Holy Cow! What Happened?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Holy Cow! What Happened?

Ya, are the Caps fans jumping up and down today because their team smoked the B's in the shot department in the 3rd last night. Today they're saying "a loss is a loss" and would have taken the Bruins situation from last night in a minute. A win !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Lucky win

Just another example of a 20 minute team.

It just happened to be the first period and not the third.

CJ doesn't understand todays NHL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

All ayone has to do is focus on how bad Recchi and Ryder looked for the entire third period. Yeah even BIG WHEEL took it back a notch or 2 in the skating back department in the third. The whole team looked like the seventh game last year against Philly but Recchi and Ryder were just plain terrible. CJ needs to shorten the bench in situations like last night. Recchi is good in certain situations but not when the game was like it was last night.

I thought Horton played well even with no points. Have not seen him skate and check like that all season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Holy Cow! What Happened?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holy Cow! What Happened? : I'm happy they won. They beat a good team that was hungry and was desperate to end a 7-game slide. But is it not fair to say they played 20 minutes of great hockey, followed by 20 mijutes of mediocre hockey, followed by 20 minutes of hang-on-by-the-skin-of-your-teeth-and-hope-it-all-works-out hockey? Come on, NAS....wouldn't you rather have seen the B's go for the jugular when they had these guys down 3-0? Hasn't the inability to close out games/series been a defining mark of this team the past couple of seasons? A win is a win, and it was much needed. I'm happy about that. But the phrase "whistling past the graveyard" comes to mind and I don't think that's an unfair assessment--only an honest one.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

If I was on the coaching staff, I'd be focused on things they could do better and things to avoid in the future.

As a fan, yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw they won.  Boy, it was a nailbiter at the end...and they won.  Great!

Here's what we're have here:  People who cry their eyes out when the B's lose, make a million and one posts about firing the coach, the need for better defense, no scoring, poor powerplays, trade Ryder, trade Wheeler, put Seguin on the first line, Chara stinks, Rask is swiss cheese, Ference is awful, Marchand should be on the second line, and Thornton is a joke.

When they win a close one, it's "yeah, but..."

Unless the B's blow out the other team, it's not good?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Sign me up for the style points.  Happy with the 2 points, but still concerned about this team's ability to play a full 60.  I agree with the assessment of:
    1st Period- Outstanding
    2nd Period- Mediocre
    3rd Period- Awful

Not just measuring results, obviously, still using my key criteria:
    1) finishing checks
    2) winning 1:1 battles
    3) skating game

Positives:
    * Outstanding play in 1st period
    * Bergeron line.  One of Wheeler's best games in awhile.
    * McQuaid- strong game, nice scrap, an assist and a +2
    * Thomas- continues to be brilliant
    * Ference- 1st goal in forever, and +2

Negatives
    * Play in the 3rd.  B's were back their heels, very little time in Caps end.
    * Boychuk did not have a good game despite showing up on the scoresheet (A)
    * Face-offs by Bergy/Krejci: combined 35% (10-29)

There, I feel better now.  There were things to be pleased about from last night's game, most of all the points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holy Cow! What Happened? : If I was on the coaching staff, I'd be focused on things they could do better and things to avoid in the future. As a fan, yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw they won.  Boy, it was a nailbiter at the end...and they won.  Great! Here's what we're have here:  People who cry their eyes out when the B's lose, make a million and one posts about firing the coach, the need for better defense, no scoring, poor powerplays, trade Ryder, trade Wheeler, put Seguin on the first line, Chara stinks, Rask is swiss cheese, Ference is awful, Marchand should be on the second line, and Thornton is a joke. When they win a close one, it's "yeah, but..." Unless the B's blow out the other team, it's not good?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Can't argue against 2 pts. being 2 pts. It's GOOD they won...but the win was indicative of a problem the B's have been having for a while now--the inability to play consistently well for 60 minutes, and put away teams when they can.

I raise the issue b/c it looms as a problem when you get in the playoffs--if you just play 20 minute hockey in the post-season, you're going nowhere. You won't win a 7-game series playing great in the first, "meh" in the 2nd, and flat out awful in the 3rd.

