Hornqvist NOT Suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Hornqvist NOT Suspended

Has a player ever been suspended for an elbow to a Bruins' player's head?

I think not.

How is this elbow to Seguin's head not an elbow?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Re: Hornqvist NOT Suspended

I think it's one of those cases where there was not intent - but at the same time by the reasoning of the league this is one they are trying to get rid of, and he should have at least gotten one game IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Hornqvist NOT Suspended:
    I think it's one of those cases where there was not intent - but at the same time by the reasoning of the league this is one they are trying to get rid of, and he should have at least gotten one game IMO.
    Posted by matttt87

Rewatch the replay - no intent?  Horcrux lead with his elbow aimed at Seguin's head - no intent? 

Perhaps he was airing his armpit and mistakenly found himself in position to make contact?  "Coach says follow through on ..." - absurd!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hornqvist NOT Suspended : Rewatch the replay - no intent?  Horcrux lead with his elbow aimed at Seguin's head - no intent?
    Posted by huscroft28

I agree Hus.It looked like he came straight in leading with his elbow.I thought it was worse than Marchand's hit by far but I'm no longer surprised when people go unpunished for dirty hits against Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I'm calling the cops!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would argue Hornqvist showed more intent than Marchand and the reason being Marchand is so short, he was looking to gain a physical advantage with a check, but he was irresponsible with his arm.

Hornqvist came whipping in out of nowhere, lined up Seguin and then raised his elbow at his head as he followed through.

The way I understood the new rule is you don't; need to showcase "intent", but it's up the players to keep elbows tucked in.

The NHL is very much not consistent on these things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to Re: Hornqvist NOT Suspended : Rewatch the replay - no intent?  Horcrux lead with his elbow aimed at Seguin's head - no intent?  Perhaps he was airing his armpit and mistakenly found himself in position to make contact?  "Coach says follow through on ..." - absurd!
    Posted by huscroft28

I have rewatched the replay many times, he spins as he htis the boards and his elbow comes out, at the time of contact he was looking away from Seguin towards the play. It looked more to me like he was pulling his elbow out so that he would hit the boards with his back and not his arm rather then elbow Seguin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

Hey... this is the NHL discipline committee we're talking about... don't expect anything serious from them !

But I have to agree, he should have got a suspension.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i imagine the fact that it was not from behind was the decision. What about intent to injure, and Seguin needing stitches??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I havent seen anything on NHL.com  They have ALREADY ruled on this?  Seems like if this IS indeed the case, there may be some "punishment" for Chara's hit happening.  Seems as though the officiating has been horrible since that hit.  Marchand was suspended for a far lesser act than Hornqvist's, so if he isnt suspended it WREAKS of rotten fish.  Heatley's hit was along the same lines, and when I saw Hornqvist hit Seguin I immediately thought "OH, thats gonna be 2-4 games!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

The lack of consitency in these rulings is unbearable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Guys calm down, please. We are sending some of our best police detectives down to Nashville as we speak.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I didn't feel he deserved a suspension.  Good call by the NHL here

Now it's a good thing he didn't do this to a Hab.  Right now, he would be facing Death By French Water Torture.....which is where they cry and complain until their collective tears and saliva drown you to death

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If they want to stop these plays from happening, they have to suspend every player, every time.  I don't think there is a question about what happened.  It was clearly an elbow to the head.

He should have received the same as the others.  When you make $3M, do you care about a $2,500 fine?  That's a $25 parking ticket for someone who makes $30K.  Big deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I agree with the ruling. But at the same time the NHL needs a serious plan to deal with head hits. They need to be consistent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

i imagine the fact that it was not from behind was the decision. What about intent to injure, and Seguin needing stitches??
    Posted by bogie6

it doesn't have to be from behind, it is blind side or lateral.  Can easily be considered lateral.  And it doesn't have to be targeted, just principal point of contact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I think we should picket out front of the Garden...and call the Columbus police and try to have him arrested..

Oh, wait; wrong boards...thought I was in Montreal for a second.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seems like this hit is similar to Kostopoulos on Brad Stuart.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcuvXx3SjgU

Kostopoulos got 6 games (repeat offender).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I don't mind the no suspension i just wish the league could show some consistency.  It is either you they suspend him for 2 games like they did with Marchand or you don't suspend Marchand at all!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Where are you guys seeing this "no suspension" stuff?  I check NHL.com almost hourly throughout the day, along with the Bruins site, and I have yet to see official confirmation about this.  Also have a hard time believing the league came down this soon after the guy was tossed for a 5 minute major hit to the head.  Any links with confirmation would be great.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=358547

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Hornqvist NOT Suspended : I have rewatched the replay many times, he spins as he htis the boards and his elbow comes out, at the time of contact he was looking away from Seguin towards the play. It looked more to me like he was pulling his elbow out so that he would hit the boards with his back and not his arm rather then elbow Seguin.
    Posted by matttt87

Rubbish.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Hornqvist NOT Suspended : Rubbish.
    Posted by huscroft28

No doubt.  That theory is as daggum stupid as the "Marchand was pulling his arm in" theory floated around last week.

Sections
Shortcuts