Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season

Claude calls a timeout with a min 22 left when the habs had a gassed unit out there after an icing call? He is an idiot and when the bruins had sustained preausre in the Montreal end why wasn;t the goalie pulled sooner?

The powerplay is what it is at this point unless help is brought in from the outside I see it being the same as it was last year and how its gone tonight. Sad bruins only goal they didn;t even score it tonight it was gift wraped off a habs stick.

The first period the bruins totaly out played the habs but as usual the bruins just seem to disaper for whatever reason for long periods of the game. Montreal played last night and out times out worked the bruins for long stretches of the game totaly unacceptable. Its time for this team to get their heads out of there bums. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season

What was he thinking with that timeout? Stupid.

To be honest of with you, this is the Bruins of last year pre- Game 3 vs. Montreal.
    Is there a more frustrating team in sports?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season

I don't blame the coach.  The team has to play better.  Period.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season:
    Claude calls a timeout with a min 22 left when the habs had a gassed unit out there after an icing call? He is an idiot and when the bruins had sustained preausre in the Montreal end why wasn;t the goalie pulled sooner? The powerplay is what it is at this point unless help is brought in from the outside I see it being the same as it was last year and how its gone tonight. Sad bruins only goal they didn;t even score it tonight it was gift wraped off a habs stick. The first period the bruins totaly out played the habs but as usual the bruins just seem to disaper for whatever reason for long periods of the game. Montreal played last night and out times out worked the bruins for long stretches of the game totaly unacceptable. Its time for this team to get their heads out of there bums. 
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

LucicM, I always think that I'm angry after a loss until I read your posts. Then I realize I'm actually very patient and forgiving with the team I love. When I look up at the Stanley Cup poster over my TV, I find it impossible not to smile. Sometimes I break into a full blown laugh. It'll turn around buddy. Patience young grasshopper.........patience.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season:
    Posted by hangnail

Exactly.  Better they get the kinks out now then have them hit as they enter the playoffs next April.  They will find their form.  Right now they don't have it consistently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season:
    In Response to Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season : Exactly.  Better they get the kinks out now then have them hit as they enter the playoffs next April.  They will find their form.  Right now they don't have it consistently.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

RHO all true...I can honestly say I haven't had a problem with the team's effort in any game this season - until tonight.  I was hoping after 10 games they would have 13 points to put them on pace for 100.  Most they can get now is 8...tough to play catch-up.  They just need to finish much more consistently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season : RHO all true...I can honestly say I haven't had a problem with the team's effort in any game this season - until tonight.  I was hoping after 10 games they would have 13 points to put them on pace for 100.  Most they can get now is 8...tough to play catch-up.  They just need to finish much more consistently.
    Posted by hangnail

hang - Had the Bruins buried those chances in the first period, the game might have had a different result.  From the second period onward, I think we could all see the Habs up their compete level and the home side didn't match it.  With Montreal beating the Bruins to pucks in the Boston end, they forced them to fumble around.  I think we could sense the Habs were gradually taking control of the game.  You're right.  Consistency in finishing and overall performance is lacking big time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season : Exactly.  Better they get the kinks out now then have them hit as they enter the playoffs next April.  They will find their form.  Right now they don't have it consistently.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

PLAYOFFS?  PLAYOFFS?  You have to be kidding.  If they dont get their head our of their azzes and stop celebrating last year's cup, they will be planning their lottery pick.  I am totally disgusted with the lack of effort and sense of entitlement on this team.  Sure they won last year and I am forever grateful, but they have forgotten what they did to win last year.  Totally disgusted at the moment...... Still cursing at the Television and highlights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season : PLAYOFFS?  PLAYOFFS?  You have to be kidding.  If they dont get their head our of their azzes and stop celebrating last year's cup, they will be planning their lottery pick.  I am totally disgusted with the lack of effort and sense of entitlement on this team.  Sure they won last year and I am forever grateful, but they have forgotten what they did to win last year.  Totally disgusted at the moment...... Still cursing at the Television and highlights.
    Posted by SmokingJoe

