history and bad blood says Horton v Phaenuf tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

history and bad blood says Horton v Phaenuf tonight

Probably like predicting the price of gas will go up this summer.

I say they go early before the score matters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: history and bad blood says Horton v Phaenuf tonight

I think your right.  Horton has some hatred for this guy and im sure that hasn't simmered since the last match.  Phaenuf has been taking some heat for not losing the lid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to history and bad blood says Horton v Phaenuf tonight:
    Probably like predicting the price of gas will go up this summer. I say they go early before the score matters.
    Posted by BadHabitude

You're probably right BH but you never know.Phaneuf has proven to be about as honourable as PK Subban so I'm not sure what to expect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Phaneuf won't drop the mitts unless he has his opponent in an advantageous position. He will not go for the sake of doing so nor will he willingly lose the lid. Never has, never will. He is a true d**chebag....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone know the reason?  Horton seems to call him out for a fight every time, but I have no memory of anything between them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

phaneuf is a big whuss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Come on Beans, please finish of the leafs tonight, Let's get that pick in the top 10.  Reimer has been crazy good for them.  As far as Dion goes, he knew he pulled a Nancy last game leaving the bucket on.  Hopefully they make it right tonight.  Good time for a multi point game for Segzy!, love that "thank you kessel" chant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Phaneuf spends his summer's on PEI - where I am, big fish in a small pond so to speak so he will be recognized easier of course, some guys i play hockey with used to see him in his speed boat by himself all the time, i dont think he has many friends or real ones for that matter, perhaps this was before he went after the NHL's sloppy seconds prize cuthburt (SP)?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: history and bad blood says Horton v Phaenuf tonight:
    Anyone know the reason?  Horton seems to call him out for a fight every time, but I have no memory of anything between them.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I think its because Phaneuf plays an in your face, tough game with lots of stickwork but runs when he gets called out. Obviously Horton does not respect him....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

i agree JM - he plays rough but he wont fight anyone thats in the same weight class...IMO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I think it was in Boston earlier this year.  They got into it, and Horton was on top, refs separating them and Phucknuff threw a punch from his back that connected.  Horton went nuts and the refs had to pry him off Phaneuf.  He is a guy that plays just over the edge of dirty.  Nothing too bad, too much, but he picks his spots and gets his shots in.  He will talk a lot and hard, but never lose the lid on his own.  Chickensh*t all the way around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

i agree JM - he plays rough but he wont fight anyone thats in the same weight class...IMO
    Posted by bailey77

I lost all respect for him when in his rookie season he jumped Guerin. He left his visor on and tucked his chin in so all Guerin could do was punch helmet and visor, may have broke his hand. I have been waiting for someone to beat the hell out of him since then...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I think there's bad blood from the junior days.

I know there's a lot of LOVE  (and some mis-information) for Phaneuf on this forum but there won't  be a fight unless the game has been decided 1 way or the other.

Regardless of what you think about Phaneuf, he plays 25+ minutes on this Leaf team and has been very good since January, has 9 goals now (almost all in the 2nd half of the season).  Leafs need him on the ice, so he won't be engaging anyone.

In my opinion, Phaneuf is hard-nosed player but is NOT a fighter by any means.  He doesn't fight much, and when he does I don't think he wins very often.  He deserves to be called out for NOT taking his lid off when he does.  As far as not taking on Chara......I call that being smart....LOL  Chara would tear him apart, like he would with most anybody else in the League.  Chara dodges Orr for the same reasons, Bruins need Chara on the ice and he's smart enough to know that without wasting time getting into fights and sitting out.   I'm not suggesting Orr is the same value as Horton, he clearly is not.

Horton seems to go out of his way to engage Phaneuf and he acts so much tougher now on the Bruins (having Lucic on the other side helps) then he ever did on Florida.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't care if he fights him or not but one thing for sure when Horton is pumped he scores !
    Besides since Phaneauf is not really a fighter he will not remove is "robocop helmet" and Horton could get hurt trying to fight the guy.  Like Cherry said, don't go fighting with a visor down to your chin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by Fletcher1

That's easy.

Same reason as the basis for conflict any where in the world.

oil.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: history and bad blood says Horton v Phaenuf tonight : That's easy. Same reason as the basis for conflict any where in the world. oil.
    Posted by BadHabitude

LMAO...............that was funny.

P.S.  I'm liking that RoboCop depiction of Phaneuf.  I was looking at some clips and he ldefinitely ooks like the Robo Cop.  It looks like Phaneuf's equipment is too big for him.....too funny

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Come on Beans, please finish of the leafs tonight, Let's get that pick in the top 10.  Reimer has been crazy good for them.  As far as Dion goes, he knew he pulled a Nancy last game leaving the bucket on.  Hopefully they make it right tonight.  Good time for a multi point game for Segzy!, love that "thank you kessel" chant.
    Posted by KennyBizz

Multi-point game?  I think he needs to start with even 1 point, let alone multi points.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"lose the lid"

please no "usa" chants.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

Actually, I'll be surprised to see a fight, especially with any of the top guys involved.

At this point in the season, the B's just need to play with pace and grit, and not break any hands on helmets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I hope Horton stays out of it, no upside.  I would hate to see Horton busting his hand and missing his 1st playoff game ever on a guy that can start making tee times in a week and a half.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

would be funny to see a scrum where horton squares off with phanuef and komisarek looks over at his dance partner and its #17, just the look on his face would be priceless.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

No need to fight the goof, Horton has nothing to prove and sure is not afraid of Double Dion. Just forcheck and bang the hell out them in their own zone.

Go B's

Sections
Shortcuts