalie they traditionally struggle with.

We'll see.  I do think we need more of offensive output/chances up front than we saw in Game 1. The first 2 periods were a sleepwalk up front. Defensively, it was very good.

I love how we're having two separate discussions on the same thread.  I'm a realist, so I didn't even think it was a slam dunk to get out of the first round.  That's the state of the NHL today.  It has to be the league with the most parity of any of the major sports.  The Habs just went from a 15th seed to a 2nd.  The Ducks from 13th to 2nd.  The Cup favorites this year (Hawks and Pens) were also one and done in both 2011 and 2012.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Yes, a loaded Penguins team with massive contracts has the room and we don't.  Check out capgeek.  It's a great site that will tell you everything you need to know about contracts.  PC didn't botch the Iginla deal.  Iginla wanted to play with the Penguins and he had a no movement clause.  I don't know why you'd blame Jacobs.  Jacobs wants to make the most money he can.  He would have made a crapload off of all the Iginla jerseys that they would've sold.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You clearly don't know how a no movement clause works. Iginla had the final say on his destination.     He chose Pitt. That fact was firmly established by everyone involved. You should try google. There's lots of information available on the subject. 

Excuse me? I have no idea how a no trade clause works and how a vet player, once served a time in the league (any pro league) earns that in a contract?

Excuse me? Don't tell me what I do and don't know. The fact is, Chia had a deal with Feaster and Chia didn't get that deal on paper when he yanked Bartkowski off the ice in Providence.

I don't really care what his preference was, there was a deal and it was botched by our GM to the point they didn't sweeten the deal to get it done and Jagr's expiring deal is more affordable to the team than Igninla's, along with Jarome's next contract.

Chia dealt Thomas away to be able to accomodate such an acquisition.

I am well aware of how these things work.  Leave it to the Bruins to create new ways of botching things.   We're always, ALWAYS getting second fiddle type players in here at the deadline.  

I realize that it's not the end all be all, but please stop defending such botch jobs. You look silly doing it.

They wanted Iginla, not Jagr.

with the exception of the last sentence, you're pretty much wrong about everything. as usual. We know what happened. Everyone's admitted it. Bruins and Flames had a deal, Iginla said no. Chiarelli asked to talk to Iginla, and wasn't given the opportunity. He should have sweetened the deal? why would iginla care about that? and furthermore, he wasn't given the opportunity to talk to Feaster after this started happening. so no, you're wrong, very very wrong. Chiarelli didn't botch this, Feaster did by not getting something in writing saying that Iginla would waive his NMC to go to Boston, Chicago, LA, or pittsburgh. And no, Chiarelli didn't trade Thomas to make this possible, they had pretty much unlimited cap space, and hadn't even put Savard on LTIR yet. 

wow. can you go back to not posting?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Excuse me? I have no idea how a no trade clause works and how a vet player, once served a time in the league (any pro league) earns that in a contract?

Excuse me? Don't tell me what I do and don't know. The fact is, Chia had a deal with Feaster and Chia didn't get that deal on paper when he yanked Bartkowski off the ice in Providence.

I don't really care what his preference was, there was a deal and it was botched by our GM to the point they didn't sweeten the deal to get it done and Jagr's expiring deal is more affordable to the team than Igninla's, along with Jarome's next contract.

Chia dealt Thomas away to be able to accomodate such an acquisition.

I am well aware of how these things work.  Leave it to the Bruins to create new ways of botching things.   We're always, ALWAYS getting second fiddle type players in here at the deadline.  

I realize that it's not the end all be all, but please stop defending such botch jobs. You look silly doing it.

How about giving us your summation of exactly how a no movement clause works? It sure seems like you've still got no idea. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How about giving us your summation of exactly how a no movement clause works? It sure seems like you've still got no idea. 

Are you seriously this daft? I just told you above I am fully aware of what  no trade clause means for any veteran in any sport who has that in their contract.

It's utterly embarrassing Chia didn't have the deal in writing before pulling his players off the ice on his end and then Pitt offering a clearly inferior package.  The fact is, we ALWAYS lose out in these cases. Always. It used to be due to Jacobs being cheap not it's due to somehow the Penguins of all teams with massive contracts "having more cap space" which makes it easier for them to acquire Iginla over us doing it. Laughable.

Christ, you homers are excuse making machines with this stuff. Just admit it was botched and move on already.

Everything you've written flies in the face of you actually being, "fully aware" of how a no movement clause in a player's contract works. Until you're willing to give us your interpretation then there's no reason to believe that you actually do know. Quit dancing around the question. Tell me how it works.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Are you seriously this daft? I just told you above I am fully aware of what  no trade clause means for any veteran in any sport who has that in their contract.

It's utterly embarrassing Chia didn't have the deal in writing before pulling his players off the ice on his end and then Pitt offering a clearly inferior package.  The fact is, we ALWAYS lose out in these cases. Always. It used to be due to Jacobs being cheap not it's due to somehow the Penguins of all teams with massive contracts "having more cap space" which makes it easier for them to acquire Iginla over us doing it. Laughable.

Christ, you homers are excuse making machines with this stuff. Just admit it was botched and move on already.

Are you seriously this much of a fawking idiot! Feaster's the one that didn't get Iggy to sign the release of his NMC you dick! How does Iggy changing his mind at the last minute Jacob's fault?  You really are lost! 

Sections
Shortcuts