Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13?

Do they trade for a big time scorer?  Who do the B's target?

Do they trade Thomas? or Rask?

Does anyone from the Top 6 (Bergeron, Horton, Krejci, Marchand, Seguin, Lucic) get traded?

Who do they resign?  Will Kelly be back?

How much should Dougie play if he's here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13?

Get rid of Ward, work on the PP. No need for any drastic changes, other than possibly trading Thomas. No need to add offense, all of those top 6 guys have the potential to put up 25-30 if healthy.

If any of the top 6 were to be traded, it would probably be Krejci given the abundance of centers, but I doubt that will happen.

Still a very good team, they just need to learn how to score 5-4 goals.

Dougie will have to work hard and earn any ice time he gets. Hopefully he's as good as peopel are projecting, but we all know that projection doesn't always translate to success. 

The future is still very bright in Boston with the pieces they have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Krejci and Timmy should go. NO doubt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I'm a BIG TT fan, and I hope he stays a Bruin. I think this year showed you cannot have enough NHL capable goalies.
    I will, however, not be completely shocked, if he is moved.
    My summer wish list, includes...
    Trade KREJCI (I'm over him) for DUSTIN BROWN (or another top 3 RW)
    Re-sign KELLY, or CAMPBELL for the 3rd line center position.
    Sign PARISE 5 YEAR/35 MIL
    Re-sign ZANON if they can get him for 3M/YR.

PARISE          SEGUIN          BROWN
    MARCHAND     BERGERON      HORTON
    LUCIC            KELLY/CAMP   PEVERLEY
    CARON           ???               THORNTON

The D remains the same as the beginning of last year, with the exception of ZANON, in for CORVO.
    IMO, HAMILTON is nowhere close to playing on a Claude Julian coached team.
    TT and RASK split the goaltending duties, with Khobowhatever, getting an NHL salary in Providence.

Now, will any of this actually happen? Probably not, but hey, you asked :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celts07. Show Celts07's posts

Thomas is the one Goalie STAYING for sure With his age and his contract he would not command equal value in a trade. The Bruins will not just give him away...so no deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Why the overhaul? They just really looked exhausted. Add to this core team a healthy horton, Krug, hamilton, Rask and no doubt we're back in line next year (if we stay healthy).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronoc01. Show ronoc01's posts

How about Krejci, Caron and 1st rounder to Columbus for Nash??? (Do not trade Hamilton)  Seguin has to be the number 1 centre next year, just too good to be on right wing.  And they have to do something about that PP; just brutal!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's just applaud them for an entertaining season. some changes are necessary. They need more young legs in today's NHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Bruins definitely need a scorer.  Seguin is a good speedy center, but not physically strong.  Bruins need a guy like Oveckhin or Joe Thornton type of a player who like to play physical and able to score a goal.  

Since I look at these free agents, there are couple of them that the Boston can able to afford them. But they have their own free agents such as Pallie, Kelly and Campbell who are all a worth of players to resign.

I do not know how much money they have under the cap to make the team better for the next season.  It is like that every year, Bruins alway say, we dont have money to buy talent free agent, but need the money to resign bunch of players to make the team more deeper.  Still it only work once last year where they won the cup while they were out by round 2 two out of three years.  I strongly think the Bruins should trade few guys to get a talent scorer and resign players such as Kelly, Paillie, Campbell, etc!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Not many big changes are needed. stop with the Krecjci tade talk, it's stupid! Rick Nash is not the answer! getting Krejci skilled wingers is the way smarter solution.

The Bruins had a great season and played a good series. losing in 7 games in overtime is not stinking up the joint by any means Van, Det, Pitt, the long grind of last seasons cup winning run was evident. they looked tired for the last 2 months and that's understandable.

Horton Parisi Hamilton along with a good rest this off season and the Bruins are probably cup champs next year. this team has a another championship in it's future for sure so breaking up the core is not a wise decision......

Dont forget Spooner and KoKo........they should be really really good

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

I would love them to sign Parise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I like Krecji for Jumbo Joe. I think with Caron and Looch as his wings Joe could have a resurgence here. His value has to be diminished now and he really hasn't been too bad last couple of playoffs. He was never any worse than Krecji was this year. Joe's dart passes to Looch and Caron would be likely followed by goals more often than not. Timmay should go also, only because It's gettin' to be Tuuka time and Kudhabin would be a good backup. If possible, add one more speedster like Versteeg. Then let the additions of Hamilton and Krug get the defense an upgrade. Then let's go for the cup next year with that lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

Look to Phoenix for an answer on D. Ekman-Larson has become the #1 D man for the Yotes. Could Yandle be had? I think he makes around $5.5 / yr. If not, how about young Runblad? All indications are that he is going to be a stud, and will be ready for full time duty next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgauthier1975. Show mgauthier1975's posts

Very disappoitning end for sure, but I think they'll be back and better next year. My thoughts.