This wasn't a playoff game, so yes, we should be focused on the ultimate outcome, and it was good. No reason to complain about a win. But concern is different than complaint, and I do think this kind of win vs. a more pronounced "we played 60 minutes of solid hockey and didn't make it a nailbiter" is cause for concern. Has been for a while now with this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]What is wrong with you guys?  They end a three game losing streak and all you can talk about is what when wrong! A win is a win.  Jesus, be happy for a millisecond!

Whenn you get out shot 26-2 there's no reason to be happy they still have serious problems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Sign me up for the style points.  Happy with the 2 points, but still concerned about this team's ability to play a full 60.  I agree with the assessment of: 1st Period- Outstanding 2nd Period- Mediocre 3rd Period- Awful Not just measuring results, obviously, still using my key criteria: 1) finishing checks 2) winning 1:1 battles 3) skating game Positives: * Outstanding play in 1st period * Bergeron line.  One of Wheeler's best games in awhile. * McQuaid- strong game, nice scrap, an assist and a +2 * Thomas- continues to be brilliant * Ference- 1st goal in forever, and +2 Negatives * Play in the 3rd.  B's were back their heels, very little time in Caps end. * Boychuk did not have a good game despite showing up on the scoresheet (A) * Face-offs by Bergy/Krejci: combined 35% (10-29) There, I feel better now.  There were things to be pleased about from last night's game, most of all the points.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Disagree with the negatives.
    The Caps were unstoppable in the third and playing possessed.
    Ryder gone awol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NAS? This isn't you man! You're smarter than this & you know this team is better than what it's showing. You're smart enough to know this team has issues. A lot of them that needs to be addressed. Do you really think this team can & will a cup with the way it's playing? Is that not the common goal for all Bruins fans? Being an optimist is all well & good. Being totally blind is something else. Allowing a game shot total in one period is not a "good way" to win any hockey game! Those of you that are saying a win is win enjoy it! This team is going no where but DOWN. They may make the play-offs. They won't be going far playing like this!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

So I'm a "whiner" because I am upset the bruins are outshot 26-2 in the 3rd period.
    I am entitled to express my disappointment, without having to apologise to those that base their opinions on a simplistic view of , "a win is a win".
    I don't complain if people want to post about how great this team is, because I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion (although NAS & Chowda, you might notice that you are in complete agreement with Stanley, so you may want to re-think your position).
    All I want to see from this team, is an honest effort, and IMO, it has not happened very often this year.
    I thought their last game against Philly, although a loss, was one of their best efforts of the season, and I enjoyed that game very much.
    Wins and losses may be all that matters to some of you, and that's fine.
    Some of us grew up with the "lunchpail gang" mentality of, some teams may be better than the bruins, but nobody was going to outwork them.
    It is pretty tough watching this group sleepwalk through 40 minutes a game, most nights.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

They won, but it was still bi-polar hockey.  Same team that was in game 7.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS? This isn't you man! You're smarter than this & you know this team is better than what it's showing. You're smart enough to know this team has issues. A lot of them that needs to be addressed. Do you really think this team can & will a cup with the way it's playing? Is that not the common goal for all Bruins fans? Being an optimist is all well & good. Being totally blind is something else. Allowing a game shot total in one period is not a "good way" to win any hockey game! Those of you that are saying a win is win enjoy it! This team is going no where but DOWN. They may make the play-offs. They won't be going far playing like this!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

On their best night, I don't know how good the team is.  Krejci has been the #1 center all season and, so far, he has shown the ability of a #2 center.  (Before anyone jumps on me for this, go check his PPTOI and his PP points.)  Lucic is playing great, Horton is playing average and lines 2-4 strike fear in no one.    The defense has been good and Tim Thomas has been great.

Thomas and Lucic cannot win the Cup by themselves, but they sure did beat the Caps last night, and that's awesome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]   Some of us grew up with the "lunchpail gang" mentality of, some teams may be better than the bruins, but nobody was going to outwork them.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

When was the last time this was true?  20 years ago?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holy Cow! What Happened? : When was the last time this was true?  20 years ago?

