Hockey Gods...wake up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hockey Gods...wake up

Since the "Basketball Gods" did right by their sport and we saw the correct team win the championship...

...is it too much to ask for the "Hockey Gods" to get off their a$$es and guide the right team to victory in the Stanley Cup?!?  That means no more crossbars for the Bruins damn it.  In hockey equivalence, this Vancouver team has been molesting altar boys for the whole series -- do something about it Oh Great Ones!  Let Hockey justice reign down upon us with furious vengence!

If Alex Burrows and Max Lapierre get to lift the Stanley Cup, then I am officially a hockey atheist.  I'll spend next season loudly pointing out that Tim Thomas has a shut out going with two minutes left in the third period every chance I get...because what's the damn difference...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Re: Hockey Gods...wake up

My particular offering to the Hockey Gods...

If Boston wins this year I promise to be happy if the Cup ends up in Canada next year. IF if that means Toronto, or even Montreal so be it. Yikes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Hockey Gods...wake up:
    [QUOTE]Since the "Basketball Gods" did right by their sport and we saw the correct team win the championship... ...is it too much to ask for the "Hockey Gods" to get off their a$$es and guide the right team to victory in the Stanley Cup?!?  That means no more crossbars for the Bruins damn it.  In hockey equivalence, this Vancouver team has been molesting altar boys for the whole series -- do something about it Oh Great Ones!  Let Hockey justice reign down upon us with furious vengence! If Alex Burrows and Max Lapierre get to lift the Stanley Cup, then I am officially a hockey atheist.  I'll spend next season loudly pointing out that Tim Thomas has a shut out going with two minutes left in the third period every chance I get...because what's the damn difference...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I actually stated this the other day that my faith in the hockey gods and they do this to me.  Lapierre never ever deserves to get his hands on the cup.  Burrows had changed his game.  Guess he is back at it. 

I think I had the hockey god karma subject going for a while.  I will join you in a new religion.  Homerism.  I wanna be the president since I learned all my positive vibes through you.  In fact Fletcher1 will be our church name. 

I hate the hockey gods on this date.  They better make ammends quickly.  Or Fletch and shuperman are taking our ball and net and setting up our own church.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Hockey Gods...wake up:
    [QUOTE]My particular offering to the Hockey Gods... If Boston wins this year I promise to be happy if the Cup ends up in Canada next year. Even if that means Toronto, or even Montreal. Yikes!
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

I'd have to vote for Edmonton or Winnipeg there.

I'll offer to stop snowing the goalie out of spite in my men's league, just because my team is down by 7 goals in the 3rd and I have made 4 egregious turnovers...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hockey Gods...wake up : I actually stated this the other day that my faith in the hockey gods and they do this to me.  Lapierre never ever deserves to get his hands on the cup.  Burrows had changed his game.  Guess he is back at it.  I think I had the hockey god karma subject going for a while.  I will join you in a new religion.  Homerism.  I wanna be the president since I learned all my positive vibes through you.  In fact Fletcher1 will be our church name.  I hate the hockey gods on this date.  They better make ammends quickly.  Or Fletch and shuperman are taking our ball and net and setting up our own church.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I like it!  You just tell me where to sign...

...unless...ahem...something happens by Wednesday to change my mind...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no need for gods here, just 20 hockey players with a refuse to lose attitude. get the job done, it starts tonight! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I hope the Hockey Gods will also take into consideration that the long-suffering, loyal, passionate hockey fans of Vancouver deserve a championship after going 40 years -- the entire life of the franchise -- without one. 

While it's true that the Bruin faithful have been deprived of the sight of one of theirs hoisting the Cup for almost as long, the Hockey Gods should recognize that they have five banners hanging in the rafters already.

Even if you, the passionate fans of Boston feel that some of our players are undeserving (as we feel towards some of yours), surely the fans deserve to celebrate, at least once.  After all, if this series has proven one thing, it must be that Canuck fans take a back seat to no one in their loyalty and support of their team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

i'm sick of the fans here (in Van) planning the parade, talk radio discussing what order the nucks should pass the cup around (henrietta to daniella then to kess or luo).

I hope Luongo has to explain why he gave up bad goals (pucks in his feet from behind the net) and why he choose to talk about TT when Luo is like clockwork for giving up bad goals.

COME ON HKY GODS lappy the lap dog doesnt deserve to touch that cup!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you've got one thing wrong 49-north, none of the canucks deserves to hoist the cup. they've all played a part in this circus- and have taken part in its absurdity. i do love how you're trying to draw paralells, who was bitten and allowed to play the next game getting the game winner for the bruins? who was the guy that had 3 playoff game winners that was cheap shotted by the bruins? who on the bruins continually disrespects the canucks whever there is a microphone present? which coach condones an illegal late hit? which team has a really tough time "staying on their skates"(as pointed out by tv commentators)? whatever helps you sleep at night  buddy.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]I hope the Hockey Gods will also take into consideration that the long-suffering, loyal, passionate hockey fans of Vancouver deserve a championship after going 40 years -- the entire life of the franchise -- without one.  While it's true that the Bruin faithful have been deprived of the sight of one of theirs hoisting the Cup for almost as long, the Hockey Gods should recognize that they have five banners hanging in the rafters already. Even if you, the passionate fans of Boston feel that some of our players are undeserving (as we feel towards some of yours), surely the fans deserve to celebrate, at least once.  After all, if this series has proven one thing, it must be that Canuck fans take a back seat to no one in their loyalty and support of their team.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Name the Bruins player(s) that has seriously wronged the Nucks and doesn't deserve to hoist the cup. Lucic for not avoiding a dangerous hip check by Hamhuis? Horton for getting in the way of a dirty hit? Thomas for checking Sedin? Thomas for slashing Burrows after the same is done to him? Peverley for slashing Bieska?

