Hockey Gods...wake up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Hockey Gods...wake up

In Response to Re: Hockey Gods...wake up:
    [QUOTE] I see this in the same way that King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans defied the God of Persia. And as he said, 'Ready your breakfast and eat hearty for tonight we dine in hell!' No prisoners! No mercy!
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

You do know they ended up losing and everybody died, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

The hockey gods will start looking kindly upon our Bruins when Tim Thomas starts pumping Loungo's tires:-)

If Clod plays Seguin more, the hockey gods will reward the Bruins with a big goal during game 7 on Wednesday night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

49th, you will get your wish this week, one team that has not won in 40 years will win the cup.  If you are looking to find a warm fuzzy place to air your loyalty to your team, then you kinda are a bit maligned in your thoughts by visiting here.  Read up above!, anyway, you are a homer, unwilling to see any point of view but what is projected by the team Canuck!  At least I can view Marchand as a rat, but he fights.  Burrows burrows his head to take a bite out of hockey integrity, Rome chrome doned Horton then said he would do it again (? = dumb) and your goalie is worthy of high school teenage logic (no one likes me!).  The best team will win.  Next year maybe you will.  If the Bs do lose you should come back and be civil.  If you lose then you should post, after Boston's first two wins your avatar was not seen by this poster.  Got to love hockey, Boston has put it back in the TV spotlight!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

A couple of things to set the record straight:

"Boston Pizza" is a company based in a Vancouver suburb.  It's not owned by the Canucks, and the team did not suggest, in any way, shape or form, that they change their name.

Also, the League ruled that "there was no evidence to support the allegation that Burrows bit Bergeron", and thus, there was no suspension. This is the same office which ruled that Rome's hit (penalized for INTERFERENCE, not Charging, Elbowing or Boarding) warranted an unprecedented 4 game suspension in the Stanley Cup Finals.  You can't accept one, and whine about the other.  I recall earlier in the season, that everyone on the Bruins' side cheerfully accepted the league's ruling that Chara's hit on Pachioretty was "a hockey play".  So please, don't be hypocrites and say that only league rulings that go your way are correct, and those that go against you are travesties of justice.

Of course, I'm a homer. Guilty as charged.  As are all of you.  As most of you have noticed (and which I appreciate), I am not a "troll", in the classic sense.  I am here to engage in reasonable dialogue with fans who are as passionate as me, but are willing to do so in a manner that doesn't denigrate into schoolyard taunts.  If you wish to do that to me, then so be it.  It speaks volumes about the taunter.  I post on Canucks fan sites as well, but I tire of the one-sided dialogue and, yes, of the immature rants that I see there as well.

And, as I've said many times.  I hope that, no matter what happens, that fans will understand that what is done and said on the ice and in press conferences is replaced IMMEDIATELY following the final whistle by handshakes,  congratulations and comments like "hope to see you here again in the Final next year".  Above all else that this great game represents, I respect that gesture the most.  It sets an example for all fans, of all teams.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Seguin gets 14-15 minutes - Bruins win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

in 94' i was pulling for the canucks, the city was charged-up.

This is not the 94' canucks...no respect for this collection of "players" wearing an orca on the front.

No stand-up guys on this Canucks team...not one (I liked Bieksa until he opened his mouth).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The Dallas Stars, Carolina Hurricanes, and Anaheim Mighty Ducks have all won the Cup in the not-too-distant past. And you think that the Hockey Gods are BENEVOLENT Gods?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]A couple of things to set the record straight: "Boston Pizza" is a company based in a Vancouver suburb.  It's not owned by the Canucks, and the team did not suggest, in any way, shape or form, that they change their name. Also, the League ruled that "there was no evidence to support the allegation that Burrows bit Bergeron", and thus, there was no suspension. This is the same office which ruled that Rome's hit (penalized for INTERFERENCE, not Charging, Elbowing or Boarding) warranted an unprecedented 4 game suspension in the Stanley Cup Finals.  You can't accept one, and whine about the other.  I recall earlier in the season, that everyone on the Bruins' side cheerfully accepted the league's ruling that Chara's hit on Pachioretty was "a hockey play".  So please, don't be hypocrites and say that only league rulings that go your way are correct, and those that go against you are travesties of justice. Of course, I'm a homer. Guilty as charged.  As are all of you.  As most of you have noticed (and which I appreciate), I am not a "troll", in the classic sense.  I am here to engage in reasonable dialogue with fans who are as passionate as me, but are willing to do so in a manner that doesn't denigrate into schoolyard taunts.  If you wish to do that to me, then so be it.  It speaks volumes about the taunter.  I post on Canucks fan sites as well, but I tire of the one-sided dialogue and, yes, of the immature rants that I see there as well. And, as I've said many times.  I hope that, no matter what happens, that fans will understand that what is done and said on the ice and in press conferences is replaced IMMEDIATELY following the final whistle by handshakes,  congratulations and comments like "hope to see you here again in the Final next year".  Above all else that this great game represents, I respect that gesture the most.  It sets an example for all fans, of all teams.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