Are you saying the bruins have not had a hard working team in 20 years?
    Man, are you ever negative!
    Seriously, sometimes announcers still call them, "the big bad bruins".
    Preception can last a long time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]   So I'm a "whiner" because I am upset the bruins are outshot 26-2 in the 3rd period. I am entitled to express my disappointment, without having to apologise to those that base their opinions on a simplistic view of , "a win is a win". I don't complain if people want to post about how great this team is, because I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion (although NAS & Chowda, you might notice that you are in complete agreement with Stanley, so you may want to re-think your position). All I want to see from this team, is an honest effort, and IMO, it has not happened very often this year. I thought their last game against Philly, although a loss, was one of their best efforts of the season, and I enjoyed that game very much. Wins and losses may be all that matters to some of you, and that's fine. Some of us grew up with the "lunchpail gang" mentality of, some teams may be better than the bruins, but nobody was going to outwork them. It is pretty tough watching this group sleepwalk through 40 minutes a game, most nights.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that being a hypocrite was your style bigskye. On one hand you tell us that you are entitled to your opinion and then in the same breath you suggest that we might want to rethink our position just because of Stanley. No thanks , I think he's got a good point (too many whiners).  

P.S. My watching the Bruins goes back to the 60's ( before Orr when they were really bad) so don't bother with the Bruins history lesson. Some of you's would have balled your eyes out watching them play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the bi polar bears?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Chowda? Nobody is disputing your knowledge or history here. OK you claim you've sen the B's in worst times. OK. That suks for you.  Looking at this as a "well it was worse before." sort of way is all well & good. If that's your decision to look at it fine. But, this team is not supposed to be a medicore hockey team that needs a goalie to bail them out night after night! This team according to anybody in hockey felt this team is a contender. This team is NO WHERE NEAR playing that way on a concsistent basis! Therefore it's not playing to the standards that it's projected to be. Is the team overrated? I never thought so. However, this team is playing like pretenders, not contenders & that's where problem lies. Why do you heckle those of us that are disappointed in the teams play? It's all well & good to win & believe me! I LOVE THE FACT that TT is carrying this team on his shoulders, because it's shut the doubters up! For now anyway! Having said that. I still want this team to play to it's fullest potential. Maybe they'll do this all season & turn it all on in the play-offs? That could very well be a possibility, but myself & others are seeing something amiss here. There's trouble either with the coach, with the players, or with management somewhere & it's reflecting on the ice with their play. If you want to turn a blind eye to that' more power to ya. Optimism goes a long way in life too. I just don't like those that are pointing out things that are wrong as whiners & complainers. That isn't right! We just want the team to be the best. I've been watching since 70 & I'm tired of medicrity! I don't wanna be back in diapers when they win the Stanley cup again!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Chowda that horse- is he whinning. All in fun!

Great 2 points no matter what, would have been nice against the fn habs.

Cj thought he called a timeout when he went to his corner.

Still, 26 to 2, peewee players could have had 3.

Caps flyin, sit them on their hi-nnees and they would slow down or skate yourself.

Ryder and Recchi were horrible? Hello the team minus TT was lowsy in the third 26-2. Krej Luc and Hort had 9 shifts in that third.

I love to see that they won and Wheel is on track, but I also do not want to see of all teams Was get 26 shots in 1 period that usualy means 5-6 goals.  We have a great core in this team, it is an 82 gamer before the mad dash and there are going to be all kinds of wins and losses. Still 26-2 in the third, that is a switch that you don't want to have to turn on after you have given up the lead.  It would be better to be ready for all that can be thrown at you come playoffs, but just sittin back. 17 skaters sat and watched TT steal the show in the third.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

