Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again

They have start out with a rookie GM.  They add a rookie coach.  To cap off their mastery, they make a huge reach in the draft.  The last time I saw a team waste at top 10 pick on a kid ranked much lower, Mikael Samuelsson (sp?) was selected by Boston.

The fans will flock to the novelty for the first couple of years, but just like in Atlanta, the poorly run club will finish as bottom feeders again and again, the people will stop going, and the team will move.

A+, Winnepeg.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Re: Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again

Good for Boston more options for our pick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again:
    [QUOTE]They have start out with a rookie GM.  They add a rookie coach.  To cap off their mastery, they make a huge reach in the draft.  The last time I saw a team waste at top 10 pick on a kid ranked much lower, Mikael Samuelsson (sp?) was selected by Boston. The fans will flock to the novelty for the first couple of years, but just like in Atlanta, the poorly run club will finish as bottom feeders again and again, the people will stop going, and the team will move. A+, Winnepeg.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Or being so NHL-hockey-starved they might keep filling the arena regardless of the poor product on the ice.  Much like Leaf fans have done at different times during their history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]They have start out with a rookie GM.  They add a rookie coach.  To cap off their mastery, they make a huge reach in the draft.  The last time I saw a team waste at top 10 pick on a kid ranked much lower, Mikael Samuelsson (sp?) was selected by Boston. The fans will flock to the novelty for the first couple of years, but just like in Atlanta, the poorly run club will finish as bottom feeders again and again, the people will stop going, and the team will move. A+, Winnepeg.
    So a team that wasn't far from a playoff spot is now doomed because they went off the board with their pick? Let's let them play some games before proclaiming them failures.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

NAS, I'll be in town for the game for the Nov. 26th game (there's a game between the Chimos and Blades for that week too scheduled). How about the winner,  I'll take the Jets you take the Bruins, buys a  round?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again:
    [QUOTE]NAS, I'll be in town for the game for the Nov. 26th game (there's a game between the Chimos and Blades for that week too scheduled). How about the winner,  I'll take the Jets you take the Bruins, buys a  round?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Buys a round?  How about buys dinner?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again : So a team that wasn't far from a playoff spot is now doomed because they went off the board with their pick? Let's let them play some games before proclaiming them failures.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

They finished 13 points out of eighth place and eight points out of last. 

Come on, Dez.  That team is a joke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll take buys dinner and drinks - for me and the wife and you and the significant other? After the game? You pick the restaurant - anything other than French food is good by me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again : They finished 13 points out of eighth place and eight points out of last.  Come on, Dez.  That team is a joke.
    They were in the race with a month to go. The Sens were 6 points behind them. Are they also doomed/a joke. I don't think either team makes the playoffs but I wouldn't be shocked if they both do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

it might fail on the ice but they are set money wise for 5 yrs.  terrible pick though.  why go off the board.  take the best player.  no chance hockey fails in canada.  we have seen how it has failed terribly in many us cities.  not in canada. and they do have some nice building blocks.  would love to see selanne go back there

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]it might fail on the ice but they are set money wise for 5 yrs.  terrible pick though.  why go off the board.  take the best player.  no chance hockey fails in canada.  we have seen how it has failed terribly in many us cities.  not in canada. and they do have some nice building blocks.  would love to see selanne go back there
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

It almost seems like they trusted Hawerchuk more than their own scouting staff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again : It almost seems like they trusted Hawerchuk more than their own scouting staff.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red, just wondering.  Does Bobby Hull have any connection to the Jets in any capacity?  Weren't they named after his nickname way back when?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

lmfao

Look at Toronto and get back to us. Had a bit to drink tonight Nas? You seem to be stirring the pot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again : It almost seems like they trusted Hawerchuk more than their own scouting staff.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

must be something.  but they had a chance to add a solid top 10 and failed. bad start if thats what NAS meant. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again : Red, just wondering.  Does Bobby Hull have any connection to the Jets in any capacity?  Weren't they named after his nickname way back when?
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Nope, and they weren't named after him. Benny Haskins the original founder of the Winnipeg Jets was a good friend and a pupil of Sonny Werblin. He asked Werblin if he could name the franchise the Jets in tribute to the NY Jets and Sonny said yes. That was originally a jr. team, then became a WHA team, then eventually an NHL team. Hull was just a coincidence.

But ultimately the Winnipeg Jets are named after the New York Jets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again : Nope, and they weren't named after him. Benny Haskins the original founder of the Winnipeg Jets was a good friend and a pupil of Sonny Werblin. He asked Werblin if he could name the franchise the Jets in tribute to the NY Jets and Sonny said yes. That was originally a jr. team, then became a WHA team, then eventually an NHL team. Hull was just a coincidence. But ultimately the Winnipeg Jets are named after the New York Jets.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the word, red.  Sonny Werblin.  Haven't heard that name in years.  I think went back to Namath's time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Another coincidence, supposedly, was Elton John coining the tune Benny and the Jets after Benny Haskins founding the Jets (the mascot of whom is also named Benny)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYou are a real je-k!!!!!!!!!!!n Response to Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Another coincidence, supposedly, was Elton John coining the tune Benny and the Jets after Benny Haskins founding the Jets (the mascot of whom is also named Benny)
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

That's freaky.  Any word on the new Jets' unis? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]IYou are a real je-k!!!!!!!!!!!n Response to Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again :
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

ROMFFLMFAO!! You're just realizing this NOW!!! Yes he is & some of us luv him that way!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYeah they sold out in 20mins, your a moronn Response to Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Good GOD MAN! Use your spell check! It's WINTERPEG; or Winnipeg! Heh;heh!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey will fail in Winnepeg again : That's freaky.  Any word on the new Jets' unis? 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard they won't release the logo and uni until Reebok has pre-manufactured enough jerseys to meet public demand in order to avoid
    losing sales to knockoffs of the new sweaters.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And NAS, you good on that bet? Only reason I say no French food is the wife hates it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wasn't a huge reach according to Bob's rankings.  Scheifele was ranked #12 overall in the Final TSN Rankings.