Horton & McQuaid Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Horton & McQuaid Updates

So does it worry anyone that PC made a distinction between "cleared for contact" versus "completely cleared", or am I reading too much into this?

BHallESPN
    Brendan Hall
    Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli says Nathan Horton has been cleared for contact, Adam McQuaid "completely cleared"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Horton & McQuaid Updates

I would say "completely cleared" means that a player has gone through contact at practice with no setbacks. But that begs another question- when did McQuaid go through contact drills to be cleared ?

So great Asmaha now I am reading into it lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

Cleared for contact is better than no contact at all. Know what I mean? Without Horton this team is in big trouble as we found out last season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

At this point in my mind - I don't feel confident in Horton at all...He has had a long time to recover with limited progress...time to find another winger

If he comes back it can be as a bonus, but the Bs can't rely on his production. PC needs to add someone else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Re: Horton & McQuaid Updates:
    [QUOTE]At this point in my mind - I don't feel confident in Horton at all...He has had a long time to recover with limited progress...time to find another winger If he comes back it can be as a bonus, but the Bs can't rely on his production. PC needs to add someone else.
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

"If he comes back it can be a bonus" perhaps you have heard of this thing called the salary cap?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]At this point in my mind - I don't feel confident in Horton at all...He has had a long time to recover with limited progress...time to find another winger If he comes back it can be as a bonus, but the Bs can't rely on his production. PC needs to add someone else.

What did you think after Bergeron's second concussion?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton & McQuaid Updates : What did you think after Bergeron's second concussion?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Exactly BH. All concussions are different so there's no reason we should assume anything, one way or the other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/
                         http://instagram.com/p/NeBqAXxKkF/

McQuaid is putting in the work this off-season. The Mullet returns with full force!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm thinking this means if there were a game tomorrow McQuaid would play and Horton just has to pass the contact part before he is cleared. Anyways, good news.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Chiarelli said "Chiarelli also said that Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid has been cleared for contact after suffering a concussion late last season."  Not completely cleared.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[QUOTE]Chiarelli said "Chiarelli also said that Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid has been cleared for contact after suffering a concussion late last season."  Not completely cleared. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/
    Posted by chris3366[/QUOTE]
    well duh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Steve Silva writing in the blog says,  "By all accounts from our medical staff, [Horton] will be ready to play when it comes time to play," Chiarelli said when he addressed the media at TD Garden this afternoon." Sounds better than ESPN's report. Who's right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Sweet. I love this lineup without making any changes. I really think this team is going to come out hungry an ready to prove they werent a fluke. They can only get better with a core young guys who all have potential of 60+ point seasons.
    Im predicting a HUGE leap for Sequin too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]                         http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/                      http://instagram.com/p/NeBqAXxKkF/ McQuaid is putting in the work this off-season. The Mullet returns with full force!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

FYI San, the mullet is gone as of today!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton & McQuaid Updates : FYI San, the mullet is gone as of today! http://statigr.am/p/242555420659722918_21944393
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Still plenty of time to rock a mean mullet by playoff time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton & McQuaid Updates : What did you think after Bergeron's second concussion?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

That it took 18 months for him to become even close to the pre-concussion Bergeron.

That said, Horton should be a lock for 2013-2014 for 25 plus goals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Hey Juniorfalcon19

Did you read the entire string? Sandog asked when did McQuaid go thru contact to be completely cleared.  I was just pointing out that he wasn't completely cleared you bone head.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Psyched that Horton's going to be back. I really missed watching him play. With him in the lineup that line of Lucic-Krejci-Horton can just plow through the opposition with speed, strength and skill. Few lines in the league are as good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The positive side, both will have all of August and September to get tuned up. If a player wanting to get back in shape from concussions this is the best time for them. I hope they got their tickets to come back to Boston for the their conditioning skills started with the B's trainers.

At least we can stop worrying about the RW problem for the moment. All I am saying is McQuaid and Horton, "keep your heads up lads".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I am not sure why you and some others are so ready to think that Horton is done...let's look at the timeline of his injury.

He was injured in January and placed on the DL Feb 17 2012.

The club rests him for a month or so (as we approached the Playoffs) and decided to take no chances and shut him down until next year. The fact that he didn't play in the playoffs while disappointing, was the safest move at the time for the player AND the team's interests. His status has not changed since and they publicly reported updates after the playoffs.

It is not an unreasonable assumption to think the Bruins told him something like, 'Go home, get some rest and we'll see you mid-summer.' It is also not unreasonable to assume they kept in contact between then and now for periodic updates to gauge his health for next year and guide them through the Draft and FA period.

The B's apparent passiveness pursuing a replacement for Horton would support the view that he reported he was progressing well and expects to get to the next step (pending physicals and clearance). The time has now come that the Bruins' doctors have cleared him for the next phase (great news!!!) and yet people STILL say he's had limited progress and we should be loading up on wingers.

Should there be any setbacks, PC will still have time to make a move. And he will know whether the replacement will need to be full time, part time, call up, trade etc depending on Horton's status.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

[QUOTE]Sweet. I love this lineup without making any changes. I really think this team is going to come out hungry an ready to prove they werent a fluke. They can only get better with a core young guys who all have potential of 60+ point seasons. Im predicting a HUGE leap for Sequin too. 
    Posted by dogmonsta[/QUOTE]

Who's Sequin? I know a guy who plays for the Bruins and wears #19, his name is Tyler Seguin, but I'm not sure about this Sequin guy. Did we sign somebody new? Is he any good?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Cleared for contact means he can resume playing hockey and all that comes with it. In order for that to happen the doctors must say he is ok and he must not be suffering any symptoms....

Sure if he takes another nasty hit, it could be all over for him again. But its hockey and thats the chance you take. But he wont know how things are until he gets back out there. Besides how the heck can you jump past contact and say someone is completely cleared. My thought is Horton is completely cleared since he can take part in contact..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Excellent news for sure:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401358

Let's hope they last the season. The B's really need to stay healthy this year....

Sections
Shortcuts