Hockey Minus Stupidity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hockey Minus Stupidity

The last Bruins fight was Campbell vs. Kaleta in the game on 2/10.  Six games, no fights, nine of a possible 12 points.

I guess the B's don't need the staged fights from the skating clown to propel them to victory.

Speaking of the skating clown, how are these stats his stats since he returned from his beating?

7gp, 0-0-0, 2PIM

Come on, Chiarelli!  Bring up someone from Providence!

Hey, listen, the team is winning, so I really don't want to see any changes, but I sort of do.  If nothing else, it would be more fun to root for one of the prospects and watch one of them perform in the NHL than to see the empty 22 jersey lagging behind the play and getting burned by every puck carrier on the ice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Re: Hockey Minus Stupidity

While I've liked having ST on the 4th line, he's just not keeping up this year. It's time to give another player some ice time. Claude may need to re-think the 4th line if Paille gets bumped up to 3rd line duty in place of Bourque.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I want ST for his threatening physical presence, ok, that means punching people in the face. If that is not available, then I'm not sure what value he has on the ice.

I want the abominable - not the bumble  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The last Bruins fight was Campbell vs. Kaleta in the game on 2/10.  Six games, no fights, nine of a possible 12 points.

I guess the B's don't need the staged fights from the skating clown to propel them to victory.

Speaking of the skating clown, how are these stats his stats since he returned from his beating?

7gp, 0-0-0, 2PIM

Come on, Chiarelli!  Bring up someone from Providence!

Hey, listen, the team is winning, so I really don't want to see any changes, but I sort of do.  If nothing else, it would be more fun to root for one of the prospects and watch one of them perform in the NHL than to see the empty 22 jersey lagging behind the play and getting burned by every puck carrier on the ice.

Or even Pandolfo will be a better choice. The Bruins can even take care of themselves if need be, w/o Thornton. Time to trade Shawn, don't care about what the return is. If no response then waiver time.

I do not know who will be a fit from Prov., but i agree with this post 99.9%. Yes NAS I am a fan of hockey that likes the odd fight, if only it has purpose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ya know NAS, I'm going to have to say I agree with you on this. I really do like the fact that the B's don't have to always play Big Bad Bruins hockey & they're winning. I just hope that they show that identity when it's needed. Even though I like ST, because he had a role & comapred to the other enforcers, or in your language "skating clowns" he was one of the better talented ones. Since he got knocked out he hasn't been the same player. ST's place & role just may maybe over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't want bring up the Scott fight again but since then ST does look different, even the way he's been playing .  Is more than just his ego?  Last game against the NYI he did look more engaged physically than he has since his return.

Next week they play the Leafs and he will be asked to drop the gloves, let's see what happens.  If he's not asked ..... I will start to wonder about the designated fighters in each team and their code.  Are they respecting the fact he got a concussion therefore not inviting ST to fight ?  In all the games he's been back not one of these guys approached ST to drop them.  I find that weird, especially with the motivation factor these fights generate with the crowd when you're behind on the scoreboard in your own building.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I don't want bring up the Scott fight again but since then ST does look different, even the way he's been playing .  Is more than just his ego?  Last game against the NYI he did look more engaged physically than he has since his return.

Next week they play the Leafs and he will be asked to drop the gloves, let's see what happens.  If he's not asked ..... I will start to wonder about the designated fighters in each team and their code.  Are they respecting the fact he got a concussion therefore not inviting ST to fight ?  In all the games he's been back not one of these guys approached ST to drop them.  I find that weird, especially with the motivation factor these fights generate with the crowd when you're behind on the scoreboard in your own building.

Colton Orr does not care.  An even better stat is count his hits since the fight.  Hes taking up ice time doing nothing.  The Leafs are a tough team.  Its long overdue to get rid of him and find a cheaper replacement.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

With today's social media frenzy it's more likely that ST is sending a tweet, text, or message of some sort saying he's not ready yet. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think he could have some activity tonight, if he plays.  Ottawa seems to have a habit of getting Bruins skill players to fight their tough guys.  Neil vs. Seidenberg, Lucic vs. Carkner, Horton vs. Smith, Chara vs. Neil, etc.

If Thornton wants to do his job (which seems questionable right now), he needs to be the guy to fight other team's thugs, if a fight needs to happen.  That's his value to me -- keeping the Bruins other tough, but skilled, players on the ice and away from that nonsense.  If Lucic wants to fight, fine, but I'd prefer he fight real players (Neil's okay), not 4th line tough guys.  I know Carkner is gone now, but if I see Horton fight Smith again, Thornton is officially not doing his job.  

Better yet, give Thornton a rest, put a skill guy in there and have McQuaid worry about Neil if he gets out of line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

well said Maritimers.  Something has to give ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

While I've liked having ST on the 4th line, he's just not keeping up this year. It's time to give another player some ice time. Claude may need to re-think the 4th line if Paille gets bumped up to 3rd line duty in place of Bourque.

