Hockey in America

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hockey in America

Of the 50 United States, guess which state is #14 on most players?

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2014/06/17/u-s-hockey-participation-numbers-for-2013-14/" rel="nofollow">http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2014/06/17/u-s-hockey-participation-numbers-for-2013-14/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hockey in America

Goddamn.  This forum is so pathetic.  Can't even post a link without issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This is how to do it.

Post the link, save.

Then edit the link and remove " rel= and everything that follows that they tack on for some God unknown reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

son of a... they took it out!  Now you can't go back and edit it and fix it.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2014/06/17/u-s-hockey-participation-numbers-for-2013-14/

BDC - you suck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Ridiculous that northern states like VT NH Maine and IL don't have as much participation as they should.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I googled it and found it that way.

Florida at #14. And they weren't one of the faster growing states so they were ranked similarly last year I assume.

Chick hockey grew by 2.33%. Red will be pleased :)

I'd like to see these numbers adjusted for population and see where they rank. That would be more indicative to me of how popular the sport is in each particular state.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Hawaii grew by 58.3%. Let's move an NHL team there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And put them in the Eastern Conference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:[QUOTE]

Hawaii grew by 58.3%. Let's move an NHL team there. [/QUOTE]

Heh...you have a birth certificate for proof of there US Hockey Citizenship ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey!  now they let me fix the link!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea that all started when I got thrown in the drunk tank in Honolulu on May 14, 2010. What a terrible day that was! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Nice to see such a big uptick in ND, but it's always bugged me that their playing population is so low. I know it's a low population state, but one would think they'd still have more players than that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice to see such a big uptick in ND, but it's always bugged me that their playing population is so low. I know it's a low population state, but one would think they'd still have more players than that.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Red!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hi Red!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Nite - sorry busy with life elsewrhere. Get my letter yet? (I sent it a little later than I intended, kept forgetting to actually put it in the box)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why I wonder what the rankings would look like adjusted for population. Hockey players per capita type of thing.  ND would move up quite a bit I bet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Massachusetts Hockey!  Fruits of the strength of the program will be seen in next year's draft; Jack Eichel (Chelmsford), Noah Hanifin (Norwood) & Colin White (Hanover) potentially in the top-5 of the 2015 draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Massachusetts Hockey!  Fruits of the strength of the program will be seen in next year's draft; Jack Eichel (Chelmsford), Noah Hanifin (Norwood) & Colin White (Hanover) potentially in the top-5 of the 2015 draft.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/2014njecroster

Not real happy the US left Hanifan off the Junior evaluation camp. Don't know if that had to do with him accelerating his courses at BC or not. Anthony Florentino from West Roxbury was invited along with Eichel. 

PS. Nobody from Florida invited...just sayin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/2014njecroster" rel="nofollow">http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/2014njecroster

Not real happy the US left Hanifan off the Junior evaluation camp. Don't know if that had to do with him accelerating his courses at BC or not. Anthony Florentino from West Roxbury was invited along with Eichel. 

PS. Nobody from Florida invited...just sayin.

[/QUOTE]

Who is the last Mass kid to go in the top-5?  I looked quickly, Ryan Whitney in 2002?  Sounds like Eichel and Hanifin are expected in the top-3 and White within the next few picks. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That hockey hotbed of Florida!

Dallas Eakins     1993 2002 D 120 0 9 9 6 208 1967-02-27 Dade City
    Blake Geoffrion  2011 2012 C 55 8 5 13 3 34 1988-02-03 Plantation
    Dan Hinote        2000 2009 RW 503 38 52 90 -16 383 1977-01-30 Leesburg
    Val James         1982 1987 LW 11 0 0 0 -1 30 1957-02-14 Ocala

Look out LoL

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dallas Eakins     1993 2002 D 120 0 9 9 6 208 1967-02-27 Dade City
    Blake Geoffrion  2011 2012 C 55 8 5 13 3 34 1988-02-03 Plantation
    Dan Hinote        2000 2009 RW 503 38 52 90 -16 383 1977-01-30 Leesburg
    Val James         1982 1987 LW 11 0 0 0 -1 30 1957-02-14 Ocala

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

There are only 13 states that have more USA Hockey enrollments.  I wasn't aware that people needed to make the NHL in order to be hockey players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hi Red!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Nite - sorry busy with life elsewrhere. Get my letter yet? (I sent it a little later than I intended, kept forgetting to actually put it in the box)

[/QUOTE]

No I haven't actually. How long ago did you sent it? I've been working away myself & no one has seen it yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Definitely due for a bumper crop from Mass next year.  Maybe the next Tkachuk, Amonte, Roenick, Leetch group...tired of clinging to those guys.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2011/07/south-floridas-newest-export-hockey-

players.html

A little update on the last Florida hockey prospect discussion.

"Malcolm Lyles left for Massachusetts when he was 13, rooming with his brother. Malcolm ended

up spending two seasons at Boston College after prep school, but left there because of a lack

of playing time and development. He moved even further from home, spending last season with the

Vernon Vipers of the British Columbia Hockey League. He'll finish his collegiate career at

UMass-Lowell."

Malcolm Lyles Miami Gardens, FL - 21 games with Pensacola of the SPHL 23 years young.

"Andrew Yogan became the first Florida born-and-raised player to be drafted by the NHL last

summer, taken in the fourth round by the New York Rangers. Yogan moved from South Florida to be

noticed by scouts and he was, drafted by the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League. From

there, all of his games were watched by NHL scouts."

Andrew Yogan Coral Springs, FL - 16 games with Greenville of the ECHL 22 years old.

“It wasn't easy but it was better hockey, better exposure for him to play division I college

hockey,'' said Joe Casacci, whose son Nick moved to play hockey at a prep school in Kent,

Connecticut, after his sophomore year at St. Thomas Aquinas High."

Nick Casacci Ft. Lauderdale - last seen playing 13 games with Suny-Potsdam.

"Suellentrop went to Detroit where he played Tier 1 hockey for the powerhouse Compuware

program. Like Yogan, Suellentrop ended up in the OHL. Yogan and Suellentrop may have been the

rare Florida kid on a Canadian junior team, but there are more coming."

Colin Suellentrop Plantation, FL - 67 games with Oshawa 23 points at 21.

"And then there is defenseman Malcolm Lyles. Lyles grew up in Miami Gardens and would have

attended Carol City or American high schools had he stayed in South Florida. “Neither of those

schools even have a hockey team,'' he said. Lyles and his brother Milton both played for the

Junior Wolves travel hockey team out of Pembroke Pines but left to attend school in the Boston

area."

Malcolm Lyles Miami Gardens, FL - 21 games with Pensacola of the SPHL 23 years young.

"Nathan Glass, who left Aquinas last year, was recently drafted by the Otters and is draft-

eligible next summer."

Nathan Glass Weston, Fl. Last played in the OHL/QMJHL 38 games with 9 points at 20 years old.

Hot bed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't understand your approach, Sandog.  The stat was about number of people who play, not number of people who have gone on to play professionally.  Everyone always says no one follows hockey here.  Well, considering these stats, I'd say people do!

I don't know how many natives of Florida follow the game, but I have met plenty of people who are diehard fans from many different places.  Sadly, most are from NY/PHI/PITT, but a hockey fan of a hated team is much better than an NBA fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hi Red!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No I haven't actually. How long ago did you sent it? I've been working away myself & no one has seen it yet.

[/QUOTE]

About a week - good old Canada Post. It should show up this week.

Sections
Shortcuts