Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?

It will be interesting to hear this "player's alternative".

We'll be better able to gage the gulf between Owners and Players and get a handle as to how long we can expect the CBA talks and possible lockout will last.

I think we'll be able to write-off the rest of 2012 as it stands, before this alternative. We'll see how much of 2013 we can write-off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?

The power of positive thinking. Do you rip up your tickets before the races are over ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?:
    [QUOTE]The power of positive thinking. Do you rip up your tickets before the races are over ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

No. But, sometimes, just as they start loading into the gate, you realize that you picked the wrong horse and the winner becomes obvious - you overlooked something very important - and you know you have a losing ticket and it's too late to do anything about it.

Sometimes, you have the right horse, but the odds keep going up. But, don't worry, bet more on it - it's your chance to score. I love this scenario.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]The power of positive thinking. Do you rip up your tickets before the races are over ?

unfortunatley, positive thinking will have no bearing as far as we're concerned.  either your sunny outcome will prevail, or things will get messy.  I'm bettin Fehr's counter,  drives home the fact there's a huge river to be crossed.  After the leagues offer, he's backed into a corner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? :   After the leagues offer, he's backed into a corner. Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

No he is not backed into a corner, I would bet he already told the players he expected a selfish initial offer. You are like the media begging for a fight so you can say "I told you so"...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? : No he is not backed into a corner, I would bet he already told the players he expected a selfish initial offer. You are like the media begging for a fight so you can say "I told you so"...

I have no idea what you're trying to say there.  I'm sure he prepared the players for a tough opening offer by the league, but that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? : I have no idea what you're trying to say there.  I'm sure he prepared the players for a tough opening offer by the league, but that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

"either your sunny outcome will prevail, or things will get messy." 

Per the usual you hedged your bets then offered nothing in return by acting like you didn't understand what I meant YAWN!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I like what they were saying about presenting a new philosophy, alternative. 
    What will it be ?  a Luxury tax with no cap or they'll tell the agents how to divide money among themselves.  Just funny.
    "The New Fehr "

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

TSN is making a bid deal out of the fact that the stars are at today's negotiating session, players like Stamkos, Ovie, and Crosby.

Nothing against thos guys, but I'd feel better if the players present were the ones with a better than high school eduction and a little bt of intellectual gravitas - players like Kovalchuk, Parros, Halpern, and Higgins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I keep reading conflicitng reports. KPD quoted Donald Fehr as saying there was a "meaningful gulf" between the two parties, yet ESPN reported over the weekend that optimisim prevailed after a week of labor talks.

I've seen this movie before. The players will submit their proposal today and talks will break off. We will hear quotes of gloom and doom then they'll get back together at the last minute and start to hammer out a deal. I just hope it gets done without losing games on the ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? :          "either your sunny outcome will prevail, or things will get messy."  Per the usual you hedged your bets then offered nothing in return by acting like you didn't understand what I meant YAWN!

Obviously you only type...you don't read.  I didn't hedge my bets at all.  I couldn't have been more clear in my opinions on how this thing will go.  I was merely being respectful of your opposing position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]TSN is making a bid deal out of the fact that the stars are at today's negotiating session, players like Stamkos, Ovie, and Crosby. Nothing against thos guys, but I'd feel better if the players present were the ones with a better than high school eduction and a little bt of intellectual gravitas - players like Kovalchuk, Parros, Halpern, and Higgins.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

why?   their attendance is only ceremonial anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? : No he is not backed into a corner, I would bet he already told the players he expected a selfish initial offer. You are like the media begging for a fight so you can say "I told you so"...

ha ha because when they are locked out that's what I will say although tonight we'll get a pretty good idea.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? : ha ha because when they are locked out that's what I will say although tonight we'll get a pretty good idea.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

What would your guess be as to how many counters there will be ?

Do you think they are way off Legion ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? : why?   their attendance is only ceremonial anyway.  
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

No it's not. Part of the function of the players who are attending is to inform other players of the details and developments of the negotiations. That's why up until now most of the players in attendance have been the union reps of the individual teams. If a player is being tasked with talking to his teammates about what is going on, I'd like it to be a guy with the intellectual wherewithal to understand what is being talked about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? : What would your guess be as to how many counters there will be ? Do you think they are way off Legion ?

