Hits close to the boards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Hits close to the boards

This is why we all cringe when we see guys like Kaleta vs Richards. Everyone who plays this game on any level should take note. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/ronny-keller-paraylzed-injury-boards_n_2830598.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D280941

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Hits close to the boards

Saw that....horrible. In a playoff game no less. Not to be dark but I am surprised it does not happen more often....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Freak accident.  Tons of different ways that could have played out.  That exact situation happens all the time in hockey.  I don't see it relating to Kaleta on Richards.  Plus, this player make it back on the ice for the ensuing powerplay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Freak accident.  Tons of different ways that could have played out.  That exact situation happens all the time in hockey.  I don't see it relating to Kaleta on Richards.  Plus, this player make it back on the ice for the ensuing powerplay.

Richards hasn't played since so I think that trumps the 30 seconds of PP time he had after the hit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Probably shouldn't have played that 30 seconds either....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

One  the toughest plays to ever watch. Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Leave to you to put a twist on this. Bottom line -- the guy is paralyzed. You should change your name to Not-A-Clue. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What?  I didn't say anything derogatory about the player.  I pointed out that two players going to the boards with the inside guy shifting his weight back is a common play.