Hit the bricks, 52.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Hit the bricks, 52.

For those who've seen him regularly tonight was typical Hamill meaning what we saw tonight was what one gets from him most games including with Providence?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52.:
    In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52. : I can't comment on Providence games.  But no this wasn't a particularly bad game for him.  He isn't actually that bad.  He never makes a costly error.  He doesn't look like a fool.  Offensive plays just typically die with him.  His best games were his first few this season.
    Posted by mattc355

Appreciate the word matt.  I meant if tonight was indicative of how he typically played.  I wasn't suggesting he was bad. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Hit the bricks, 52.:
    I think I've seen enough of Hamill.  He plays with good linemates.  He makes nothing happen.  There are better options.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Caron should be playing with Kells and Pouliot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Hmmm... I admit to not seeing much of Hamill's play, but can you really give up on a guy when he hasn't even played his 20th NHL game yet?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Mid-season dip.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

While he seems to do a decent job limiting the bad, there just seems like so little good.  Average skating-little guy with good vision and no shot probably doesn't make a prolific NHL winger. 

Next.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Once again the B's failure to draft quality players is going to force them to trade MORE high picks to help out. Of course, being cyclical I guess trading high picks doesn't matter when you tend to draft lousy players anyway. (I'm holding out hope about Spooner, Knight, Koko, and of course Dougie that these players are samples that the trend is finally ending).
    I can't beleieve with all the prospect defensemen the B's have grabbed in trade (Kampfer, Bartkowski, Worosofski, Cohen, etc.) they can't get one with NHL skill!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hmmm... I admit to not seeing much of Hamill's play, but can you really give up on a guy when he hasn't even played his 20th NHL game yet?
    Posted by 49-North

Then don't comment on a thread about him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For those who've seen him regularly tonight was typical Hamill meaning what we saw tonight was what one gets from him most games including with Providence?
    Posted by RichHillOntario

His middle name should be "non-factor".  Nothing happens when he's near the puck.  I've seen him many, many times playing for Providence, also.  Nothing happened in those games, either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can't beleieve with all the prospect defensemen the B's have grabbed in trade (Kampfer, Bartkowski, Worosofski, Cohen, etc.) they can't get one with NHL skill!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Boychuk, McQuaid

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Trade him for Kessel!

/sarcasm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i have held back any comment, but, there's nothing helpful there, and they [ Peter and Claude], don't know who is holding what strings, need to make some decisions. Hamill is not the only problem. I know Claude loves Thornton's energy, but using an unskilled player on a line, to generate something beneficial, is NOT working. Hopefully, these poor decisions have not smothered Caron's fire. although playing in Providence, is better than not playing, and they just had a three win run. Trying to improve Pouliot is enough of a challenge on the offensive side, and when Chara is outskated and fumbles at the point, there's zero pick up on defense. Plus when Kreji has such a woeful night it carries over. Plus add in some very suspect , and non-seeing officiating, can't blame Marchand for loosing his cool. The whack on his legs by Ward was a real cheap shot, behind the play. In addition a non-call when his face sheild was broken with a high stick ????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hamill is not the only problem.
    Posted by bogie6

He sure isn't, but he's the topic here in this thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I think Thornton CAN add energy at times so I dont think he's completely useless out there.  But in my opinion there is no reason to have him dressed and playing every single game.  Just about everyone on the team can hit, a good handle can fight when needed and just about every single player is a better puck handler,offensive threat, and more defensivley sound.  I wish there were more forwards in Providence that could crack the lineup just to see how they look.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Once again the B's failure to draft quality players is going to force them to trade MORE high picks to help out. Of course, being cyclical I guess trading high picks doesn't matter when you tend to draft lousy players anyway. (I'm holding out hope about Spooner, Knight, Koko, and of course Dougie that these players are samples that the trend is finally ending). I can't beleieve with all the prospect defensemen the B's have grabbed in trade (Kampfer, Bartkowski, Worosofski, Cohen, etc.) they can't get one with NHL skill!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

They will be drafting close to the end and a good chance they will have last draft pick this year.  So how will that go with even worse picks next year?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

The best option we have here is to get heathly(Horton) and stop getting supensed(Marchard) and send him back to the Baby B's where he belongs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52. : His middle name should be "non-factor".  Nothing happens when he's near the puck.  I've seen him many, many times playing for Providence, also.  Nothing happened in those games, either.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Alright so you that has been too many Providence games is there anyone on that lineup (besides Caron) that can bring some energy to the Bruins?
    Be the extra forward (as Paille last season) that can step in on a 4th line , bring energy with one of the Bruin current players hurt, suspended or plainly benched ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

going to the p-bruins/adk phantoms game tommorrow nite. hopefully somebody will stand out. let you guys know on sun or mon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52. : No one would have the guy, if they didn't pick him up off waivers they sure as heck aren't going to trade for him. Anything in return for him would be the theft of the century.  I'd be thrilled with a 4th round pick, but they wouldn't even get that. Yes, we can officially call him a bust. Don't be the last one to call Cross a bust, start now.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Cross as in Tommy Cross? I wouldn't call him a bust. I've seen him play multiple times for BC. He looks like he could be a solid 4-6 defenseman at the NHL level. He's got good vision, breaks up plays well, isn't afraid to hit someone, and has a good shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Hamil lacks killer instinct.  He has skills but lacks the confidence and the fire to use them more productively.  It's been what?  4 years since he last put up any type of significant points?

You can have all the skill in the world, but if you don't go out on the ice with the attitude that you are going to take it to the other team and create some offence then it doesn't matter.  It would be one thing if he was tearing it up in Providence over the past 3 seasons but I think he had the same problem there.  I imagine he had above average skill for the AHL, and yet never really took over there either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He will never be a good NHL player

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Take him for what he is - a call up. I still like him better than Whitfield.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Plus he has to play within the system....And on the 3rd or 4th line, he has responsibilities. Sort of like what held Seguin back last year from producing more. It is what it is. Maybe he'll come out a little more with more games and when he has earned the freedom from the coaching staff to showcase any skill he has. He's a little light in the skates for me, so he needs to put on a few lbs next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

With less than 20 games in the NHL, I won't call him a bust overall, but so far, he sure is a bust for the Bruins.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Less than 20 NHL games, true.

4.5 years as a professional hockey player, also true.

No noticeable improvement in those 4.5 years, also true.

Has plateaud in the AHL at about half a point a game, also true.

So is he an overall bust, safe to say, yes.  After all, you can only say that he is 'officially' a bust when his career ends.

Sections
Shortcuts