I was just bugging you... but to answer your question tonight will not be the last one .  I can truly take a guess one I hear their proposal

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

not much details so far, but a little more info.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403068

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?:[QUOTE]not much details so far, but a little more info. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403068
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

"It's clear to me (the NHLPA) didn't put (the proposal) together in an hour or two," Bettman told reporters on Tuesday, confirming the league would evaluate the proposal at their offices."

I'm staying positive Red, I like that statement...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The other details that have come out so far from Hockeybuzz

Donnald Fehr and the NHLPA want to hammer out a new deal. No ifs ands or buts. They want it done "immediately", said Fehr in Toronto.

No wonder Gary Bettman didnt blast the NHLPA and Don Fehr after this morning's presentation. Credit to the players for stepping to the table with real value, rather than machismo and emotion.

According to Fehr:

* Revenue sharing could reach $250 million per year.

* Fehr and the players want more targeted revenue sharing.

* Fehr says the cap is still in play in the "alternative view proposal".

* Fehr says current player contract system would remain in place.

From the Canadian Press:

The NHL Players' Association and executive director Donald Fehr made their first proposal to the National Hockey League on Tuesday, with Fehr saying he believed it should, "lead to a new CBA" and "produce a stable industry."

While Fehr did not get into specific line-by-line details of the proposal, he did indicate that the players were willing to take reduced hockey-related revenue for the next three seasons and that it did not suggest the elimination of the league's hard cap.

Fehr added that the union also asked that no changes be made in regards to player contracting rules.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]The other details that have come out so far from Hockeybuzz Donnald Fehr and the NHLPA want to hammer out a new deal. No ifs ands or buts. They want it done "immediately", said Fehr in Toronto. No wonder Gary Bettman didnt blast the NHLPA and Don Fehr after this morning's presentation. Credit to the players for stepping to the table with real value, rather than machismo and emotion. According to Fehr: * Revenue sharing could reach $250 million per year. * Fehr and the players want more targeted revenue sharing. * Fehr says the cap is still in play in the "alternative view proposal". * Fehr says current player contract system would remain in place. From the Canadian Press: The NHL Players' Association and executive director Donald Fehr made their first proposal to the National Hockey League on Tuesday, with Fehr saying he believed it should, "lead to a new CBA" and "produce a stable industry." While Fehr did not get into specific line-by-line details of the proposal, he did indicate that the players were willing to take reduced hockey-related revenue for the next three seasons and that it did not suggest the elimination of the league's hard cap. Fehr added that the union also asked that no changes be made in regards to player contracting rules.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

The first 2 points are key .   Although leaves a lot un-answered and need specifics . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

more details

TORONTO - The National Hockey League Players' Association has tabled its first offer in the latest round of collective bargaining talks with the NHL.

The union says its offer to the league includes a smaller percentage of revenues for players and an expanded revenue sharing program to help struggling teams.

Union leader Donald Fehr says players could give up as much as US$465 million in revenue under the proposal if the league continues to grow at an average rate.

If the league continues the strong growth shown over the past two seasons, he says the amount could reach $800 million.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Proposal is only for 3 yers, with a 4th yearoption (the option would be to revert to the current CBA in year 4).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Fehr is not in the game to exacerbate anything with owners or players. His objective is to establish a more stable base , for the NHLPA, as has been done in other athletic Associations. Confrontation doesn't move the ball, or puck, so let's expect some reasonable alternatives. Fehr , and the players, all know that they are financially better off than 5 years ago, so their efforts will be to maintain their gains in income, while offering to support more stability for small market teams, so that there will be no cutbacks in the number of teams or active players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

i take this as good news

2h

Sense is the NHL believes todays proposal from the NHLPA was better than what was expected.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?:[QUOTE]Fehr is not in the game to exacerbate anything with owners or players. His objective is to establish a more stable base , for the NHLPA, as has been done in other athletic Associations. Confrontation doesn't move the ball, or puck, so let's expect some reasonable alternatives. Fehr , and the players, all know that they are financially better off than 5 years ago, so their efforts will be to maintain their gains in income, while offering to support more stability for small market teams, so that there will be no cutbacks in the number of teams or active players.Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Well said!

Sections
Shortcuts