Holy Cow! What Happened?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Holy Cow! What Happened?

It seems like the best period of hockey I have seen all year...
    What was said and who said it? Any ideas? Bergeron, Wheeler, Horton, Marchand, Lucic, Krejci and more with a big jump in their step!!!
    Can the B's sustain the instensity and tempo?
    Great thumping administered by McQuaid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Holy Cow! What Happened?

Lucic vs. Erskine coming up soon. I agree best first period of the season by far. I don't know what was said but whatever happened has helped tonight. Now they need to build on it and continue it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I agree that Erskine will try to go with Lucic...right time and place... No sense fighting if there is no need. Edwards said Erskine was trying to engage Lucic at the end of the period...no surprise. Fighting should be strategic. If there is nothing to be gained by the team, don't risk injury. I love good hard-nosed hockey and a great fight, but not when it is meaningless...it could be counter-productive. Play smart, play hard and with desperation, desire, desire, desire!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Holy Cow! What Happened?:
    It seems like the best period of hockey I have seen all year... What was said and who said it? Any ideas? Bergeron, Wheeler, Horton, Marchand, Lucic, Krejci and more with a big jump in their step!!! Can the B's sustain the instensity and tempo? Great thumping administered by McQuaid.
    Posted by TomOBrien

Wheeler had his best period of the year.If he played like that all the time people would have to stop trashing him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My world would rumble a little if Stanley had been right about the Wheel all along.

As for the Bruins, amazing what doing the fundamentals will do, follow through on your checks, take your guy out of the play.

Yes, they got the lucky bounces, but when you've got the momentum the luck starts coming your way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Holy Cow! What Happened?:
    My world would rumble a little if Stanley had been right about the Wheel all along. As for the Bruins, amazing what doing the fundamentals will do, follow through on your checks, take your guy out of the play. Yes, they got the lucky bounces, but when you've got the momentum the luck starts coming your way.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I'd really like for Stanley to be right on this one though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

It sure didn't end the way it started...it's nice to win, but this does not make me feel any more confident...ugh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It sure didn't end the way it started...it's nice to win, but this does not make me feel any more confident...ugh
    Posted by TomOBrien

It sure beats  giving up a lead and falling short in the 3rd though.3 out of 4 against the Caps any way they can is fine by me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

All it would of took was CJ 5 minutes into the 3rd was call a timeout.
    Hes clueless. sitback boys we can win on my system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It's like someone flipped a switch between the first and third periods... this team's lack of consistency drives me crazy!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

A great first period is... umh...great.  A win is great, but trading a great first for a medocore second, and something less in the third, is not good.  In fact, it's worse than a sloppy 1st, and a good 2nd and 3rd.
    No team plays wide open for 60 minutes.  It's impossible and unreasonable to expect.  48 minutes is fair though.
    Been a while since this group hunkered down for anything close to 48 minutes.
    As of this morning....the Caps are one of the most beatable teams in the league.  That'll certainly change...but today...for the past few days....they've been weak, and they should have been buried.
    The B's again, didn't report for a full days work.
    This is becoming the norm, and if it's not addressed soon, it could become a problem that's difficult to overcome.
    At this point in the year, no cause for panic...but obviously, a cause for great concern. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Holy Cow! What Happened?:
    It seems like the best period of hockey I have seen all year... What was said and who said it? Any ideas? Bergeron, Wheeler, Horton, Marchand, Lucic, Krejci and more with a big jump in their step!!! Can the B's sustain the instensity and tempo? Great thumping administered by McQuaid.
    Posted by TomOBrien

Julien probally told them to start playing defence,colapse in own end,he couldn't handle watching team show all that offence,like they played in first period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Getting outshot 26-2 in the 3rd period has to be a record.
    Julien's "great defensive system", is spelled, TIM THOMAS.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Ugly win. I'll take the 2 points but it sure doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. They needed to carry that intensity from the first period over into the second and they didn't do it. I don't know where the hell they were in the 3rd period. That was a terrible effort but Thomas was amazing yet again. I shudder to think where the B's would be without him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

This was an interesting game. Two of the biggest chokers in the NHL. Both teams in a slump. It was a question of which team would collapse first.......it looked like Washington...but in the end it was Boston. Caps look good and I think they have the better coach as well. They are fun to watch. With Tim Thomas they win the Cup no problem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Just watched the game on Center Ice. It was an amazing first, ok second and offensively at least the 3rd was garbage. It was a big disappointment that Neuvirth wasn't tested more having appeared to injure himself near the end of the 2nd.