Joe - I hear you.  They're brutally inconsistent right now.  I'm just thinking the club is too good to remain as they are.  I'm not saying it's impossible.  Just doubtful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In Response to Re: Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season : I feel the exact same way.  All this talk about other teams bringing their A-game against us is getting a little tiresome.  Why should this matter?  Are we good or aren't we?  What does the other team's approach to us have to do with that?  We win if we're good.  Figure it out.
    Posted by mattc355

It's easy to figure out. Right now the Bs are an embarrassment and we have to stop excusing it all away. The only 'repeat' I'm feeling is last night's souvlaki.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Posted by hangnail

I endorse this post 100 %.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

They dont seem to be putting the work in.  The Carolina game they looked like they would go to the well of starting a couple fights and everything would be fine... but it wasnt. Same tonight... they got the Peverly breakaway, the Horton shot out in front... the Price gaffe behind the net... and they cant seem to stuff it in the net. 

Its not so much a hangover to me as its when they were playing in the playoffs, by the time they were done with Philly their confidence and rhythm was perfect... all the way to the end.  Now, it seems like that magic is just gone and they are a little lost out there not knowing how to get it back, or what they did to get it in the first place.  Like I said, its tough to watch, but they really are looking fragile right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

After winning the cup they earned a long leash but at some point pride has to kick in. Alot of the problems we're seeing are the same ones from this past reg season so we know it can be fixed. Certain players need to start giving an honest effort every night all night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Horrid Coaching, Can't finish scoring chances, Not playing for 60 mins, No pp Same ol story this season : LucicM, I always think that I'm angry after a loss until I read your posts. Then I realize I'm actually very patient and forgiving with the team I love. When I look up at the Stanley Cup poster over my TV, I find it impossible not to smile. Sometimes I break into a full blown laugh. It'll turn around buddy. Patience young grasshopper.........patience.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I agree but if they continue this trend for another 3-5 games it will be something to be concerned with.I think Julien needs to sit down and come up with some new line combinations.I think Krejci is being poorly utilized at the moment.Having McQuaid back is a big boost to the back end but several forwards seem out of sorts right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

McQuaid looked really bad tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Cannot blame the coach for non-performance that starts with the captain who was a fumbling fool last night. constantly misplaying the puck and being swarmed by all the Montreal speedsters. There were very few players that seemed committed after period one, so where does Chiarelli look? The entire defense took too long to pass , and then made soft or off line mistakes. Same with some of the forwards. Too much standing around looking for someone else to get the puck and move.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I guess one thing if you wanted something positive the bruin had their chances to score. The montreal defender made a great play diving in front of an open net chance when Price was out of position and the Peverly breakaway I think hit Prices stick knob. At the end of the day thought they need to find ways to score. I didn't see the Leafs and Sharks games last week as I was out of state but looking at the box score we outshot the sharks by a good amount so I am guessing intensity and effort weren;t the bruins problem that game it was probably not putting home scoring chances.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Hey maybe Chara will get arrested tomorrow and won't play....it may help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Team needs a top 3 All-star forward!  They got the money, good god with the ticket price increases over the last 5 years I have paid for the services of watching an Ovechkin run around the ice in a B's uniform.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

PC needs to make a trade to shake these guys up and also training with claude on how to use time outs properly

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Cannot blame the coach. He's doing what he can, except for changing the 4th line, it must be that he recognizes that the Garden crowd would rather watch Thornton than see a win. Not that changing out Thornton alone will change the result, but, as long as he rolls 4 lines, more skill on his 4th is vital. Hes also given Pouliot more than enough rope, so yank him. Also the defense. Not McQuaid, he thought he made the play, as did Timmy, a combination of mistakes. Corvo pulled out the old " try to do too much" and confused all of his on ice teammates. Chara fumbled and misplayed the puck as he constantly looked for those speedy other guys. Heads up, control the puck, make good passes, and keep moving on the PP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

The time-out forementionned in this  post is  in fact a stupid call from Julien. I was flicking bach home to hear the Habs Broadcaster RDS and they even mentionned that  claude  gave a  freebee to the Habs 4th line on the ice at that  time. As for PP and  special teams coaching,  the Habs fired their  Special team  coach  earlier this week. the Bruins are  still in the observation mode after  nearly 2 years in bad PP.
    I think the players will come out strong tonight if they have an once of heart in them. enough with the Cup Hangover, someone has to stand up in the dressing room if there is any leaders left in this team

Sections
Shortcuts