1. As much as I'd love to see Parise here, I don't think it will happen.

2. First, the simple move: enough of getting these random Corvo types for that 6th D-man. Give the job to Dougie and let him learn.

3. If the deals are reasonable, sign Kelly and Campbell. Don't break the bank on them, but they're valuable guys.

4. Bye bye Paille, Rolston, Zanon and Mottau. Give Caron a shot on the 4ht line to start. Tell him the job's his to lose, and maybe we see a more consistent game out of him.

5. Pouliot - not sure here. He had his best year stats-wise, but he still disappears for way too long stretches. It's a shame, the guy is obviously skilled. If he'd take another 1 year deal, I might be interested.

Now we're getting to the real tough stuff.

6. Sign Tuukka, trade TT. This hurts because I love TT, but it's time. He has one year left with a low salary - we could get something pretty good in return. If at all possible, trade him out West. Not a reaction to last night; I just think it's time.

7. Entertain offers for Lucic. I wouldn't actively pursue this, but if the offers really good I'd seriously consdier it. He's such a unique talent with his size and skill, but he still disappears far too often. And his no-shows in the playoffs the last 2 years scare me.

8. Krejci - actively shop him. I like Krejci, and when he's dialed in, he's fantastic. Unfortunately, that just doesn't happen enough. He should be a PPG player, and he's just not. I feel like he's regressed every year since he broke out in '08-'09.

The wild card here is Horton. I think we've learned from Savard that we cannot count on him being back. So, we need another scorer.

As for coaching - people saying fire Claude are ridiculous. However, I agree that the PP needs a drastic overhaul, and if that's Ward's job, he needs to go.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Noseface killah. Show Noseface killah's posts

Actually like what your thinking, but i sign both soupy and kelly and get rid of zanon

In Response to Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13?:
    [QUOTE]I'm a BIG TT fan, and I hope he stays a Bruin. I think this year showed you cannot have enough NHL capable goalies. I will, however, not be completely shocked, if he is moved. My summer wish list, includes... Trade KREJCI (I'm over him) for DUSTIN BROWN (or another top 3 RW) Re-sign KELLY, or CAMPBELL for the 3rd line center position. Sign PARISE 5 YEAR/35 MIL Re-sign ZANON if they can get him for 3M/YR. PARISE          SEGUIN          BROWN MARCHAND     BERGERON      HORTON LUCIC            KELLY/CAMP   PEVERLEY CARON           ???               THORNTON The D remains the same as the beginning of last year, with the exception of ZANON, in for CORVO. IMO, HAMILTON is nowhere close to playing on a Claude Julian coached team. TT and RASK split the goaltending duties, with Khobowhatever, getting an NHL salary in Providence. Now, will any of this actually happen? Probably not, but hey, you asked :)
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins definitely need a scorer.  Seguin is a good speedy center, but not physically strong.  Bruins need a guy like Oveckhin or Joe Thornton type of a player who like to play physical and able to score a goal.   Since I look at these free agents, there are couple of them that the Boston can able to afford them. But they have their own free agents such as Pallie, Kelly and Campbell who are all a worth of players to resign. I do not know how much money they have under the cap to make the team better for the next season.  It is like that every year, Bruins alway say, we dont have money to buy talent free agent, but need the money to resign bunch of players to make the team more deeper.  Still it only work once last year where they won the cup while they were out by round 2 two out of three years.  I strongly think the Bruins should trade few guys to get a talent scorer and resign players such as Kelly, Paillie, Campbell, etc!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

news flash - Joe Thorton is neither a goal scorer or a physical player.  he also carries the tag of being a playoff disappointment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13? : news flash - Joe Thorton is neither a goal scorer or a physical player.  he also carries the tag of being a playoff disappointment.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]

I mean the old Joe Thorton guy!!  Not joe Thorton of today.  