Julien is very loyal to his vets and i'm not saying it in a bad way. I agree though I would like to see Johnson and MacDermid skate more becuase as I have said before "what is the use for drafting if you aren't going to let your prospects play in NHL games".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think he could have some activity tonight, if he plays.  Ottawa seems to have a habit of getting Bruins skill players to fight their tough guys.  Neil vs. Seidenberg, Lucic vs. Carkner, Horton vs. Smith, Chara vs. Neil, etc.

If Thornton wants to do his job (which seems questionable right now), he needs to be the guy to fight other team's thugs, if a fight needs to happen.  That's his value to me -- keeping the Bruins other tough, but skilled, players on the ice and away from that nonsense.  If Lucic wants to fight, fine, but I'd prefer he fight real players (Neil's okay), not 4th line tough guys.  I know Carkner is gone now, but if I see Horton fight Smith again, Thornton is officially not doing his job.  

Better yet, give Thornton a rest, put a skill guy in there and have McQuaid worry about Neil if he gets out of line.

Why wouldn't Horton fight Smith?  If Neil is a "real" player, than so is Smith.  He plays 15:15 per game.  I don't see any player on Ottawa that falls into the "skating clown" classification.  If Horton, Lucic, et all want to go with someone, then go. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Love watching Mcquaid scap! Imo he's the one that fights with the most anger. As much as Pierre Maquire drives me nuts. Last yr he said that McQuaid's name is out there as one of the fiercest fighters in the league. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

They don't need Thornton, nor do they need staged fights to win games. If something out of line happens they have McQuaid, Lucic, Chara, and Campbell always is willing to be a human punching bag. 

Unfortunately Thornton is too loved by the organization and will continue to get his spot in the lineup imo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Why wouldn't Horton fight Smith?  If Neil is a "real" player, than so is Smith.  He plays 15:15 per game.  I don't see any player on Ottawa that falls into the "skating clown" classification.  If Horton, Lucic, et all want to go with someone, then go. 

Concussions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Concussions.

Are you saying that Horton should never fight again?  If you don't think that Horton should fight Smith because of concussions, even though he outweighs Zack by about 15 lbs., are you in favor of re-signing Nathan?  I surely wouldn't sign him to a market value contract if as a power forward, he shouldn't be fighting Zack Smith.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I agree. Time for Paille to ride shotgun with Kelly and Peverly, and let Bourque skate around aimlessly with Campbell and a P-Bruin of choice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If we traded for a winger with significant scoring talent (looking like a real possibility), we could put said winger on the third line, drop Kelly to the fourth, and roll four lines again.  The fourth line would be a great defensive line w/ Kelly, Campbell, and Paille.

And our third line: Acquired Winger, Pevs, Bourque would be a decent scoring line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The third line has no physical presence on it. They need a big body to make space for them I think. Kelly on the 4th? Sure. Paille on the 3rd? Eh not so much. I like Paille and Campbell together. The 4th line has been dismal this season. They get over worked frequently and are stuck in zone more than I would prefer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I agree. Time for Paille to ride shotgun with Kelly and Peverly, and let Bourque skate around aimlessly with Campbell and a P-Bruin of choice.

That's good stuff!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Both the 3rd & 4th lines have been dismal this season!  I would not be against any of the being involved in a trade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Concussions.

Are you saying that Horton should never fight again?  If you don't think that Horton should fight Smith because of concussions, even though he outweighs Zack by about 15 lbs., are you in favor of re-signing Nathan?  I surely wouldn't sign him to a market value contract if as a power forward, he shouldn't be fighting Zack Smith.  

I don't care how many minutes of ice Smith sees. Horton shouldn't bother with him because it's an awful trade off. Of course he'd like to fight Horton because Smith's career high is 26 points. Let him fight 4th liners if he wants to go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I don't care how many minutes of ice Smith sees. Horton shouldn't bother with him because it's an awful trade off. Of course he'd like to fight Horton because Smith's career high is 26 points. Let him fight 4th liners if he wants to go.

So a fight should be based on points and not emotion?  Are you saying that you are in favor of the "skating clowns" then?  Obviously Smith is not in Horton's caliber of talent, but if Smith is on the checking line, matched up against Horton's line at times during the contest, and he takes a run at Horton, you want him to walk away?  I stated that I don't believe that Ottawa has any "skating clowns" and that all their guys seem to be "real players", so if Horton wants to go with Smith he should.  I didn't say Horton should go with Smith just because Smith wants to go with Horton.  It's not like Smith is Orr, Scott, Parros, etc...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Could not agree more.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So a fight should be based on points and not emotion?  Are you saying that you are in favor of the "skating clowns" then?  Obviously Smith is not in Horton's caliber of talent, but if Smith is on the checking line, matched up against Horton's line at times during the contest, and he takes a run at Horton, you want him to walk away?  I stated that I don't believe that Ottawa has any "skating clowns" and that all their guys seem to be "real players", so if Horton wantsto go with Smith he should.  I didn't say Horton should go with Smith just because Smith wants to go with Horton.  It's not like Smith is Orr, Scott, Parros, etc...

You don't want your first line winger going off  for 5 minutes with the opposing team's 4rth line center on any occasion.....

Sections
Shortcuts