Out of all the whining that I've seen from Nucks trolls, the only one I can agree with is the Peverley slash which pales in comparison to the Horton hit, slashes on Thomas, going low on Lucic, charging at Marchand (karma would have Sedin injured for charging at him), and all of the other charges that the Nucks have thrown all throughout the series. Bieska wasn't even hurt while the Bs best scorer is out from a late, dirty, and high hit.

Nucks are a dirty team. Period. If they win, the cup will forever be tainted by their cheap play.

Take your bogus commentary back to Vancouver boards you troll.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beanner. Show Beanner's posts

Who gives the other team's players girl's pet names?  Wadda you wanna do - kiss them?  Get back in the closet - you ain't a bruins fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pedro Martinez, the all-time quip artist would say this: "You know I'm tired of hearing about all the hockey gods. I'll drill Gretzky, Rocket Richard, and Burrows in the azz!" 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I see this in the same way that King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans defied the God of Persia.
    And as he said, 'Ready your breakfast and eat hearty for tonight we dine in hell!'

No prisoners! No mercy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Who gives the other team's players girl's pet names?  Wadda you wanna do - kiss them?  Get back in the closet - you ain't a bruins fan.
    Posted by Beanner[/QUOTE]

If they played like men, they'd be treated like men. Calling the Sedin's by womens names is insulting to females.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

deserve, shmeserve, Both teams have played 5 exciting games, which is all we can expect. When Chiarelli picked up Kelly, Peverly, and Kaberle I did not expect our Bruins to be in the final series. They are there, and they have earned the right to play their game with the objective of winning. At the end of the day that is all we can hope and cheer about. They have exceeded expectations by getting this close and deserve our support Go Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I hope the Hockey Gods will also take into consideration that the long-suffering, loyal, passionate hockey fans of Vancouver deserve a championship after going 40 years -- the entire life of the franchise -- without one.  While it's true that the Bruin faithful have been deprived of the sight of one of theirs hoisting the Cup for almost as long, the Hockey Gods should recognize that they have five banners hanging in the rafters already. Even if you, the passionate fans of Boston feel that some of our players are undeserving (as we feel towards some of yours), surely the fans deserve to celebrate, at least once.  After all, if this series has proven one thing, it must be that Canuck fans take a back seat to no one in their loyalty and support of their team.

I'm not sure who you guys hate most on the Bruins team, but watching Burrows and Lapierre score game-winning goals in this series has shaken any Hockey-God fearing fan to their very core.  Two of my least favorite players in all of sport.

So it's not so much about Vancouver (love the city) or the fans really.  It's Burrows and Lapierre diving, biting and taunting; it's Vignault and Luongo bad-mouthing Thomas; it's Rome telling Horton to keep his head up; it's the Sedins acting like soccer players as they fall to the ice like a sniper shot them when they get bumped; and it's the fans pretending this is Canada vs. the USA...

...it's just too many insults to our fair game for me.  And yeah, I'm 35.  I've never seen my team win a Cup either.

The God's must be crazy...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

well said fletch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

[QUOTE]Who gives the other team's players girl's pet names?  Wadda you wanna do - kiss them?  Get back in the closet - you ain't a bruins fan.
    Posted by Beanner[/QUOTE]

they're called the sisters here you idiot. aint a b's fan...nice coming from a "2" post wonder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

49, which specific Bruins players do you feel undeserving? Did somebody bite 1 of your guys? Was someone suspended for a vicious hit? What did these guys do to get under your skin..........?
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beanner. Show Beanner's posts

givin guys a chix name says a lot about what kind of guy you are - you got eye-liner on under that mask?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Hockey Gods...wake up:
    [QUOTE]Since the "Basketball Gods" did right by their sport and we saw the correct team win the championship... ...is it too much to ask for the "Hockey Gods" to get off their a$$es and guide the right team to victory in the Stanley Cup?!?  That means no more crossbars for the Bruins damn it.  In hockey equivalence, this Vancouver team has been molesting altar boys for the whole series -- do something about it Oh Great Ones!  Let Hockey justice reign down upon us with furious vengence! If Alex Burrows and Max Lapierre get to lift the Stanley Cup, then I am officially a hockey atheist.  I'll spend next season loudly pointing out that Tim Thomas has a shut out going with two minutes left in the third period every chance I get...because what's the damn difference...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I just spit coffee on my monitor. Fletchington Steele is on a roll........
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Sedin sisters.....as dubbed by canucks bandwagon fans here (in the city of Vancouver). when they suck they are called the "Sedin Sisters". I didnt make it up, but I'll take credit for it!?!?!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Since it worked thelast time I posted it....

*bows head*

Our Fathers, who art in Boston
    Chiarelli, Julien and Neely be thy names.
    Thy will be done, the cup be won
    On ice, as well as in the stands.
    Give us this day, our hockey sticks,
    And forgive us our penalties,
    As we forgive those who cross-check against us,
    Lead us not into elimination,
    But deliver us to victory.
    In the name of the fans, Lord Stanley,
    In the name of the Bruins

Amen

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

red...now this is a religion i could get used to. GO BRUINS!!!!!!! one game at a time boys. one game at a time.