Homophobic Slur Garbage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Homophobic Slur Garbage

nitemare...you are spot on, that growing minority of men who have sex with their mothers will be up in arms with this slanderous remark regarding their sexual preference. as will those who resemble their butts. because judging those for the way they look is also uncalled for. your point is made! rock solid reasoning. i hope all those sheetheads out there are prepared for the same discrimination. don't they realize how bad they smell? i think they are actually deserving of my malicious remarks... i mean really, who walks around with sheet on their head? they're askin' for it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Homophobic Slur Garbage:
    In Response to Re: Homophobic Slur Garbage : I don't think Carlin would approve of people slinging racial and ethnic slurs in the workplace, as a free speech issue.  But, he would undoubtedly be entertaining talking about it... 
    Posted by Fletcher1

Carlin used racial and ethnic slurs on a daily basis in the workplace. His stage was his workplace and his acts had tons of racial and ethnic slurs. Should he have been scolded for not being proffessional in his workplace as these professional athletes are? Did people not look up to George Carlin in a similar way that people look up to the proffessional athletes?

Where do we draw the line as to what either proffessional can use for language?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Homophobic Slur Garbage : Carlin used racial and ethnic slurs on a daily basis in the workplace. His stage was his workplace and his acts had tons of racial and ethnic slurs. Should he have been scolded for not being proffessional in his workplace as these professional athletes are? Did people not look up to George Carlin in a similar way that people look up to the proffessional athletes? Where do we draw the line as to what either proffessional can use for language?
    Posted by lambda13

1.  The NHL isn't a comedy club at 11:00 p.m.  This isn't a free speech issue.    Everybody knows that in private employment you can't shout offensive, racist things at co-workers (even if George Carlin jokes about it as part of an act).  Free speech laws do not prevent an employer from punishing or firing you for being offensive.  A gay hockey player would also have the right to not be harassed in the workplace on that basis.  Should anything that Goerge Carlin does on stage be allowed in sports, schools, churches? 

2.  You wouldn't/couldn't take kids to George Carlin shows.  The NHL promotes a family friendly atmosphere and there are kids all over the place.

Carlin wouldn't care less about people being punished for calling a black player the "n" word during a game.  It's not a "free speech" battle at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Homophobic Slur Garbage : 1.  The NHL isn't a comedy club at 11:00 p.m.  This isn't a free speech issue.    Everybody knows that in private employment you can't shout offensive, racist things at co-workers (even if George Carlin jokes about it as part of an act).  Free speech laws do not prevent an employer from punishing or firing you for being offensive.  A gay hockey player would also have the right to not be harassed in the workplace on that basis.  Should anything that Goerge Carlin does on stage be allowed in sports, schools, churches?  2.  You wouldn't/couldn't take kids to George Carlin shows.  The NHL promotes a family friendly atmosphere and there are kids all over the place. Carlin wouldn't care less about people being punished for calling a black player the "n" word during a game.  It's not a "free speech" battle at all.
    Posted by Fletcher1

You absolutely could've taken a child to see George Carlin! Mr. Roger's neighborhood!

You're point about private employment is correct, and you are right this isn't a free speech issue like I mentioned, my bad.

I just think that it is unfair to try and chain down someones emotions while they are participating in an emotionally driven game.

In your job do people run around with keyboards/phones/mice/staplers and try and hit/punch/push/pull/check you around? If you're in front of the water cooler and someone else wants to be there do they plant you in the ground to take a cup of water?

I guess I'm just all for letting them use their emotions in the game.

So if the the league is going to take that part out of the game how about they pull the BS press conferences/interviews where the players complain about one another and such? Employees shouldn't be allowed to bad mouth other employees right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Homophobic Slur Garbage : You absolutely could've taken a child to see George Carlin! Mr. Roger's neighborhood! You're point about private employment is correct, and you are right this isn't a free speech issue like I mentioned, my bad. I just think that it is unfair to try and chain down someones emotions while they are participating in an emotionally driven game. In your job do people run around with keyboards/phones/mice/staplers and try and hit/punch/push/pull/check you around? If you're in front of the water cooler and someone else wants to be there do they plant you in the ground to take a cup of water? I guess I'm just all for letting them use their emotions in the game. So if the the league is going to take that part out of the game how about they pull the BS press conferences/interviews where the players complain about one another and such? Employees shouldn't be allowed to bad mouth other employees right?
    Posted by lambda13

I don't know lambda.  I don't have the answers, just personal preferences.  I love emotion, intensity, and the ability to say nasty, rude things to eachother on the ice.  Let's just agree that the line is hard to draw, but sometimes it's worth the effort.

Sections
Shortcuts