The one plus point from the 3rd is that they played a good physical game. It was desperate at times but they actually did make themselves 'difficult to play against' to use Julien's favourite phrase. Chara throwing his weight around was great to watch. He should play like that all the time.

A great game to watch. Neuvirth played a great game. That save on the Seguin breakaway was a game changer. Just a shame the most tricky thing he had to do in the 3rd was skate to the bench.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What happened was that all three players on all three lines participated in the 1st period. Then back to what it's been lately. Recchi pooped out and could not handle passes, control of the puck, and just killed momentum with giveaways; Savard and Ryder never really got into the game. Seguin was only OK; Horton was barreling in the 1st, but Looch couldn't find his game at all, and Kreji was spotty, almost gave away the game. Once Marchand was hurt, Campbell could not play alone, as Thornton continues to cause mistakes. The defense was more consistent. Seidenberg and Kamfer do play well together, and Chara, Boychuck and McQuaid stood tall and hit/checked better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

Someone mentioned it earlier in the posts. Coaching 101 would have told you to call a timeout early in the third when it was obvious the Bruins were on the wrong path. I was yelling at the tv to call a timeout!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

this is normal ...a team that leads by 2 goals after 2 will try to protect the lead ...thats what they did in the 3rd ..Caps came back strong cause they really wanted to avoir losing 8 straight ...Bruins came out with the 2 points,,,,what do you have to complain about ...whinners ...now not only we whinne when they lose ...we whinne when they win by only one goal ...Give me a break ...Real fans please flood this site with positive comments ...whinners will disappear quickly just like the ones that wanted to trade Big Wheel a week ago

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What is wrong with you guys?  They end a three game losing streak and all you can talk about is what when wrong!

A win is a win. 

Jesus, be happy for a millisecond!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What is wrong with you guys?  They end a three game losing streak and all you can talk about is what when wrong! A win is a win.  Jesus, be happy for a millisecond!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Here's my most optimistic take, that someone (Cam?) got thru to CJ and he's going to get a bit more creative and we'll see improved coaching from here on out.

Also the 3rd period, I believe it was more of a case of the Caps storming than the Bruins being complacent.  Caps came out like their families and loved ones were being held hostage or something.

I mean... the caps were like a meth addict on steroids in that period.

I don't think we saw a 3 period let down for the Bruins, I think we just saw the beginning of the caps bouncing back into the league.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

What is wrong with you guys?  They end a three game losing streak and all you can talk about is what when wrong! A win is a win.  Jesus, be happy for a millisecond!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm starting to warm up to the new positive you. A little frustrating don't you think , now they want style points when the B's win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm happy they won. They beat a good team that was hungry and was desperate to end a 7-game slide.

But is it not fair to say they played 20 minutes of great hockey, followed by 20 mijutes of mediocre hockey, followed by 20 minutes of hang-on-by-the-skin-of-your-teeth-and-hope-it-all-works-out hockey?

Come on, NAS....wouldn't you rather have seen the B's go for the jugular when they had these guys down 3-0? Hasn't the inability to close out games/series been a defining mark of this team the past couple of seasons?

A win is a win, and it was much needed. I'm happy about that. But the phrase "whistling past the graveyard" comes to mind and I don't think that's an unfair assessment--only an honest one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

When they lose, there are no posts saying, "Yeah, but they played well in the third period." 

Sections
Shortcuts