HockeyInsiders or Eklund alikes and their SOURCES !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

HockeyInsiders or Eklund alikes and their SOURCES !

Thanks to this forum on warning me what a fraud "the HockeyInsider " is .  Now I just follow him/her on twitter to get laughs but never bring up any of the rumors this twit tweets.

Look at this one and the LAKings answered back. Made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/ckraks/status/312053329075265537/photo/1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: HockeyInsiders or Eklund alikes and their SOURCES !

lol nice!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL... doesn't stop

Hockeyy Insiderr @HockeyyInsiderr

NEW RUMOR UPDATE http://www.insiderrumors.com/2013/no-team/rumor-update-5/  #LAKings #Habs close to trades; #Flames #Sabres #Oilers #Blackhawks #SJSharks info & MORE #MUSTREAD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, I love it.

Does anyone still believe any info from these guys?

If so, I would be happy to channel them with their dead relatives from the spirit world for $100 a session.

Your grandmother loved....dooogggsss...no cats?  Yes, cats, that's what I'm getting.  She loved cats.  And the LA Kings are nearing a transaction of some sorts...a key move...it appears to be a player changing locations in some way...yeah...sign up to be an insider...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hjalmarsson OR Montador

seems legit to me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The ones that are just teams make absolutely no sense to me.  At all.  #LA close to something big...  Yeah, the Pacific.  The Eklund-types that propose names get hits because it is (I imagine) the hockey version of watching "the bachelor" - e-harmony taken to a whole different level.  I can picture whitewings sitting there going "sacre bleu!  ze Shabs err geddig CorEE PerEE!  Zut!" and then coming to this board to gloat (incidentally, kudos to all for ignoring three separate threads that idiot tried to start after the Pens game...Kudos).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Hjalmarsson OR Montador

seems legit to me

They might be right, but that does not mean they have a reliable inside source.  

As we get closer to the trade deadline, saying that team X is close to making a move is more likely to be right than wrong.  And you can take a look at standings and injuries to predict which 10 teams are most likely to make moves.  This has been Eklund's MO -- do a little research, take the opinions of team beat writers, make some slightly informed guesses, and call yourself an insider.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Exactly,  this moron calling himself the "Insider" has about 20 tweets per day mentioning everyone and his grandmother . He's bound to get 1 out 500 and that's when we see the Tweet " Thanks to my source "

oh and BTW the Habs have finalized a trade that we will hear about today.  75% done

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I forget the specifics because it was years ago, but I remember see a trade anounced by some local paper and then seeing that trade published as a 'rumor' on Eklund's page.  So it looked like he knew about it before it became official.

I wonder if he still has his rating system of e4 and so on which rated how 'strong' the rumor was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Exactly,  this moron calling himself the "Insider" has about 20 tweets per day mentioning everyone and his grandmother . He's bound to get 1 out 500 and that's when we see the Tweet " Thanks to my source "

oh and BTW the Habs have finalized a trade that we will hear about today.  75% done

I hear it's inching towards 80%...this week or next expect to see something done*.

*A shout to my boy moping the bathroom stalls at the Bell Centre** Thx for da scoop.

**Easy job -- everyone sits down to pee there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hey, I work at T. Anthony on the weekends and some B's occasionally eat there, so I guess I'm an insider too. Byfuglien coming to the Bruins. I've heard from my source that the deal is 61-62% done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In 'fairness' to rumor mongers who has a friend of a friend or whoever or whatever, I would guess that some very high percentage of deals get a lot of talk and then fall through.

That's just a guess as I said I imagine the GMs talk on a fairly regular basis.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hey, I work at T. Anthony on the weekends and some B's occasionally eat there, so I guess I'm an insider too. Byfuglien coming to the Bruins. I've heard from my source that the deal is 61-62% done.

if buff's coming, you better stock up on extra pizza dough, cheese and sauce.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks for the scoop, and red's right, he's gonna clean you guys out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to red75's comment:

if buff's coming, you better stock up on extra pizza dough, cheese and sauce.

On second thought, cut back on that. I understand he needs to lose a few...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fat Ace Buff.

He'd put Halftime on the Dow Jones.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

LOL... doesn't stop

NEW RUMOR UPDATE http://www.insiderrumors.com/2013/no-team/rumor-update-5/  #LAKings #Habs close to trades; #Flames #Sabres #Oilers #Blackhawks #SJSharks info & MORE #MUSTREAD

Perhaps his sources also say the Leafs are looking to win more than they lose.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I stumbled across this article during the lockout, where Eklund was getting some Twitter recognition from actual hockey reporters; Dreger, LeBrun and our own Haggs. 

Author rightly pans those guys for doing so under the blind-squirrel finds nut banner.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/01/02/great-work-eklund/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

alright alright which have you applied for this

THANK YOU for the huge number of people who submitted their candidature for #Sabres blogger position. Will have result late tonight!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tonight's poll question on the Panthers feed:

Who is the second best Bruin ever?

Espo

Bucyk

Neely

Bourque (Ray)

Chara

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Tonight's poll question on the Panthers feed:

Who is the second best Bruin ever?

Espo

Bucyk

Neely

Bourque (Ray)

Chara

Bourque......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Bourque...so far.  Chara leads this team to another Cup and I might have to reconsider.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Bourque...so far.  Chara leads this team to another Cup and I might have to reconsider.

Good point. However, Bourque never had the team Chara has to play with...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Good point. However, Bourque never had the team Chara has to play with...

Bourque had some great teams.  It just turns out that Gretzky/Messier/Lemieux had better ones.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Bourque had some great teams.  It just turns out that Gretzky/Messier/Lemieux had better ones.

Yeah, with Colorado. The present Bruins team is much moredeep and  well rounded than any team Ray had in Boston. Just my opinion, though.

Sections
Shortcuts