Hockey hating ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Hockey hating ESPN

In Response to Re: Hockey hating ESPN:
    In Response to Re: Hockey hating ESPN : I'm really not sure who that is?  Dave Starman? The thing that irks me about ESPN is not just that they chose more popular sports to cover than hockey (after hockey helped build the company), but that as soon as they dropped the NHL they kicked hockey fans to the curb with gusto.  It was like their was a company-wide directive to mock hockey and its fans.  The talk radio guys will hang up on any caller who tries to mention hockey, while they have totally inane discussions about the NBA, which nobody cares about either.  Most shows, including Sportscenter, are fully committed to building the value of ESPN's current contracts (NBA, College Football, etc.) rather than providing sports coverage.  It's a 30-minute commercial for ESPN.  No thanks. That, and the sickening sense of self-importance they all have.  Everyone from ESPN thinks they're a celebrity now.  And why not?  They're all about celebrating the individual whether it be their own staff or in their schoolgirl-crush method of journalism for guys like A-rod, Brett Farve, Lebron James, etc.  They're a total joke to me -- everything that is wrong with sports coverage.  But, who cares?  I can watch all the hockey I want without them.  I hope the NHL never goes back.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Got it !
    It's one thing to go with ratings . It's the attitude that has the U.S. based hockey fans hating ESPN.  I don't blame you guys then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I used really like ESPN when they aired hockey gm's, would have the late gm's on ESPN2 and had the nightly show NHL Tonight. When they dropped those things I stopped watching most of the time. The only show they have now that remotely interests me is Baseball tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Hockey hating ESPN:
    In Response to Re: Hockey hating ESPN :  No thanks. That, and the sickening sense of self-importance they all have.  Everyone from ESPN thinks they're a celebrity now.  And why not?  They're all about celebrating the individual whether it be their own staff or in their schoolgirl-crush method of journalism for guys like A-rod, Brett Farve, Lebron James, etc.  They're a total joke to me -- everything that is wrong with sports coverage.  But, who cares?  I can watch all the hockey I want without them.  I hope the NHL never goes back.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I agree w/ this Fletch 100%. That idiot Stuart Scott goes around saying "cool as the other side of the pillow". Most people think thats his catch phrase. No that was the late Jack Bucks catch phrase during Cardinal baseball gm's. Not once have I ever heard that fool give any credit to Buck. Their anchors act like people actually tune in to see them, fools. Ok I will tune in to see Erin Andrews.

Sections
Shortcuts