Horton a disapointment in your eyes this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Horton a disapointment in your eyes this season?

Maybe I over estimated what Horton would do as a bruin. I originaly pictured him playing with Savy and being fed easy goals from that. Obv. Savy was never savy for the little he played this season.

He got his 19th tonight so I am going to assume he nets at least one more I would guess he might even be able to get to 25 before the seasons over. Bassed on my expectations before the season I thought he would get 30 or more.

Looking at his past seasons hes always been right around a little above 20 a year. Do you consider him a disapointment based on this season because of your expectations beofre the season? I guess I overated his production but based on his past seasons hes right on targert to be where he usualy is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Horton a disapointment in your eyes this season?

Bump waiting for others opinions

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

No I don't. Kid has worked very hard for the most part all season. Has been a victim of terrible luck. Hope he continues to play angry alongside Looch. The KHL line should of never been split up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Eh, sort of.  I thought he would have scored more by this point, especially after he had such a great start to the season.  But you really can't complain about the team's offensive production as a whole.  The Bruins don't rely on  one or two prototypical "goal scorers" (like Horton), but rather the offensive depth of the entire team.  Therefore his production thus far may be a little underwhelming, but it really hasn't hurt the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I think he is what he is but I guess my expectations were unrealistic before the season. I thought he would be flirting with 40 that appears to be way off. So overall is he a disapointment I guess no bassed on what he has done in previous seasons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Yeah, I never thought Horton would be a 40 goal scorer this season.  He had never done it in Florida, so there was no reason for me to believe he would do it with the Bruins.  I was expecting something along the lines of 25-30 goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I was expecting 30 goals. But I do see hard work from him most nights and he does a lot of other things. At $4M, it's a tough call.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm glad Horton's on the club.  If he had any kind of luck with those hit posts, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I'd read earlier that while a Panther, he had a rep as a floater.  I doubt we can pin that on him so far this year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Horton getting 25 goals this year after several scoring draughts is a good total...

Therefore I would have to say - scoring: small letdown...overall grittiness and general play: better than expected. It's a wash.

Still time to ramp it up before the playoffs though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Horton a disapointment in your eyes this season?:
    I'm glad Horton's on the club.  If he had any kind of luck with those hit posts, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I'd read earlier that while a Panther, he had a rep as a floater.  I doubt we can pin that on him so far this year. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

From my view Nathon is not even close to a floater I am actualy impressed he has even dropped the gloves some. I haven't seen bad luck like hes having scoring goals since I forget the year but one year Steve Heinze could do everything but put the puck in the net.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Considering there might only be one 50 goal scorer this year in the NHL, his goal output is actually pretty good for this years goal out put through out the league..Some guys would kill for 20-25 goals this season..ie Zetterberg, Thorton, etc.. Nathan has more than they do.. I have been impressed with his recent play and being a presence on #1 line and chipping in with goals... Good to see..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I was not a Horton fan and said so on this board. But once he put on the spoked "B" he had my support.

While I would like to see more scoring from him, he has been getting chances. He's had some bad luck but he's been working through it rather than loafing. I think having him out there with Lucic has helped Milan's game as well. Overall it's been a very good trade for the B's.

Definitely not a disappointment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chapter10. Show chapter10's posts

Big strong power forwards that can pot 20+ goals do not grow on trees; he has a great scoring touch, good speed, hits, fights, and creates space for his playmaking centre. There were a lot of expectations put on Horton this year by B's fans, and I for one will be extatic if he plays the way he has throughout the rest of his contract for the B's. On a side note, as someone said above, he has been through some slumps...the difference between this year and his career in Florida, while in Florida if he wasn't scoring he became invisible and his heart / effort was constantly quetioned. As a Bruin, you can't question his effort drive and heart in any game, especially when he isn't scoring. He goes out and does all the other things that make him a great player (hitting, forechecking, etc.).

Not a disappointment and will only get better!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Horton a disapointment in your eyes this season?:
    Considering there might only be one 50 goal scorer this year in the NHL, his goal output is actually pretty good for this years goal out put through out the league..Some guys would kill for 20-25 goals this season..ie Zetterberg, Thorton, etc.. Nathan has more than they do.. I have been impressed with his recent play and being a presence on #1 line and chipping in with goals... Good to see..
    Posted by cowboys9

If anything,I find the timing of this thread to be strange since Horton has played like a stud for the past few weeks.If this is the player that shows up for playoffs I'll be more than pleased.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

No disapointment to me. Had he not hit the post and crossbar numerous times and potted half of those in the first 30 games he would be well on his way passed 30. He was in a funk for awhile but his total game has improved. I think he has a good chance to be a 40 goal scorer in years to come. I like what he brings to the Krejci / Lucic / Horton line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Horton is a solid addition to the Bruins. He probably had some bad habits formed when playing in Florida, but they all seem to have been erased, and he has helped Looch be as good as he has been.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Good info and bassed on the posts of most Horton isn't a disapointment. I agree he is a good addition I just hope he can hit that other level and become a 30 plus goal scorer eventualy. I believe his draft year he was taken in the top 5. I wonder if he has peaked yet. Hope not

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does in the playoffs. The playoffs are like a dream yet to be realized for him so I think the rush and excitement of it all will bring him to another level. I can see this kid being a real force in the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts