Horton, Boychuck and Ryder all have something in common

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Horton, Boychuck and Ryder all have something in common

they all take wayyy too long to get their shot off and thus get them blocked by defensman all the time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Horton, Boychuck and Ryder all have something in common

In Response to Horton, Boychuck and Ryder all have something in common:
    [QUOTE]they all take wayyy too long to get their shot off and thus get them blocked by defensman all the time.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]
    You're on to something there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Horton, Boychuck and Ryder all have something in common:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Horton, Boychuck and Ryder all have something in common : You're on to something there.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I came to this thread to be snide. Rather I found myself in agreement.

I said this b4. horton's shot is way overrated. If he has 10 years + 1 to get a shot off its 50% likely to completely miss the net. If he has to take a snapper its going straight into the goalies chest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Horton is good at circling, toe drag and shooting but he does not have a good one timer.  No one on the Bruins has a good quick one timer.  If we did the powerplay would be 100% better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Horton, Boychuck and Ryder all have something in common:
    [QUOTE]they all take wayyy too long to get their shot off and thus get them blocked by defensman all the time.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Boychuk- I can see having to take some time. Most d-men with the exception of a onetimer usually have the 1,2,3 step before they release. 1) Look up while winding up. 2) Look down while winding down. 3) Release. A d-man cannot just fire at will usually. There's guys pressuring them 90% of the time. If they have nobody in front of them it's probably because they've snuck in the backdoor. If they just fire without hesitating a little bit they risk the chance of the shot getting blocked & they're now facing the wrong way of where the puck actually is and have created an odd man rush. This is what makes the Mark Streits & Markov's so special & Wideman can do it, but not enough. They're able to get that shot thru. Unfortunately Boychuk isn't in this category. He's got a cannon, but he can't get it thru seams enough for it to be effective. I think this is why he doesn't get much PP time.

Horton- This guy has a beast of a shot, a lot like Kessel, but Hort's is stronger & still able to get his laserbeam off in a stand still position. Kessel uses his while in motion & does the Messier lead with the wrong foot to a T. Watch goalie's when Kess shoots. A lot of times the goalies are waiting for him to take that extra step & that's why you'll see even butterfly goalie's still standing when he releases the puck. They're waiting for that millisecond before dropping, but he's released it while they're still waiting. Horton I think he's just gripping the stick too tight like he did in his earlier funk. As long as the B's continue to find a way to win. Let him stay in his drought. Right now he's still a streaky scorer. He'll find his niche again in the play-offs. It'll be the first of his career. Look for him to pick it up.

Ryder- Say what you want about this guy, but since he's been a Bruin, he's always finds a way to score in the play-offs. He'll do it again. He also has a laserbeam, but he can fire it in motion & standing still. I don't think his shot is as hard as Horton's, but he can fire it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Horton is good at circling, toe drag and shooting but he does not have a good one timer.  No one on the Bruins has a good quick one timer.  If we did the powerplay would be 100% better.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

There's few that do have that accurate, hard onetimer in the league. Right now I'd say Stamkos & Malkin are the elite of the elite. However with Stamkos only scoring 4 in last 24 or something like that. Teams are playing him differently compared to earlier in the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Horton is good at circling, toe drag and shooting but he does not have a good one timer.  No one on the Bruins has a good quick one timer.  If we did the powerplay would be 100% better.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Chara and Lucic have great one time shots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I agree with NAS that Chara first off has the most feared one timer in the NHL maybe next to Shea Weber and Lucic can get some serious power on it.  Ryder is in his last season as a Bruins so we only have so much longer to have to put up with it.  Boychuck's windup gives you enough time to take a leak and then come back for the shot.  Horton has a lethal wrist shot if he can get it off and he misses the net a lot because he never just shoots it into the goalie.  He always picks a corner.  Horton is also playing with a lot of heart lately and is never unwilling to tangle with next to anyone on the ice...that I respect

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with NAS that Chara first off has the most feared one timer in the NHL maybe next to Shea Weber and Lucic can get some serious power on it.  Ryder is in his last season as a Bruins so we only have so much longer to have to put up with it.  Boychuck's windup gives you enough time to take a leak and then come back for the shot.  Horton has a lethal wrist shot if he can get it off and he misses the net a lot because he never just shoots it into the goalie.  He always picks a corner.  Horton is also playing with a lot of heart lately and is never unwilling to tangle with next to anyone on the ice...that I respect
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]
    Chara for a d-man does have an awesome one timer, but Stamkos with his accuracy I think would be more feared. If Chara was a foward even on the PP I wonder how much difference that would make?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with NAS that Chara first off has the most feared one timer in the NHL maybe next to Shea Weber and Lucic can get some serious power on it.  Ryder is in his last season as a Bruins so we only have so much longer to have to put up with it.  Boychuck's windup gives you enough time to take a leak and then come back for the shot.  Horton has a lethal wrist shot if he can get it off and he misses the net a lot because he never just shoots it into the goalie.  He always picks a corner.  Horton is also playing with a lot of heart lately and is never unwilling to tangle with next to anyone on the ice...that I respect
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]
    I'm in the minority that still really likes what Horton has done for the Bruins.He's had a bad year compared to offensive expectations but has added more physicality than I originally anticipated.I also expect him to be a beast in his 1st playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Horton has kicked it into a higher gear in the last month or two which he needed to do.  Like dez, I want to see if he has a higher one in the playoffs.  He's never been there before but it looks like he's ready.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

to mattbs check out seguin's one timer and you'll change your tune

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

And I made a pact that whomever scored the winning goal at the last Bruins game I watched live I'de put his number on my vacant jersey.
    Need-less-to-say it was Horton. I hope I don't look too stupid come arond Thursday at the Garden.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

Seguin one timer in warm ups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBMwtQ7jDLM

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin one timer in warm ups http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBMwtQ7jDLM
    Posted by mik802[/QUOTE]

Great, Let him do it in the minors!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton, Boychuck and Ryder all have something in common : Great, Let him do it in the minors!
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

You always suggest he goes to the minors which he can not do due to his age. Please use some other argument in the future....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

The real sniper is Seguin. He has "Bossy" quickness to his shot. he just needs to learn to play good hockey and have some confidence. The OP is right; Horton is NOT a goalscorer; he takes too long to get rid of it. Ryder never was either.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]The real sniper is Seguin. He has "Bossy" quickness to his shot. he just needs to learn to play good hockey and have some confidence. The OP is right; Horton is NOT a goalscorer; he takes too long to get rid of it. Ryder never was either.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

I agree. He is the real deal who has been vastly underutilized this year. Instead of sitting him or having him play with pluggers it would have been better for him and his confidence to play on the PP all season. There are only so many times Seguin can be wide open and never receive a pass or to set up some stone-handed linemate before it starts to become a pointless exercise for him....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Boychuck is not a sniper. One of the problems is that his shots are all over the place and asre NOT easy to tip.