No evidence was conveniently hidden when Burrows burrowed his head to take a bite.  What, check the rules on the suspension my friend, the NHL does not suspend a player without due cause....me thinks that is homer land!  Not a homer here, Paille's hit was not accepted on these boards at all.  Ference's finger gesture was not accepted by the more dedicated posters on this board. What else can be said!?  BTW, I don't have time to write on the cheering thread on boston.com, but I think you will be impressed if Vancouver wins tonight.  Boston fans have class.  There are some who I would question.  Of course I understand the Vancouver fans are just as pure as the driven snow off of the sound!  Cheers!  Go Bs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

If there are any  hockey gods the bruins will take the next two games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

add tampa to that list...so no not benevolent at all.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

49 - Pacioretty knew the hit would come if he continued on, he went anyways, was going after the puck, and tried to squeeze in between Chara and the boards.

Horton had no clue that Rome was going to blow him up, wasn't going after the puck, and was watching the play.

If you can't see a major difference there, I can't help you.

As far as the Horton hit goes, I thought it should have been 2 but think the 4 is deserving since he did go high on him and it wasn't part of the play. It was a dangerous hit.

The Burrows bite did happen even though you want to claim it didn't.

I haven't seen much class on the side of Vancouver all series. No class = no respect from me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]My particular offering to the Hockey Gods... If Boston wins this year I promise to be happy if the Cup ends up in Canada next year. IF if that means Toronto, or even Montreal so be it. Yikes!
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]
    Hear hear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]in 94' i was pulling for the canucks, the city was charged-up. This is not the 94' canucks...no respect for this collection of "players" wearing an orca on the front. No stand-up guys on this Canucks team...not one (I liked Bieksa until he opened his mouth).
    Posted by HABH8R[/QUOTE]

I agree the Vancouver Canucks were captained by someone with class.  If the Bruins had played that team and lost I would still be disappointed, but you could live with it.  This group of Canucks may be talented but it is way overshadowed by their whining, poor sportsmanship and disrespect for the refs and their opponents.  They may win the Cup but they will never get the respect and adulation that they are so desperately seeking, outside of their own fans, Bruin hating fans (mostly Hans fans) and the part time hockey fans in Canada who have no clue but cheer for them because they are a Canadian based team.  The rest of the knowledgebale fans and players will never give you respect you want so Roberto you will have to pump your own tires!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Were we all on acid that night?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    I can only speak for myself when I say..........yes, a little bit...........I know I still saw a bite though.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!   2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

I couldve choked down a B's loss to the 94' team, but not this time around. I have to live in this city and will be reminded for years to come.

I will never back this Canucks team as long as this core is together.

B's have to win one in my lifetime...even if its on my deathbed, i'll take it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]you've got one thing wrong 49-north, none of the canucks deserves to hoist the cup. they've all played a part in this circus- and have taken part in its absurdity. i do love how you're trying to draw paralells, who was bitten and allowed to play the next game getting the game winner for the bruins? who was the guy that had 3 playoff game winners that was cheap shotted by the bruins? who on the bruins continually disrespects the canucks whever there is a microphone present? which coach condones an illegal late hit? which team has a really tough time "staying on their skates"(as pointed out by tv commentators)? whatever helps you sleep at night  buddy.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    you really need to let all the extra after the whistle stuff go.  the bruins are far from angles.  between the whistles we are down a game.  if you wanna blame everything the media has hyped go ahead.  thats your right.  if we lose the better team won.  if we win we are the better team. no one will care about the bite or the dive or the the lack of PP goals or who trash talked who.  The captain who raises the cup is what everyone will remember.  I hope its Big Z

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Man people on here thinks our poo-poo doesnt stink. 
    We are the all angel team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

No "gods" required. Just some guts, determination and hard play by the Bruins for 60 mins. That ought to do it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey Gods...wake up : I can only speak for myself when I say..........yes, a little bit...........I know I still saw a bite though. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!   2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I hear ya Dez Dispener (of hockey wisdom).  Booze combined with tension, a nagging sense of injustice, and raging pride in the black and gold is medically known to cause bouts of hallucination...

Burrows was also hallucinating and mistook Bergeron's gloved finger for Lapierre's...uhgg...nevermind...family show here...

"Though shalt not bite thine opponent and yet be allowed to taint our Lord's cup with the filthy kiss of a canibal and a sinner" Shore, 7:16

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thank you.  Now, finish the job on Wednesday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

They are listening.  They have to be listening. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Luongo on the bench after 8 shots.  The Hockey Gods speak.