Hit the bricks, 52.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Hit the bricks, 52.

What do you folks see as his fate with the Bruins' organization as he hasn't made his mark with them?  Part of a deal if there are any takers?  Career in the minors?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52. :  He is non-wake-up-able.  Coma. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Caron called up to play tomorrow in DC so this could be the beginning of the end for one of them or both.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52.:
    [QUOTE]When Hamill was sent down earlier this year, he had to clear waivers, right?  So anyone could have just put in a claim on him?  Nobody did.  Not one of the other 29 NHL teams thought enough of him to put in a claim and "steal" him from the Bruins. Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Crowls,  he didn't have to pass waivers at the time.   Now he's played enough NHL games that if he were to be sent down he must pass waivers.

BTW  Book , Hamill has played on the line with Krejci on some games although those stints didnt last long.  Wasn't working.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

11:57 left in the first.  Hamill is taking the puck down the left wing boards. The player crashing the net is pretty well tied up.  Hamill has someone on him. 

A few options: 

Try to shake the guy on him by throwing on the brakes.

Stop, face the board and tie it up, wait for help.

Wrap it around the end boards and create a battle along the other wall.

What does he do?  Soft backhanded to the net that is easily scooped up by Fleury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52. : Crowls,  he didn't have to pass waivers at the time.   Now he's played enough NHL games that if he were to be sent down he must pass waivers. BTW  Book , Hamill has played on the line with Krejci on some games although those stints didnt last long.  Wasn't working.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I might be off on that, but this is what I was referencing (from September):

Zach Hamill, the No. 8 overall pick of the 2007 draft, has been placed on waivers with the purpose of being assigned to Providence. TSN first reported the transaction.

This is Hamill’s fourth professional year, but he remains on his entry-level contract, which is good for three seasons for most junior players. Hamill is on an entry-level slide because of his late birth date (Sept. 23, 1988) and when he signed his contract (Aug. 8, 2007).

According to assistant GM Jim Benning, Hamill must clear waivers because he has played in the AHL for three full seasons. The Bruins do not expect Hamill to be claimed.

http://articles.boston.com/2011-09-27/sports/30209200_1_entry-level-contract-waivers-ahl

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]11:57 left in the first.  Hamill is taking the puck down the left wing boards. The player crashing the net is pretty well tied up.  Hamill has someone on him.  A few options:  Try to shake the guy on him by throwing on the brakes. Stop, face the board and tie it up, wait for help. Wrap it around the end boards and create a battle along the other wall. What does he do?  Soft backhanded to the net that is easily scooped up by Fleury.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Not meaning to be argumentative but some coaches feel it's never a bad thing to put the puck on net. I'm not saying I agree but there is some merit in the idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52. : Not meaning to be argumentative but some coaches feel it's never a bad thing to put the puck on net. I'm not saying I agree but there is some merit in the idea.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

A shot on goal is better than no shot on goal.

This wasn't a shot.  It was basically a buddy pass from Hamill to Fleury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52. : A shot on goal is better than no shot on goal. This wasn't a shot.  It was basically a buddy pass from Hamill to Fleury.
    I actually missed the play and was just spit-balling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hamill just had a nice shift 13 minutes into the 2nd. First time he's really been noticeable though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Hamill just had a nice shift 13 minutes into the 2nd. First time he's really been noticeable though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm watching it on delay and was at that exact point when I read your message.

When players get kudos for carrying the puck across the neutral zone, it's time for a roster move.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hit the bricks, 52. : I'm watching it on delay and was at that exact point when I read your message. When players get kudos for carrying the puck across the neutral zone, it's time for a roster move.
    Well, if that's all you saw on that shift then I don't know what to tell you. He did everything right on that shift and there were some scoring chances that came as a result.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Waited before chiming in. I'm watching him closely this game. There is really nothing there. He's not going hard to the net, he's just kind of drifting to the dots, doesn't seem like he wants to get his nose dirty. passes are not creative and really aren't generating any pressure.

Whatever it is he's selling, I'm not buying.

Hit the bricks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And Zach sits today v Caps.

Thank you Bruins staff for improving my viewing experience no matter what Caron does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't know if Zach or Caron are good enough to be the 13th forward for the playoffs, but for me both have shown that they can play in the NHL.  Caron without a doubt. He's taken a step back this year, but I saw enough last year to say he is a solid wing when he gets used to the league.  I wouldn't compare either one to Marchand though, I thought he was good from the get-go, just not scoring much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Consider the bricks hit.  Off he goes to Providence - or somewhere else.  I'd like to think a Columbus or maybe Calgary, who already have a flier on Blake Comeau, will pick him up for the relatively small exposure that is his remaining cap hit - about $439K.  What do they have to lose?  But that might be the goggles....

Fluto's blog post sounds like a post-mortem, like this is it for Hamill.  I guess we'll see what happens at the deadline and with the black aces.  Slim, slim chance he gets some more playing time in Boston before this contract's up. 

As for simply not being a liability, there are team's built on the idea that you invest heavily in the top line guys and populate the bottom of the roster with guys who will kill the clock while the stars rest.

And what the he--, I'll play Hamill's dad for a minute: most kids with offensive talent get risk management and responsibility drilled into them when they get to the pros.  How often has some coach or GM said "we know he can play from their blueline in; we don't think he's ready to play from our blueline in."  Hamill's defensive work has been competent - not Wes Walz is now a Selke candidate good, but it passes muster for the NHL.  Patience will tell if his offense will ever come around, but don't blast the kid for concentrating on the one thing most rooks are told to concentrate on.