I was just giving an example of what the Bruins need.  Need a guy who is not afraid to go strong between against two defenders and try to score a goal.  Bru

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Very disappoitning end for sure, but I think they'll be back and better next year. My thoughts. 1. As much as I'd love to see Parise here, I don't think it will happen. 2. First, the simple move: enough of getting these random Corvo types for that 6th D-man. Give the job to Dougie and let him learn. 3. If the deals are reasonable, sign Kelly and Campbell. Don't break the bank on them, but they're valuable guys. 4. Bye bye Paille, Rolston, Zanon and Mottau. Give Caron a shot on the 4ht line to start. Tell him the job's his to lose, and maybe we see a more consistent game out of him. 5. Pouliot - not sure here. He had his best year stats-wise, but he still disappears for way too long stretches. It's a shame, the guy is obviously skilled. If he'd take another 1 year deal, I might be interested. Now we're getting to the real tough stuff. 6. Sign Tuukka, trade TT. This hurts because I love TT, but it's time. He has one year left with a low salary - we could get something pretty good in return. If at all possible, trade him out West. Not a reaction to last night; I just think it's time. 7. Entertain offers for Lucic. I wouldn't actively pursue this, but if the offers really good I'd seriously consdier it. He's such a unique talent with his size and skill, but he still disappears far too often. And his no-shows in the playoffs the last 2 years scare me. 8. Krejci - actively shop him. I like Krejci, and when he's dialed in, he's fantastic. Unfortunately, that just doesn't happen enough. He should be a PPG player, and he's just not. I feel like he's regressed every year since he broke out in '08-'09. The wild card here is Horton. I think we've learned from Savard that we cannot count on him being back. So, we need another scorer. As for coaching - people saying fire Claude are ridiculous. However, I agree that the PP needs a drastic overhaul, and if that's Ward's job, he needs to go.
    Posted by mgauthier1975[/QUOTE]

Great post.  I don't disagree with anything you said, although I'd make Parise a priority, if he'll consider coming here.  If ... if ... Parise were to sign here, could a Krejci or Thomas trade produce a legitimate goal scorer - it seems that's what we need to compliment an emerging Seguin and a creative Rich Peverley ... Seguin grew a great deal in the last two games, alone.  No time for panic - the team is still built to succeed and should after a long and restful off-season, which they obviously didn't have last year for good reason ... very good reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Very disappoitning end for sure, but I think they'll be back and better next year. My thoughts. 1. As much as I'd love to see Parise here, I don't think it will happen. 2. First, the simple move: enough of getting these random Corvo types for that 6th D-man. Give the job to Dougie and let him learn. 3. If the deals are reasonable, sign Kelly and Campbell. Don't break the bank on them, but they're valuable guys. 4. Bye bye Paille, Rolston, Zanon and Mottau. Give Caron a shot on the 4ht line to start. Tell him the job's his to lose, and maybe we see a more consistent game out of him. 5. Pouliot - not sure here. He had his best year stats-wise, but he still disappears for way too long stretches. It's a shame, the guy is obviously skilled. If he'd take another 1 year deal, I might be interested. Now we're getting to the real tough stuff. 6. Sign Tuukka, trade TT. This hurts because I love TT, but it's time. He has one year left with a low salary - we could get something pretty good in return. If at all possible, trade him out West. Not a reaction to last night; I just think it's time. 7. Entertain offers for Lucic. I wouldn't actively pursue this, but if the offers really good I'd seriously consdier it. He's such a unique talent with his size and skill, but he still disappears far too often. And his no-shows in the playoffs the last 2 years scare me. 8. Krejci - actively shop him. I like Krejci, and when he's dialed in, he's fantastic. Unfortunately, that just doesn't happen enough. He should be a PPG player, and he's just not. I feel like he's regressed every year since he broke out in '08-'09. The wild card here is Horton. I think we've learned from Savard that we cannot count on him being back. So, we need another scorer. As for coaching - people saying fire Claude are ridiculous. However, I agree that the PP needs a drastic overhaul, and if that's Ward's job, he needs to go.
    Posted by mgauthier1975[/QUOTE]

First, I notice that you don't have many posts and this post is quite sensible.  Thank you.

Mottau - under rated.  He quietly did a good job.  He probably can be had on the cheap.

re: not actively shopping Lucic, GM's phones are ringing all the time as they are always beating the bushes hoping something will pop out.  From all I've read, it's the exception to the rule that someone like MOC goes out and dumps J Thornton for whatever someone has to offer.

re: Benoit, if he's looking for a raise, let him look elsewhere.  At his price I'll accept the AWOL spells.

re: TT  Having 2 number 1 goalies is an enormous luxury.  You have to wonder if TT's best days are far behind him and getting farther quick.  You have to wonder if Rask is fragile, he seems to already have his fair share of injuries.  You have to wonder what they could get for either one of thme.  We'll all be debating this all summer long.

re: Krecji, I wonder if he is hurt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

The biggest moves are going to be getting healthy...