3 Games in 4 nights is what happened...against speed teams, Third period ran out of gas.. not surprised.. these are humans , not robots.. I will take the 2 pts and be thankful, ... As someone on here likes to say all the time " It is what it is " .. I actually thought the Caps would win big last night  due to fatigue catching up to the B's , but B's proved me wrong..Thanks again TT..Bring on Anaheim !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Chowda? Nobody is disputing your knowledge or history here. OK you claim you've sen the B's in worst times. OK. That suks for you.  Looking at this as a "well it was worse before." sort of way is all well & good. If that's your decision to look at it fine. But, this team is not supposed to be a medicore hockey team that needs a goalie to bail them out night after night! This team according to anybody in hockey felt this team is a contender. This team is NO WHERE NEAR playing that way on a concsistent basis! Therefore it's not playing to the standards that it's projected to be. Is the team overrated? I never thought so. However, this team is playing like pretenders, not contenders & that's where problem lies. Why do you heckle those of us that are disappointed in the teams play? It's all well & good to win & believe me! I LOVE THE FACT that TT is carrying this team on his shoulders, because it's shut the doubters up! For now anyway! Having said that. I still want this team to play to it's fullest potential. Maybe they'll do this all season & turn it all on in the play-offs? That could very well be a possibility, but myself & others are seeing something amiss here. There's trouble either with the coach, with the players, or with management somewhere & it's reflecting on the ice with their play. If you want to turn a blind eye to that' more power to ya. Optimism goes a long way in life too. I just don't like those that are pointing out things that are wrong as whiners & complainers. That isn't right! We just want the team to be the best. I've been watching since 70 & I'm tired of medicrity! I don't wanna be back in diapers when they win the Stanley cup again!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

38, you call it whatever you want ( pointing things out ). That's your opinion .  Here's my opinion . I call it whining. Not everything is peaches and cream with the Bruins and I respect others thoughts on what's wrong with them ( and agree with them ). Other times I think it's the nature of some people to cry about everything and anything. If they're not complaining they're not posting . IMO this is one of those times considering the circumstances.

If this type of posting bothers you then it's easier for you to ignore me then for me to block out all the ones who 'point things out'.

Being that we're on a discussion board they've got their right to 'point things out' as I have the right to say they're just whining. So feel free to ignore because you'll most likely see it again from me. Sorry that's just the way I feel on this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holy Cow! What Happened? : I didn't think that being a hypocrite was your style bigskye. On one hand you tell us that you are entitled to your opinion and then in the same breath you suggest that we might want to rethink our position just because of Stanley. No thanks , I think he's got a good point (too many whiners).   P.S. My watching the Bruins goes back to the 60's ( before Orr when they were really bad) so don't bother with the Bruins history lesson. Some of you's would have balled your eyes out watching them play.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Not sure what your problem is Chowdah(other than the fact your becoming a NAS wanabe sidekick),but the Stanley remark was an attempt at humour(sorry you missed it).
    As far as the history lesson, I was just trying to explain my position to NAS.
    Sorry if you found it condescending.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Fine then I'll continue to whine (in your eyes). I thought you could be decent about it, but I guess not. Whatever. You wanna cheer for medocity that's your right. I give this team credit when it's warranted. I don't only post to complain. I stick up for players that others trash, just as much. So far this season? The only one who's brought any peaches & cream to this team on a consistent basis is Thomas. Lucic I think is having a great come back season too, but he's only one guy on a line & he can only do so much. I think you're a great poster Chowda & I would never ignore your knowledge.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I completely agree! Our passion stirs many comments and observations. We are all entitled to our opinions. They do not make us any less a Bruins fan. I personally love to read the blogs (time permitting) about the Bruins. So many of you have such tremendous insight. The trolls I can do without though...
    Can we start a new thread with a troll list to warn people to start 2011 clean and troll free? That would be a fun thread! Merry Christmas everyone. Go Bruins! Doc

[QUOTE]There are 2 types of whiners : those who supposedly "whine" about the Bs and thos who "whine" about the "whiners."   Jeez, people take things way too personally on this board sometimes.  If someone IS a Bruins fan and says "the team stinks", he or she has every right to say so. Or the opposite.  To me that's passion.  The worst fan is the INDIFFERENT one. What is the state of the Bs right now?  Yeah, they are not giving it their full effort...RIGHT NOW.  I don't think anyone is saying that they can't or won't.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Krejci should be better. He plays like a Euro...lukewarm intensity most of the time. He should have more than 5 goals. Lucic is playing great and Horton is playing well and he is creating most of his own chances. Krejci needs to pick it up. They need to find another winger for Bergeron as well. Recchi is a no show at least once a week. Wheeler is at least trying and he can fly. I don't expect Clod do do anything though...........