Hockey Talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Hockey Talk

Okay does anyone want to talk Hockey. I sure do. I am spent on all the political stuff. We have the Capitals up next. Is Rask going to get the nod. From a hockey perspective I think Rask is playing well right now and TT seems a bit out of sorts at times. Kampfer had a rough go of it in Philly I will be glad to get Ferrence back soon. With Horton out for who knows how long Hammil should get alot chances to prove himself but I really hope they leave Pou with Kel and Pev. That line is clicking and needs to be left alone. I am not a big fan of bringing up Caron but it might need to be done as Hammill is not as effective from the wing as he is in the center. Any thoughts? Not political please.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Hockey Talk

In Response to Hockey Talk:
    [QUOTE]Okay does anyone want to talk Hockey. I sure do. I am spent on all the political stuff. We have the Capitals up next. Is Rask going to get the nod. From a hockey perspective I think Rask is playing well right now and TT seems a bit out of sorts at times. Kampfer had a rough go of it in Philly I will be glad to get Ferrence back soon. With Horton out for who knows how long Hammil should get alot chances to prove himself but I really hope they leave Pou with Kel and Pev. That line is clicking and needs to be left alone. I am not a big fan of bringing up Caron but it might need to be done as Hammill is not as effective from the wing as he is in the center. Any thoughts? Not political please.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother!  I have opinions on the TT/White House thing (like everyone else), and have discussed them on this board earlier.  But I am very glad that there's a game tonight so we can move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

Yea, that is a tough call on the line-up change.

Lucic-Krejci-Hamill or Caron

Not sure that will help out too much. But we probably shouldn't split up 2nd and 3rd lines either. Hmmm... what's the call Claude?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Jalvis have you noticed TT does not seem to be as composed as he normally has been. There has always seemed to be a method to his madness and wild nature in goal. Not to say he has not made some beauty of some saves and his defense has been a bit lack luster. And the Horton Krejci Lucic line does not seem to be doing there both end of their ice duties but with all that said TT seems to be not himself. Not sure if it is a nagging injury. 

There is a dilemma brewing with Ference out and Kampfer not being able to handle the rough stuff and with Horton out what the heck are they going to do. Hammil is better than Caron but not on wing. I guess my vote would be to put Caron on the line with Krejci and Lucic and not disrupt the rhtym everyone else has right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I don't think Caron has been called up yet, so I guess it will be Hamill?  He looked good in his game against the Capitals last year.  I wonder if we will see Hamill with Krejčí and Lucic?  That's certainly the least disruptive move.  No idea if it would work well, though.  Seems like a defensive nightmare.
    I think this probably highlights for all of us that have expressed concern over Horton's play that his absence creates a problematic hole.

If Julien sticks with his 2-1 rotation, it will be Thomas.  There are plenty of good reasons for either goalie, though.  Maybe he'll flip a coin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

CC nice to have that problem of two hot hand in net right now.

Here is hoping he does not disrupt the other lines and Hammil can handle wing. 

On the defense of side. Who would you say is the weakest link and causing all the problems. In order from Best to Worse this season here is my defensive rankings.

1. Chara 2. Siedenberg 3. Boychuk 4. Mcquaid 5. Ferrence 6. Corvo 

I think Corvo is a weak link but is keeping Dougie;s spot warm on the bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Mac - I think the whole team's been in a funk for about month.  But as long as they're healthy I'm good.  I know they'll turn it on come playoff time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

LOL Jal you are right it looks like no one can take us in a seven game series and if the peak at the right time and this is there slump. I will take it too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'd go with Chara - Seidenberg - Ference/McQuaid/Boychuk (I don't think there's much to distinguish between them at the moment, they are all playing well but not great, which is probably the best to hope for) - Corvo.  Corvo's head does not seem to be in the right place now.  He had a stretch where I thought he was finally starting to settle in make make the simple play most of the time.  The past 6 or so games have been rough.  Maybe he'll spend the break reviewing tape?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

is it confirmed horton is out?  If so maybe pouliot gets bumped up?  I think they should leave the seguin-marchand- bergeron line alone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Peverley in for Horton.  Put it this way: Peverley gets it on merit, Pouliot gets it for motivation, Hamill gets it because it's the least disruptive option and Claude uses this as an opportunity to play Lucic and Krejci a little less.

