Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13?

Send Timmy to Tampa for Purcell. They need a goalie, we need offense. You can't think about the past; Timmy is clearly on the decline and I think Tampa feels it is a goalie and a defenseman or two away from being legitimate contender. Purcell scored about 65 points and lead Tampa in +/-. I think him, Seguin and Lucic could form a beast of a line.

Gotta bring back Kelly; that's pretty obvious.
    Depending on if they're sold on a prospect, they should keep AT LEAST Rolston or Pouliot, if not both (if they feel that no prospects are ready).
    Probably give Caron a permanent spot, either on the 3rd line or 4th line. I think he would fit in well with Pevs and Kelly if given a camp to work with them.
    Keep Paille and Soup.
    Thorny? Maybe as the 13th guy, but I think this team is battle tested enough to where they can let him go.
    This leaves us with:
    Seguin
    Krejci
    Bergeron
    Lucic
    Marchand
    Peverley
    Kelly
    Caron
    Paille
    Campbell
    Thorny? Rolston? Pouliot? Purcell (or other top 6 forward acquired by trade)?
    Horton (if deemed healthy)?

On D, keep it simple, other than the last two spots.
    Chara
    Seids
    Ference
    Boychuck
    McQuaid

On the last spot, I'd say just play Dougie alongside Seids or Chara. Give him the spot. He'll probably have some growing pains, but I feel like an other year of juniors will probably make him regress. His confidence is probably really high right now, and you gotta ride that out. I feel as though he'll be good enough with the puck, and that if he can learn positioning, he'll be fine, especially if he beefed up even 10 pounds.

7th spot? This depends on Krug. I'd say bring back Zanon (even though I felt he should have played Knuble on that last play by diving and sweeping the puck to the corner.....whatever) and give him a shot in camp in case Krug isn't ready. That leaves the option open for them to put Krug in Providence and keep around a known commodity.

Obviously I don't know the exact cap numbers, but I'd imagine that none of this isn't possible.
    Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13? : Oates, I actually hear rumours that Carolina plans to take a run at getting Suter and Parise.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    If Carolina makes a play on one or both of these players,and i think you are right dez,they will be back as a playoff team in the east. They have great goaltending,solid d and some good young homegrown talent.I think they have the cap space as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13? : If Carolina makes a play on one or both of these players,and i think you are right dez,they will be back as a playoff team in the east. They have great goaltending,solid d and some good young homegrown talent.I think they have the cap space as well.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    I can't provide any links but it's something they really think they can pull off in Carolina.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13? : I can't provide any links but it's something they really think they can pull off in Carolina.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I think i was watching the TSN hockey panel one night and Dreger or McKenzie mentioned Rutherford was going to be an interested player come July 1st.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13? : I think i was watching the TSN hockey panel one night and Dreger or McKenzie mentioned Rutherford was going to be an interested player come July 1st.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    Signing both of those guys is a serious upgrade for any team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]I would love them to sign Parise.
    Posted by tommy3123[/QUOTE]

Exactly what we should do!  Put Lucic where he should be (2nd liner), get a PP talent and legit first line guy who plays like a rabid dog and battles like crazy.  Oh ya, he can score 45 goals in Jersey's system, and will only cost about $1.5-2 M more than Krejci, and specifically mentioned he wants to play in a place like Boston that can win every year and is a passionate hockey city! 

What's 2+2?  We have plenty of cap for next year, and if you need to chose between Horton and Parise, especially given Hortons head issues, that's an easy call.  Take the top end guy who will cost a few mill more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

That's it! Just turn the salary cap off and turn on "Accept all trades", and then go after Nash, Parise and Brown! Cup Champs in '13!

Sorry guys, but if you really think that a team that was 2nd in scoring is going to tear apart and build back up the offense this offseason, you're either a) uneducated with the salary cap, or b) delusional.

This team needs some tweaks, I agree (any team can get better). But they don't need any drastic changes.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Honeymoon now over---B's moves 2012-13?:
    [QUOTE]Do they trade for a big time scorer?  Who do the B's target? Do they trade Thomas? or Rask? Does anyone from the Top 6 (Bergeron, Horton, Krejci, Marchand, Seguin, Lucic) get traded? Who do they resign?  Will Kelly be back? How much should Dougie play if he's here?
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]
    there is this player on Dallas who scored 34 wasted goals this year.

Sections
Shortcuts