Hilarious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hilarious

Talking with this fool is fun.  The best part is that we are the dorks while he truly believes everything he's said...despite changing the focus of the problem many times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Talking with this fool is fun.  The best part is that we are the dorks while he truly believes everything he's said...despite changing the focus of the problem many times.

I know he makes the rest of us sound like geniuses, but I can't take anymore of it. Back on ignore & I bet he goes thru an awful lot of toilet paper considering he has to wipe both the top & bottom holes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

That's exactly my point with regards to Jacobs.  That was tied to why they easily caved and didn't increase the package for Feaster to have to take our deal vs Pitt's.

I don't buy he's just a rental in Pitt. He'll resign with them when this season is over.

Obviously, Iginla is a nozzle for doing what he did, which also comes into play, but once he got here, he would have enjoyed playing here as much or more so than in Pitt. 

Hope for Pitt to choke it down and hope that if we can't get to the Finals, Chicago pastes them in 4 games. 

I think he re-signs with the Penguins because, unlike the Bruins, they have the cap space.

So, a loaded Pitt team with massive contracts, we trade Thomas and we fail to have the cap space?

We have enough FAs and people due for deals where we could have competed for Iginla on a resign. There are also trades that could be made to clear space.

Just drop it. Iginla was a slam dunk fit here and it was a totally botched acquisition by Chia and Jacobs.

You clearly don't know how a no movement clause works. Iginla had the final say on his destination.     He chose Pitt. That fact was firmly established by everyone involved. You should try google. There's lots of information available on the subject. 

Excuse me? I have no idea how a no trade clause works and how a vet player, once served a time in the league (any pro league) earns that in a contract?

Excuse me? Don't tell me what I do and don't know. The fact is, Chia had a deal with Feaster and Chia didn't get that deal on paper when he yanked Bartkowski off the ice in Providence.

I don't really care what his preference was, there was a deal and it was botched by our GM to the point they didn't sweeten the deal to get it done and Jagr's expiring deal is more affordable to the team than Igninla's, along with Jarome's next contract.

Chia dealt Thomas away to be able to accomodate such an acquisition.

I am well aware of how these things work.  Leave it to the Bruins to create new ways of botching things.   We're always, ALWAYS getting second fiddle type players in here at the deadline.  

I realize that it's not the end all be all, but please stop defending such botch jobs. You look silly doing it.

They wanted Iginla, not Jagr.

Wrong.  They wanted Morrow.  he also wanted pitt over boston.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Let's make this simple.  The last conversation between Chiarelli and Feaster prior to Iginla being sent to Pittsburgh appears to have been when Feaster was letting Chiarelli know he had won the bidding war.

What thought could have gone through Chiarelli's mind at that point to cause him to sweeten his offer?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Let's make this simple.  The last conversation between Chiarelli and Feaster prior to Iginla being sent to Pittsburgh appears to have been when Feaster was letting Chiarelli know he had won the bidding war.

What thought could have gone through Chiarelli's mind at that point to cause him to sweeten his offer?

The B's could have offered Bergeron, Chara and Rask for him, that is irrelevant. In the end, it was Iginla's decision. What does he care which player(s) go(es) the other way? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You are missing the point, DrCC.  Clearly it was Jacobs' fault for raising beer prices, not trading Orr, not getting enough in return for trading Orr, personally forcing two lockouts and failing to get a longstanding name for the building.

And because of this, Iginla wanted to play with Crosby and Malkin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

The B's could have offered Bergeron, Chara and Rask for him, that is irrelevant. In the end, it was Iginla's decision. What does he care which player(s) go(es) the other way? 

The idea is that Chiarelli could have made an offer that would have caused Feaster to find a way to get Iginla to acquiesce and wave his NMC for Boston as he had said he would.  It's not a bad idea, I just don't see how or when Chiarelli would have done that, given what we know about the timeline of the non-trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

The idea is that Chiarelli could have made an offer that would have caused Feaster to find a way to get Iginla to acquiesce and wave his NMC for Boston as he had said he would.  It's not a bad idea, I just don't see how or when Chiarelli would have done that, given what we know about the timeline of the non-trade.

I see your point now. However, after Feaster gave Iginla all the power to decide, I don't think a sweeter deal would have made a difference in the way Feaster decided to deal with the trade. In fact, I already think what the B's offered was much better than the Penguins offer. Feaster knew that. He could have tried to convince Iginla. He obviously didn't or failed in doing so.