As for the funk - most teams would be lucky if this was a "funk".  They aren't sharp, but they're still winning 6 of 10 with an OT/SO loss.  I think, over the last year, we've seen them run hot and luke warm, where hot is the kind of streak they had in November-December (third time in four years they've turned on the jets at that time of year) and luke is still above five hundred.  Last year, they found the hot streak when it mattered.  That's when they look like champions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Also on the hockey talk front - where's the love for Krejci?  Points in 15 of the last 16 (6-15-21), charging up the board to third behind Seggy Stardust and Bergeron, and only four points off the lead.  This after a brutal start and with Horton basically lodestoning on his right wing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I agree Book Krejci has been stellar as of late and the only one really moving his feet and getting back on defense on that line right now. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I mentioned depth moves a week ago.  Getting a Prospal and say Staois now would allow them to get in games and learn the system a lot faster than at the deadline.  Injuries are the biggest opponent in repeating.  I don't think anyteam can beat a healthy Bruins team in a best of 7 series

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Hockey Talk:
    [QUOTE]As for the funk - most teams would be lucky if this was a "funk".  They aren't sharp, but they're still winning 6 of 10 with an OT/SO loss.  I think, over the last year, we've seen them run hot and luke warm, where hot is the kind of streak they had in November-December (third time in four years they've turned on the jets at that time of year) and luke is still above five hundred.  Last year, they found the hot streak when it mattered.  That's when they look like champions.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yes....I would agree.  This "funk" is the envy of many teams.  Let's hope turn it on come Feburary/March for the stretch run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

For what it's worth, Fluto has Peverley bumped up.  Also agree that when a "funk" means getting 65% of points over 10 games, it's impressive.  They've also kept-pace in points per game and caught up in total points (due to making up some games in hand) with other league leading teams during this funk.

I noticed Krejčí's place in the team point rankings after the Flyers game and was shocked.  It's not like Bergeron and Seguin are Kessel-ing either, both have kept up most of a point-per-game pace this month.  Krejčí's just been dynamite.  Definitely overlooked at the moment, I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'd like to see Peverly bumped up there, as I think he has been very effective in whatever role the B's have asked him to do.

I was actually wondering if we might see Bartkowski, with Ference suspended and Kampfer being...very sore I would guess...

That, and I would like to share my strong opinion on abortion here...

I kid, I kid...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]CC nice to have that problem of two hot hand in net right now. Here is hoping he does not disrupt the other lines and Hammil can handle wing.  On the defense of side. Who would you say is the weakest link and causing all the problems. In order from Best to Worse this season here is my defensive rankings. 1. Chara 2. Siedenberg 3. Boychuk 4. Mcquaid 5. Ferrence 6. Corvo  I think Corvo is a weak link but is keeping Dougie;s spot warm on the bench.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

I'd bump McQuaid up to #3.  His game isn't flashy, but it's rare that you are cursing the TV because he made a stupid play.  I think Boychuck and Ferrence are tied for the 4-5 spot -- maybe give it to Ferrence due to his recent offensive prowess

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey Talk : I'd bump McQuaid up to #3.  His game isn't flashy, but it's rare that you are cursing the TV because he made a stupid play.  I think Boychuck and Ferrence are tied for the 4-5 spot -- maybe give it to Ferrence due to his recent offensive prowess
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

If McQuaid is our number 3 we are in serious trouble.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

If anybody deserves to move up its Peverly.  It should have been Peverly moving to the Bergeron line when Marchand went out too.  He has been quietly very good all season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We obviously have a little room to make up for on our back end.  The price tag for a Gleason is gonna be extremely high.  I would simply add a depth dman and hope everyone stays healthy.
    Souray anyone?  San will love that suggestion.  Immediate PP improvement.  Mean, hits...not great in his own end but even an avg dman(McQ-Ference-Boychuk-Corvo) can look good in this system.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]We obviously have a little room to make up for on our back end.  The price tag for a Gleason is gonna be extremely high.  I would simply add a depth dman and hope everyone stays healthy. Souray anyone?  San will love that suggestion.  Immediate PP improvement.  Mean, hits...not great in his own end but even an avg dman(McQ-Ference-Boychuk-Corvo) can look good in this system.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna choke as I type this...I wouldn't be against that...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What are the pairings today? Same as Sunday's or will there be movement?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

no kidding fletch...we know these guys lately prefer to play in boston...does cj speak french

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey Talk : I'm gonna choke as I type this...I wouldn't be against that...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Mobile, killer shot that always finds a way through on the PP.  Minimal Cap hit, wouldnt take much to land him at all.  Plays mean, plays with spirit.  Partner him with Chara.  Love it.

Sections
Shortcuts