PC has the money to go get a Parise or whatever, but this team is pretty dirty when fully healthy...

But you gotta re-sign guys before you can sign guys...

Re-sign Tuukka, Kelly, and Campbell...

Maybe Paille as well, but Caron could just fill in there...

Also, I'm hoping Pouliot is gone and PC either re-signs Rolston, or signs someone else for that 3rd line winger spot...

Lastly, I think Dougie makes the team next year...

He is too good for juniors and won't go to Providence...

So fully healthy, the Bruins will be sick again next year...

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Pouliot/Rolston/???-Kelly-Peverley
    Paille/Caron-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg
    Ference-Boychuk
    Hamilton-McQuaid

Timmy
    Tuukka
    Hopefully Khudobin

Solid forward depth again and that D group is ridiculously solid...

At the end of the day, the 2012-2013 Boston Bruins will be a good deal better than this year's team if they are healthy IMO...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

1. Sign Parise.
    2. Sign Suter.
    3. Sign Quick.
    4. Re-organize through trades for draft picks to shed salary. Send TT and Paille or Campbell or Kelly to LA for Quick. Could even ship out one of Ference or Boychuck. Imagine Chara, Suter, Seidenberg, Boychuck, McQuaid, Zanon/Hamilton?
    5. Figure out the cap because I'm too lazy. It can be done. I was playing around on cap geek the other day. Difficult but not impossible.
    6. FIRE WARD. If I see the Bruins powerplay as ineffective as its been the last 2 years again I will... IDK what I'll do. But I won't be happy. Get Adam Oates as a powerplay consultant.
    7. GET HEALTHY. McQuaid would have been an X factor in this series I think. His intimidating presence was missed. Horton would have been a difference maker. He wasn't there to lock down game 7 for us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Ugh, if only the playoffs lasted longer... the season of wild and ridiculous speculation is going to be a long one.

Parise will probably re-sign with the Devils. If he doesn't, he will likely sign with a team that actually needs - and will spend a ton of money on - a top line winger, not one that has 4 already.

Quick isn't going anywhere. He's RFA and I think LA actually likes having him on the team for some reason. I think they might also like the way Brown has been playing. Just maybe.

Suter might move, but again, he will probably sign with a team with lots of cap space and a need for a top D. Detroit anyone?

For the Bruins I'm really hoping for not many changes. When healthy they are the deepest and best team in the league:

-I would entertain moving Thomas if a good offer was out there. A 1st rounder or similar. He is approaching the end of his career and Rask most likely wants more starts. If there isn't a good offer, it's fine to keep him too.
    -Sign Zanon, Let Corvo and Mottau walk, Dougie Hamilton gets a shot as 7th D. I like the way Zanon fit in with the team, and he's a lefty. Hamilton has been outstanding as a junior, I would like to see him get a chance to see if he's ready to play at the NHL level.
    -Sign Rolston. He was versatile and valuable, and will probably come cheep. He can fit in any position on any line. He's also a lefty for draws, which is valuable since Krejci, Bergeron and Peverley are all righties.
    -Explore signing Kelly, Campbell and Paille. I probably would not sign all of them, but at least two, depending on cost. My preference is Kelly and Campbell, with Caron or Rolston taking Paille's spot, but if they become too expensive it might be best to let them walk. My gut feeling is that Kelly could be signed at a level that would still make him worth it.
    -If other players sign, I would trade Pouliot's rights. I thought he played well, but also took annoying stick penalties. If the UFA's become too costly, I would look at bringing Pouliot back. The spare forward should be a prospect.

