Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?

In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? : Well then Red the NHLs richest owners will have to start adding teams to the list of "NHL run teams" right next to Phoenix if they don't read Fehr's proposal carefully.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, two of these things are not like the others.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm pleased that the NHLPA is already giving a little. That's a good sign. I'm pretty confident that they will reach an agreement in a few weeks. They do need to limit those long contracts. But it won't need to be 5 years. It could be 8 or 10 year limits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Another little tidbit for those who feel the players should be happy to take another financial hit, cuz they don't "own" the business. Bettmans deal is about 8 mil a year.  It's pretty much doubled in the last 4 years. I'm not optimistic.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

In 2011, the NHL was a $2.9 billion dollar business.

The commissioner taking in $8M seems very, very low.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? :  What I'm implying is that what's good for the goose, is good for the gander.  If an executive of the league can enjoy that kind of salary, and that kind of increase, why should the absolute most gifted players on the planet be rolled back...again. Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Bettman negotiated himself a good deal but still not nearly as much as his contemporaries. Players have agents to do negotiating for them so they should get top dollar for their talents if they chose the right agent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pleased that the NHLPA is already giving a little. That's a good sign. I'm pretty confident that they will reach an agreement in a few weeks. They do need to limit those long contracts. But it won't need to be 5 years. It could be 8 or 10 year limits.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I agree there is much to be negotiated including everything that appears to go against the spirit of the overall purpose of the cap.  I think the biggie though, is the percentage, and the support for weak teams.  If the financial stuff can get hammered out, I think the rest could get done reasonably quickly.  We should get a better feel when the league responds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding your breath for Fehr's alternative? : In 2011, the NHL was a $2.9 billion dollar business. The commissioner taking in $8M seems very, very low.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

and many would argue his overall contribution to the success of the industry is less than its biggest stars.  there are many examples of entertainment figures making much more than the corporate suits.  you don't believe this opportunity should exist in hockey?