Hockey as entertainment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkandGoldMatter. Show DarkandGoldMatter's posts

Hockey as entertainment

First off let me preface my discussion with the fact that I find many topics on this form interesting, bizarre, informed, uninformed, humorous and the list goes on. My posts or comments might contain all of the above.  What I can’t figure out, are all the posters who do not want to play Montreal in the first round or in the playoffs for that matter. Watching hockey can be related to watching a good movie. You have a protagonist and an antagonist. This is what captures your attention. What better antagonist to a Bruin’s fan/team than Montreal in a playoff series. If they go out in the first round they go out in the first round. All of the posters that want the cup handed to this team (Maybe some of you think this will be the only way they can get it) are not going to get your wish. I can see all, yes all of the teams in the top 8 knocking off the Bruin’s and the Bruin’s knocking off any team in the top 8. Of course they have better chances based on history with some teams than others but once again that is where the interesting aspect of sport comes into play. I hope you enjoy #3 (#6) Boston vs. #6 (#3) Montreal in the first round!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Hockey as entertainment

For me, I'm a Bruin fan in a sea of Hab fans. Of coarse I'm over the moon when we win and like the last time, literally beat them, but man oh man do I take the shots when we lose to them. I'm just as happy to pass them in the first round. But, they are like a bad stink, they keep hanging around and it's inevitable that we are going to face them first. Bring it on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Hockey as entertainment

I say bring on the habs! Not saying we would win but i actualy think we could beat them up playig hard and takeing the body to them in a 7 game series. The habs bring out the best and worse of me as a bruins fan. Last year the first physical team the habs faced in the playoffs they went home in 5 games. Also to the original poster talking about fans wanted a cup handed to us anyone who has followed this team for a long time should know by now there is no such thing. I remember when we beat the cains in 99 I was all excited we got to face the 7 seed Sabres and have home ice oops that didn't work well. Or more recently excited when the cains upset jersey in 09 thinkin we had a cake walk vs the hurricanes and we know how that ended. My point I always wana face the rival team in any sport and don't worry much about matchups if your ment to be a champion it will happen.

Sections
Shortcuts