Hockey Sticks.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Hockey Sticks.

This might be a better post for HF Boards, but I'm not a member there.

Anyway, does anyone who plays have a reccomendations for a composite stick. I'm looking for something durable in the $100-$150 range. With the amount of brands, models, and reviews out there it's a pian trying to research it, so I figured first-hand knowledge might be my best bet. Let me know.

For the record I'm a Center, 5'9", 160 lbs... was thinking 87 flex would be best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Hockey Sticks.

In Response to Hockey Sticks.:
    This might be a better post for HF Boards, but I'm not a member there. Anyway, does anyone who plays have a reccomendations for a composite stick. I'm looking for something durable in the $100-$150 range. With the amount of brands, models, and reviews out there it's a pian trying to research it, so I figured first-hand knowledge might be my best bet. Let me know. For the record I'm a Center, 5'9", 160 lbs... was thinking 87 flex would be best.
    Posted by legolaspinkerton

Just don't use what Bergeron does.He seems to be breaking multiple sticks in every game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Unreal how many Bergeron goes through. They are really really good passing sticks, but really really bad shooting sticks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This might be a better post for HF Boards, but I'm not a member there. Anyway, does anyone who plays have a reccomendations for a composite stick. I'm looking for something durable in the $100-$150 range. With the amount of brands, models, and reviews out there it's a pian trying to research it, so I figured first-hand knowledge might be my best bet. Let me know. For the record I'm a Center, 5'9", 160 lbs... was thinking 87 flex would be best.

If you can find a durable composite stick, please search for intelligent Leaf fans, dry water, cold heat, soft diamonds, government workers and happy Bruins fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hockey Sticks.:
    In Response to Hockey Sticks. : If you can find a durable composite stick, please search for intelligent Leaf fans, dry water, cold heat, soft diamonds, government workers and happy Bruins fans.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Do you figure this guy is Sherlock Holmes?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I paid big bucks for my Bauer Vapor 60, 87 flex.  I play on average 2x per week, 1.5 hours pickup.

I've had the Vapor 60 for over a year, the hacker level is typical for pickup.

I love the higher flex for shots, but I have zero feel for the puck with the higher flex.

The pros are really strong, plus they have lots of high twitch muscle  or at least developed the high twitch muscle they have.  So they go for ridiculously high flex.  And then they get really high flex, I've felt Wideman and Ryder's sticks and they are absurdly stiff.  You will see the pro returns reasonably often.  Once they switch contracts, the reps come right in and clean the sticks right out of the locker room.  The rule is they can't keep any, and there are hundreds in stock.

I am a super snob for equipment and nothing but top of the line will do for me, but in all honesty there isn't much difference - if any - in a vapor 40.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Hockey Sticks.:
    In Response to Hockey Sticks. : I paid big bucks for my Bauer Vapor 60, 87 flex.  I play on average 2x per week, 1.5 hours pickup. I've had the Vapor 60 for over a year, the hacker level is typical for pickup. I love the higher flex for shots, but I have zero feel for the puck with the higher flex. The pros are really strong, plus they have lots of high twitch muscle  or at least developed the high twitch muscle they have.  So they go for ridiculously high flex.  And then they get really high flex, I've felt Wideman and Ryder's sticks and they are absurdly stiff.  You will see the pro returns reasonably often.  Once they switch contracts, the reps come right in and clean the sticks right out of the locker room.  The rule is they can't keep any, and there are hundreds in stock. I am a super snob for equipment and nothing but top of the line will do for me, but in all honesty there isn't much difference - if any - in a vapor 40.
    Posted by BadHabitude

oh, I should add that it was a horrible experience finding  a carbon stick I liked.  It really really stinks when you get one on sale for $80 or something and then discover you hate it with a passion.

Borrow sticks at warms ups and try to dial into the feel and shot as best you can.

I knew instantly that I was in love  when I picked up a Bauer. I bought a Bauer 30. Then someone separated my shoulder and I got really ticked and smashed it over the boards, I was surprised when the first whack didn't kill it, it tookabout 3 smacks.  If you want to smash it, get a smaller contact point, they break easy over the cross bar.  I only had it for 4 months.

I have 3 Vapor 60's backup now.  I watch eBay like a hawk and snatched them when cheap, about $125 a pop.  Hard to do that this time of year, early summer is good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

Go with wood you can get the flex you need with wood plus you'll have a feel for the puck

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lafnboy. Show lafnboy's posts

i've had a (2) louisville redlite tps graphite/kevlar shaft w/a glue on blade for 8 years now.(i use a wood blade on one, a composite on the other) much better than my rbk 5. i break a blade it's $35. not $135. another point is the one piece carbon sticks perform and feel much different than wood or kevlar/? based sticks, they do tend to flex more and the shot comes of at a delay due to the whip effect. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lafnboy. Show lafnboy's posts

oh, also for the record, i'm 5' 8" 175 center myself.

Sections
Shortcuts