Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto

There are always articles on the leafs no matter the time of the year and on all sorts of subjects.  Here is an example in today's Toronto Star.  It is interesting but some might say who cares - I just care what they do on the ice.  I like the wannabee champions label.  I wonder if we would ever get an article in Boston on the daily nutrition the actual Champions prescribe to.  Needless to say it worked.  Come on Boston sportswriters, give us Bruins fans more info on our Stanley Cup Champions.  I don't care that it is July.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto

In Response to Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto:
    [QUOTE]There are always articles on the leafs no matter the time of the year and on all sorts of subjects.  Here is an example in today's Toronto Star.  It is interesting but some might say who cares - I just care what they do on the ice.  I like the wannabee champions label.  I wonder if we would ever get an article in Boston on the daily nutrition the actual Champions prescribe to.  Needless to say it worked.  Come on Boston sportswriters, give us Bruins fans more info on our Stanley Cup Champions.  I don't care that it is July. http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1021453--the-breakfast-lunch-dinner-and-snacks-of-wannabe-champions
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

The Leafs are a 24/7 year round industry.  The other Toronto sports franchises don't compare in coverage or the consciousness of folks up here.  T. O. is definitely a Leaf town but not necessarily a hockey town.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I listen to 590 on-line (I like Steven Brunt and Jeff Blair). If you only went by that station you wouldn't even know that the Argos, Rock and TFC existed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto:
    [QUOTE]I listen to 590 on-line (I like Steven Brunt and Jeff Blair). If you only went by that station you wouldn't even know that the Argos, Rock and TFC existed.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

red - Bang on!  At least Brunt, Blair and THE FAN's star voice Bob McCown have some objectivity about them.  Other members of their on-air staff barely attempt to conceal their decidely blue and white inclinations.  Sports director Doug Farraway is one such individual. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto : red - Bang on!  At least Brunt, Blair and THE FAN's star voice Bob McCown have some objectivity about them.  Other members of their on-air staff barely attempt to conceal their decidely blue and white inclinations.  Sports director Doug Farraway is one such individual. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I like McCown too - the only guy in town who looks at some of the other sports in town like horseracing and the like - though he can be grating at times.

The worst of the worst is Krystal. He seems to think the country begins at Pickering and ends at Mississauga.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Leafs in Toronto = Red Sox in Boston.

365 days a year.

PS red, I like Mississauga.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I know.  I would like it if the Bruins got anywhere close to the coverage the Red Sox do. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

could you imagine if they actually had a hockey team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Do they have as many pink hats up there as there are here in Sox Nation?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I fear what would happen in Toronto if the Leafs won another Cup.  They would probably insist upon a national holiday.  Doubt that they could match us Vancouverites for riots, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto : I like McCown too - the only guy in town who looks at some of the other sports in town like horseracing and the like - though he can be grating at times. The worst of the worst is Krystal. He seems to think the country begins at Pickering and ends at Mississauga.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Good point on Krystal.  I'm glad the station moved him from being their morning man.  Clearly his acidic personality so early in the day got on the nerves of others besides my own.  I thought Stellick and Landry were fine during the AM drive time.  Management let go long-time Leaf beat reporter Howard Berger.  He, also, played no favourites when giving his views on the team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I fear what would happen in Toronto if the Leafs won another Cup.  They would probably insist upon a national holiday.  Doubt that they could match us Vancouverites for riots, though.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

49 - In the days of Sundin, Belfour, Tucker and McCabe when the Leafs would qualify for the post-season, folks would drive up and down Yonge St. waving Leaf flags after a single Leaf win!  I can't imagine what it would be like if they went all the way.  Bananas, more than likely. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

If they ever win I may have to go on vacation for a month.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]If they ever win I may have to go on vacation for a month.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]
    I don't think you'll be going on vacation for awhile.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/1022420--the-leafs-james-reimer-the-man-behind-the-mask

Case in point.  This was the main article and picture on the front cover of today's Toronto Star.  Absolutely all-Leafs all the time. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto : I don't think you'll be going on vacation for awhile.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Hope you are right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/1022420--the-leafs-james-reimer-the-man-behind-the-mask Case in point.  This was the main article and picture on the front cover of today's Toronto Star.  Absolutely all-Leafs all the time. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

You do have to love the passion they have for their team but when you are not a fan and you hear some of the ludicrous conversations and coverage of a team that has not been in the play-offs since 2004, it can drive you crazy.  With the Bruins winning the Cup however I am finding it much easier to handle.  That is why I just smiled when a friend of mine who cheers for the leafs was talking about Tyler Biggs last night.  After a few blue and white games he already has this guy who was drafted 20 something, in the leafs line-up scoring 40 goals and beating up or hammering any NHL heavyweight who comes his way.  This is the mentality in leafland and again these people are supposed to be knowledgeable hockey fans.  I know many of us were perhaps a tad over-optimistic in his 1st year and are still really pumped about Tyler, but man at least he was a 2nd pick (in the discussion to be 1st) overall and has shown glimpses of havingt the tool to be a star.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Leafs in Toronto = Red Sox in Boston. 365 days a year. PS red, I like Mississauga.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I like it too SFI, but there's 3,000 miles of country still to the West of it that Krystal doesn't think exists, and Krystal is nationally syndicated. When he occassionlly does talk about the rest of the country it's only to insult it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey Season All Year Round in Toronto : I like it too SFI, but there's 3,000 miles of country still to the West of it that Krystal doesn't think exists, and Krystal is nationally syndicated. When he occassionlly does talk about the rest of the country it's only to insult it.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    red, that joker Krystal was the morning show guy on our maritime news radio station based out of Halifax. I actually stopped listening to his show as I didn't feel  it was healthy for me to be so agitated before noon. He couldn't resist telling listeners that he was from the big city of Toronto so he didn't really get our laid back simple lifestyle in the maritimes. What a pompous, overbearing loudmouth he is. I was very pleased when he was finally "promoted" out of the maritime circuit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well, it looks like 590 has fired his annoying butt now, so thank goodness for small wonders.

Sections
Shortcuts