I think this team will be better than last year because I think the D will fit together better, Horton will hopefully be 100% after a long layoff, they will be rested, and most of all Seguin, in his third year, will likely now break out as a true star. The lineup I hope to see in the fall is:

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Rolston-Kelly-Peverley
    Caron-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuck
    Seidenberg-McQuaid
    Ference-Hamilton

Rask-Khubodin

Zanon, Spooner(or whoever is the best young forward in camp)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]Ugh, if only the playoffs lasted longer... the season of wild and ridiculous speculation is going to be a long one. Parise will probably re-sign with the Devils. If he doesn't, he will likely sign with a team that actually needs - and will spend a ton of money on - a top line winger, not one that has 4 already. Quick isn't going anywhere. He's RFA and I think LA actually likes having him on the team for some reason. I think they might also like the way Brown has been playing. Just maybe. Suter might move, but again, he will probably sign with a team with lots of cap space and a need for a top D. Detroit anyone? For the Bruins I'm really hoping for not many changes. When healthy they are the deepest and best team in the league: -I would entertain moving Thomas if a good offer was out there. A 1st rounder or similar. He is approaching the end of his career and Rask most likely wants more starts. If there isn't a good offer, it's fine to keep him too. -Sign Zanon, Let Corvo and Mottau walk, Dougie Hamilton gets a shot as 7th D. I like the way Zanon fit in with the team, and he's a lefty. Hamilton has been outstanding as a junior, I would like to see him get a chance to see if he's ready to play at the NHL level. -Sign Rolston. He was versatile and valuable, and will probably come cheep. He can fit in any position on any line. He's also a lefty for draws, which is valuable since Krejci, Bergeron and Peverley are all righties. -Explore signing Kelly, Campbell and Paille. I probably would not sign all of them, but at least two, depending on cost. My preference is Kelly and Campbell, with Caron or Rolston taking Paille's spot, but if they become too expensive it might be best to let them walk. My gut feeling is that Kelly could be signed at a level that would still make him worth it. -If other players sign, I would trade Pouliot's rights. I thought he played well, but also took annoying stick penalties. If the UFA's become too costly, I would look at bringing Pouliot back. The spare forward should be a prospect. I think this team will be better than last year because I think the D will fit together better, Horton will hopefully be 100% after a long layoff, they will be rested, and most of all Seguin, in his third year, will likely now break out as a true star. The lineup I hope to see in the fall is: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin Lucic-Krejci-Horton Rolston-Kelly-Peverley Caron-Campbell-Thornton Chara-Boychuck Seidenberg-McQuaid Ference-Hamilton Rask-Khubodin Zanon, Spooner(or whoever is the best young forward in camp)
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I've been saying to try and pick up Suter and Parise for awhile. I heard they are good friends and *might* take a little less money to be able to play together. Not sure if that is rumour or truth, but it would be interesting. We have 4 top line wingers? Who? Where were they over the past week and a half? At best we have 3. MAYBE 3, with a healthy Horton. Translates to Lucic, Horton, and Marchand. What other wingers do we have? They are all converted centers. Peverley is not a creative wing, he's a creative CENTER who needs consistent practice at faceoffs. Seguin is a converted center. We could use a wing. And a right wing for that matter.

As for Quick, LA has 2 goalies that are good. Quick is incredible and Bernier was great. They are going to run into a TR and TT problem shortly if Bernier continues his path. Only problem they have is that both Quick and Bernier are younger. I don't see them both staying happy and splitting time anymore than TR and TT are going to be happy doing it again.

I'd like to re-sign Rolston, but his cap hit was something like $5 million this year? Ugh not for that kind of money.

Pouliot deserves another year with us. Zanon is a great depth d-man. I'd like to keep Kelly but he may have priced himself out unless he takes home town discount. Paille is frustrating as hell. He's so quick but he can't make a move for his life. Campbell is a solid 4th line center. Bye Corvo. Mattau if he takes minimum can stay with Providence.

I'm of the impression that if we cleaned out BOTH goalies to pick up the pieces I mentioned, despite having quite a few fans a little sad that TT and TR are gone, they would be happy with Quick and Khudobin as back up.

If we don't and keep both TT and TR somehow, I suggest signing Turco as an extra piece. At the worst he can teach TT and TR how to handle the god forsaken puck.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ugh, if only the playoffs lasted longer... the season of wild and ridiculous speculation is going to be a long one. Parise will probably re-sign with the Devils. If he doesn't, he will likely sign with a team that actually needs - and will spend a ton of money on - a top line winger, not one that has 4 already.  Just maybe. Suter might move, but again, he will probably sign with a team with lots of cap space and a need for a top D. Detroit anyone?
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Oates, I actually hear rumours that Carolina plans to take a run at getting Suter and Parise.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]Let's just applaud them for an entertaining season. some changes are necessary. They need more young legs in today's NHL.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I Think they need more size up front to,other than Lucic and Horton there not very big,i think bigger player would have helped them break Washington's defensive coverage